ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-31-2023, 02:24 PM   #6781
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
It looks like the neck connects to a ball at the bottom so it should go forward, backward/tilt and side to side pretty good.
I'd like for that to be true but the like I said, the promo pictures have me doubting. They have him in the landing pose at a weird angle, which leads me to believe his head has very limited side to side movement if any at all. Also when he's in a flying pose his head is always up right, never tilted forward, almost like because it can't. Obviously we won't know for sure until someone gets it in hand, but as of now I'm going to wait for reviews.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 06:39 PM   #6782
Eko123
Body without Organs

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 60th Anniversary deluxe Blob figure is supposed to be an exclusive to certain retailers?

Other than Gamestop, I haven't seen it in person at any other mass retail places so far. Unfortunately it's listed as unavailable on the Gamestop.ca website, so I'd need to call stores to see if they have one.

And Big Bad Toy Store's online listing said it will arrive in May.

I would hope that Amazon, Toys R Us or even Walmart will eventually carry the figure as well (although CMDStore has a listing on Amazon Marketplace at the moment for over $127 before shipping).

Last edited by Eko123; 04-01-2023 at 06:42 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:35 PM   #6783
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 60th Anniversary deluxe Blob figure is supposed to be an exclusive to certain retailers?

Other than Gamestop, I haven't seen it in person at any other mass retail places so far. Unfortunately it's listed as unavailable on the Gamestop.ca website, so I'd need to call stores to see if they have one.

And Big Bad Toy Store's online listing said it will arrive in May.

I would hope that Amazon, Toys R Us or even Walmart will eventually carry the figure as well (although CMDStore has a listing on Amazon Marketplace at the moment for over $127 before shipping).
Pretty sure Blob is a Fan Channel exclusive, which means no big box stores, nor Amazon. Though I did find it on BestBuy.ca, albeit currently sold out.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...igure/16609475

It is available for pre-order at ToySnowman.com, as well as other online figure retailers in Canada. And just because it's not available online at GameStop, doesn't mean it's actually sold out in stores. Check your local GameStop, or ask them to see if any other stores in your area have it in stock. They can even transfer it between stores, though that's up to the store staff to decide. Some will do it happily, while others will say they aren't allowed to.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 12:03 AM   #6784
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Pretty sure Blob is a Fan Channel exclusive, which means no big box stores, nor Amazon. Though I did find it on BestBuy.ca, albeit currently sold out.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...igure/16609475

It is available for pre-order at ToySnowman.com, as well as other online figure retailers in Canada. And just because it's not available online at GameStop, doesn't mean it's actually sold out in stores. Check your local GameStop, or ask them to see if any other stores in your area have it in stock. They can even transfer it between stores, though that's up to the store staff to decide. Some will do it happily, while others will say they aren't allowed to.
Thanks for the info.

Are all Fan Channel exclusives (not to be confused with Hasbro Pulse exclusives like the Hellfire Club or Excalibur box sets) normally not available at big box stores or Amazon? Or does that only apply to those which Hasbro specifically states will be exclusive to certain online retailers (e.g. the X-Force 3-pack was only on Hasbro Pulse and ShopDisney)?

I remember the Firestar, Black Cat, J. Jonah Jameson, She-Hulk, gray Beast and Hydra Supreme/Arnim Zola 2-pack were sold at Toys R Us, while the deluxe Archangel, deluxe Apocalypse (Age of Apocalypse) and Storm in black costume were readily available directly from Amazon as well.

Although these websites need to be updated, I'm just going by the information I found on this one:
https://legendsverse.com/checklist/exclusives/fan-channel?page=1

and this one:
https://legendsverse.com/checklist/e...es/fan-channel

Also, the two X-Men 3-packs, the Outback Rogue, and the 5 pack of X-Men characters (Stryfe, Vertigo, Pretty Boy, Random and Zero) which are all Fan Channel exclusives are available for pre-order on Amazon. It's a little weird why Blob wouldn't be available as well...although the CMDStore listing in the Amazon marketplace section does indicate it's "new to Amazon"...which might suggest that Amazon hasn't gotten it yet, much like other online retailers like Toy Snowman and Big Bad Toy Store? I don't know.

I'm definitely going to check some of the other GameStop stores to see if they have Blob, but if it ends up eventually being available on Amazon as well, that would be nice, especially since the price may go down over time.

Last edited by Eko123; 04-02-2023 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:10 AM   #6785
philtastic
Master of the Universe

TRU is probably fan channel, but they will almost certainly have the highest price of any store in Canada. If you can't get it at GameStop, just Google it and go for the least expensive option. Since it's a windowless box, finding it on store shelves is basically irrelevant.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:49 AM   #6786
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
TRU is probably fan channel, but they will almost certainly have the highest price of any store in Canada. If you can't get it at GameStop, just Google it and go for the least expensive option. Since it's a windowless box, finding it on store shelves is basically irrelevant.
I totally agree about TRU usually being the most expensive...although I did get the Mojo figure when it was on sale from TRU last year and surprisingly after tax and shipping, it was cheaper than getting it at GameStop (even with the Platinum membership discount).

If I can't find Blob at GameStop, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Amazon will carry the figure like what's happened with the other 60th Anniversary X-Men Fan Channel Exclusives so far.

I've already googled prices for Blob on eBay, AliExpress, etc. and it's crazy how every listing I've seen is already selling it for ridiculous scalper prices. I guess those sellers on playing on people's fear of missing out (FOMO)? lol
Old 04-02-2023, 12:52 AM   #6787
Eko123
Body without Organs

For anyone who wants the Fan Channel Beast with lab coat and interchangeable heads on retro packaging, Amazon.ca has currently marked it down to $34.97 before tax.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-02-2023, 01:09 AM   #6788
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I've already googled prices for Blob on eBay, AliExpress, etc. and it's crazy how every listing I've seen is already selling it for ridiculous scalper prices. I guess those sellers on playing on people's fear of missing out (FOMO)? lol
Why are you looking at AliExpress (knock-offs) and Ebay (scalpers)? The fan channel sites in Canada have it for MSRP, ranging from $77 - $89. And that's what I found doing a quick 30 second search.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:36 AM   #6789
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Sorry, ignorant question here...but when you mean Fan Channel sites, are you talking about online retailers that carry some of the exclusives like Toy Snowman, Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store?

Unfortunately, I haven't really bought much from smaller retailers (although I did buy from Big Bad Toy Store once). Would Amazon count as a Fan Channel site, seeing how they've carried some of the exclusives as well?
Yes, Fan Channel is Toy Snowman, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and the likes. Basically any small figure retailer (though BBTS and Entertainment Earth are by no means small). Toy Snowman is great, as are most other online shops in Canada (but stay away from NMCToys). You can search the various threads on this forum for reviews and feedback on which stores are best. Keep in mind, though, that most are run by one person, with maybe a few employees, so keep your expectations in check.

Amazon is generally not considered Fan Channel, but is sometimes included, though most, if not all exclusives these days end up only being exclusive for a limited time, after which any retailer who wants to can end up carrying them. However that usually doesn't include big retailers like Walmart who usually do their purchasing way in advance. Also, there aren't really any restrictions on third-party sellers putting whatever they want on Amazon's or Walmart's marletplaces. But their prices are usually much higher, so not a compelling option.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:41 AM   #6790
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Yes, Fan Channel is Toy Snowman, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and the likes. Basically any small figure retailer (though BBTS and Entertainment Earth are by no means small). Toy Snowman is great, as are most other online shops in Canada (but stay away from NMCToys). You can search the various threads on this forum for reviews and feedback on which stores are best. Keep in mind, though, that most are run by one person, with maybe a few employees, so keep your expectations in check.

Amazon is generally not considered Fan Channel, though most, if not all exclusives these days end up only being exclusive for a limited time, after which any retailer who wants to can end up carrying them. However that usually doesn't include big retailers like Walmart who usually do their purchasing way in advance. Also, there aren't really any restrictions on third-party sellers putting whatever they want on Amazon's or Walmart's marletplaces. But their prices are usually much higher, so not a compelling option.
Whoops sorry...I accidentally deleted the message you responded to (I'm not very technical saavy lol)...but I think I understand now. Thanks for the clarification! I really appreciate it.

And yes, I've read all of the posts on NMC Toys, from whom I would never order.

What's weird though is that I think I actually purchased one of the last waves of Mattel's DC Comics line from him at a toy show years ago. Maybe I was lucky I didn't have any issues because I bought from him in person...but after hearing all of the horror stories from other people about dealing with him, I would definitely steer clear.

In the case of the recent X-Men 60th Anniversary exclusive sets and the Outback Rogue figure, the pre-orders are directly through Amazon.ca, not 3rd Party Marketplace sellers. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Blob will end up being available on Amazon too, as it is still pricey to get it from GameStop even with the Platinum membership discount.

I already splurged recently to buy the entire Puff Adder wave and the latest McFarlane DC figures, so I don't mind putting off buying the Blob if it becomes readily available directly from Amazon down the road.

Last edited by Eko123; 04-02-2023 at 01:50 AM.