ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #31
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
The only issue I've seen with the line is that they convinced Wal-Mart to buy more than they could sell.

Beyond that, reaction seems to be fairly positive and most other stores only have a small number of figures left hanging around.
Here in Barrie everywhere has massive overstock. Walmart and TRU are packed with them, and even EB has quite a few. I feel like TRU in particular has barely sold any; maybe 2 figures since they got them in.

We’ve got literally two of each of those stores here though, so it might just be an overflow of stock to a smaller collector base.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:43 PM   #32
wedge1021
Mutant

Retail chains always over-buy on first waves. At least most of the characters in it are fairly well-known and popular that they should hopefully get some of the non-collectors picking them up.

I don't think I've ever seen them go on sale anywhere yet though either (usually TRU is good about that)? So maybe some people are just waiting. I waited for a long time hoping to catch one but eventually caved in and bought them all at regular price (which I still felt was pretty fair).
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #33
riderman
Master of the Universe

Too many Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Harley Quinn clogging up the shelves because many collect 6 inch figures and not too many have jumped on 7 inch just yet. Wonder Woman is selling and the Batman who laughs seem to disappear off shelves faster
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #34
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Wonder Woman is selling and the Batman who laughs seem to disappear off shelves faster
Well looks like the focus will fall on more Dark Knights Metal figures for a bit. Next round of pre-orders has Earth-1, Earth-32, Earth-44 and Grim Knight Batman. Makes sense I guess, it combines cool unique looks, a popular recent comic, and of course - Batman.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #35
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Retail chains always over-buy on first waves.
Yup, this has always been an issue, and unless a company has a strong specialty market presence, it can kill a line after a couple of waves.

Unfortunately, McFarlane does not have a good specialty market system. Which is ironic, since that was their lifeblood for years. Todd has always been obsessed with getting into Wal-Mart though.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:49 AM   #36
cloud
Master of the Universe

I feel like it's a Canadian retail thing. In the States I don't notice the same problem.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #37
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I feel like it's a Canadian retail thing. In the States I don't notice the same problem.
I think American chains are A LOT quicker to clearance out the pegwarmers. You always hear about people finding figures on clearance there for dirt cheap (like $1), but that NEVER happens here.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #38
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I think American chains are A LOT quicker to clearance out the pegwarmers. You always hear about people finding figures on clearance there for dirt cheap (like $1), but that NEVER happens here.
American stores also have way more sales and much more generous sales than we do here. Every time you see something on clearance at walmart in canada it's like 10 cents off the normal price, whereas clearance there is like half the original price.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #39
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
American stores also have way more sales and much more generous sales than we do here. Every time you see something on clearance at walmart in canada it's like 10 cents off the normal price, whereas clearance there is like half the original price.
Yeah. I always laugh at that
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:59 PM   #40
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Azrael and WK Joker were at the EB Chinook here today. Bad news... $34.99 minus Edge discount now.

Passed until they hit the price of $24.99 at WM or TRU.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote