ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-22-2023, 03:25 PM   #1401
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
This Superman is similar to the first release, but there are several differences. The blue is lighter, the S-shield is not metallic, and there may be more detailing and lines on the costume, but that just might be due to the colour change making them more visible.

Here's the first version.

I have this version and it is pretty good, definitely one of the best Superman molds from McFarlane. Though I don't know if that is saying much to begin with.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 05:06 PM   #1402
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I have this version and it is pretty good, definitely one of the best Superman molds from McFarlane. Though I don't know if that is saying much to begin with.
I have to agree. I own this version too, and I still think it's the best Superman figure head-wise and in terms of body proportion.

The only downside is no "S" on the back of the cape and the figure could be a little taller.

The later ones (such as the upcoming regular Hush Jim Lee version) seem to make the character's body too bulky or their heads look horrible. The only other Superman figure I did like was the Page Punchers Superman, which has its own unique sculpt.

Last edited by Eko123; 08-22-2023 at 05:19 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:19 PM   #1403
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
I have to agree. I own this version too, and I still think it's the best Superman figure head-wise and in terms of body proportion.

The only downside is no "S" on the back of the cape and the figure could be a little taller.

The later ones (such as the upcoming regular Hush Jim Lee version) seem to make the character's body too bulky or their heads look horrible. The only other Superman figure I did like was the Page Punchers Superman, which has its own unique sculpt.

Yeah there have been some truly awful versions of Supes lately (SDCC exclusive, First Appearance). I almost wonder at times if McFarlane is like Frank Miller and has some kind of deep rooted disdain for the character.

Personally my faves to date are the AC#1000 and Red Son versions. Those two really hit it out of the park for me personally. I would then follow up with New 52? Supes (the one without the trunks) and Bizzaro.

I think Ultra Man looks good, but I don't actually own him so I can't say for sure.
Old 08-22-2023, 11:21 PM   #1404
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah there have been some truly awful versions of Supes lately (SDCC exclusive, First Appearance). I almost wonder at times if McFarlane is like Frank Miller and has some kind of deep rooted disdain for the character.

Personally my faves to date are the AC#1000 and Red Son versions. Those two really hit it out of the park for me personally. I would then follow up with New 52? Supes (the one without the trunks) and Bizzaro.

I think Ultra Man looks good, but I don't actually own him so I can't say for sure.
I don't know that might just be you. I enjoy the Action Comics #1 and the SDCC 80th anniversary Superman. It's basically the Hush Superman repainted in a fun way.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 05:15 AM   #1405
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I don't know that might just be you. I enjoy the Action Comics #1 and the SDCC 80th anniversary Superman. It's basically the Hush Superman repainted in a fun way.

Of course it is all personal opinion.

You say a "fun way", I say someone spilled some paint on a figure and decided to sell it anyway.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:11 AM   #1406
Nixle
Cobra Trooper

Everything that was on pre-order on Gamestop except Classic Riddler is released (including the Batman Movie Collection)
Nixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:28 AM   #1407
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixle View Post
Everything that was on pre-order on Gamestop except Classic Riddler is released (including the Batman Movie Collection)
You can add Tim Drake Robin to the list of unavailable
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:53 PM   #1408
Eko123
Body without Organs

Official pics of the Jim Gordon Batman and Dark Knights of Steel Batman, as well as the interrogation room Joker set from the Dark Knight movie (which will be a McFarlane Toys website exclusive).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jim.Gordon.6__scaled_800.jpg (61.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DK.of.Metal.Batman.6__scaled_800.jpg (74.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg dark knight interrogation set.jpg (69.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-24-2023, 12:56 PM   #1409
Eko123
Body without Organs

And for those who collect the Super Powers line, official pics of the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman, along with black suit Batman, New 52 Superman and a repainted Flash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thomas-Wayne-03__scaled_600.jpg (29.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Thomas-Wayne-06__scaled_600.jpg (53.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Batman.2__scaled_600.jpg (39.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Batman.6__scaled_600.jpg (50.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Superman.1__scaled_600.jpg (40.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Superman.6__scaled_600.jpg (52.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Flash.1__scaled_600.jpg (23.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Flash.6__scaled_600.jpg (55.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-24-2023, 09:22 PM   #1410
Mr_Flibble
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixle View Post
I preordered Tim Drake Robin and Anti-monitor through gamestop.ca for pickup in store, but they hadn't received them yet. Should I look elsewhere, or could they still be being delivered?
Mr_Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote