ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-03-2023, 08:22 PM   #2351
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Minus the drama with other youtubers I like most of his stuff. As you mention he does dioramas, customs, a lot of cool displays and such.

I generally find it's pretty easy to sort his videos by the titles to avoid the subjects I'm not interested in ( youtube drama, heavy Hasbro critiques)

But then I kinda agree with him on somethings, like the Hiss Tank situation, so mileage will vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I have to give that guy credit, he does some great customs using other toys (Lightyear, etc) and 3D printing.

It's just a shame he is so #@$%-ing negative in the majority of his videos. He spends so much time bashing Hasbro that it makes me wonder why he even bothers buying their product. It was just too much so I stopped watching his videos.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:57 PM   #2352
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
I have to give that guy credit, he does some great customs using other toys (Lightyear, etc) and 3D printing.

It's just a shame he is so #@$%-ing negative in the majority of his videos. He spends so much time bashing Hasbro that it makes me wonder why he even bothers buying their product. It was just too much so I stopped watching his videos.
You should see the American G.I. Joe Facebook groups; not a reveal goes by without multiple fights breaking out across the posts, lol.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:17 PM   #2353
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
You should see the American G.I. Joe Facebook groups; not a reveal goes by without multiple fights breaking out across the posts, lol.
It?s really entertaining?
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:21 AM   #2354
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
It?s really entertaining?
It's more amusing in a wry 'SMH' sort of way, and even then only if one can manage a certain level of distance from it and not get pulled in, lol.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:53 AM   #2355
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Honestly it seems like there is that type of group in every fandom.

I unfortunately got sucked down the Youtube algorithm for negative Joe podcasts recently. IronKen, 3POA, Articulated Ninja, Retroblasting, Analog Toys (to name the ones I hit up).

All these guys/groups seem to bask in the negativity and enjoy taking shots at everyone (Hasbro, fans, other Youtubers). I tried getting through them to see if maybe it was just a bad day, but man I half watched a couple videos of each and they just can't help themselves.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with calling out crap when you see it, and discussing issues, but these channels spend more time being negative, especially about Hasbro and other Youtubers, than on positive stuff. So again it makes me wonder why they are supposed "fans".
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #2356
Napseeker
Dark Knight

ClownfishTV made the point that they don't like to do negative videos either BUT when they tried to do a handful of positive, inspiring youtube videos praising some good things about certain movies or products, those videos got almost no views.

The sad fact is that people just respond more to negativity whether that's on YT, Facebook, twitter... whatever. And if that's what makes income for social media influencers, that's what they'll produce.

There's a sad reason why nutjobs like Alex Jones rake in the millions by spreading conspiracy theories and lies to millions of listeners. Because that's where the money is. Until we all change our disposition for this kind of content, it'll only remain pervasive in all of the platforms.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:47 AM   #2357
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Quote:

I unfortunately got sucked down the Youtube algorithm for negative Joe podcasts recently. IronKen, 3POA, Articulated Ninja, Retroblasting, Analog Toys (to name the ones I hit up).

3POA is pretty funny TBH, they poke fun at themselves as much as they like to criticize large corporate entities, and Bobby insight and raging on his ex-coworkers has me

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:55 PM   #2358
Robimus
Super Moderator

I've kinda seen both.

For Instance ironken's most viewed videos are stuff that is on the more positive side these days, while his drama videos have lower numbers.

That said, once Viper Island embraced the putting down of other channels(even including shots at websites like AFN & Hisstank), since then his views have gone up.

I used to watch Viper Island but got real tired of every video opening with a montages of how much better he is than everyone else, how he gives you the only news you need, how other channels that get legit leaks that are eventually proved credible are fake.

I stopped watching and haven't returned. But his views went way up.

Main ones I watch now are artistshark for news and anybody like Ironken and Articulated Ninja sharing custom ideas and displaying collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
ClownfishTV made the point that they don't like to do negative videos either BUT when they tried to do a handful of positive, inspiring youtube videos praising some good things about certain movies or products, those videos got almost no views.

The sad fact is that people just respond more to negativity whether that's on YT, Facebook, twitter... whatever. And if that's what makes income for social media influencers, that's what they'll produce.

There's a sad reason why nutjobs like Alex Jones rake in the millions by spreading conspiracy theories and lies to millions of listeners. Because that's where the money is. Until we all change our disposition for this kind of content, it'll only remain pervasive in all of the platforms.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:25 PM   #2359
Realboss
Super Friend

Ditto on Viper Island as soon as he started throwing stones at other channels. I think people are able to figure fact from fiction for themselves or at least I think.🤔 Fwoosh is still my favorite
Realboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #2360
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Loved how the 1985 Snake Eyes was a mix of blacks and greys. I really wanted the grey straps from the new Snake Eyes. Here's my Classified V2 Snake Eyes that I'm finally happy with.

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote