ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 09-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #1
Westerner
hawt newcomer
Best sources to find older motuc figures?

I have a renewed interest in motuc as many fans are turning their heads toward the retro origins figures (which I also find pretty keen). I was looking to beef up the size of my old motuc collection, and re-purchase some of the ones I sold when I needed cash.

Would like to hear comments, thanks
Westerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Stevan
Cylon Centurion
Re: Best sources to find older motuc figures?

Facebook marketplace,kijiji and evil bay if you are lucky to find good deals these days. Motuc prices have skyrocketed since the line ended. Local sellers for example here in Ontario ask a fortune for each figure regardless if its in package or loose. You are looking to spend at least $100 or more for one figure. Sorceress,Fisto,Battle Cat,Panthor to name a few will cost you arm and a leg these days.
I almost completed my Motuc back in the day but I am still missing a few figures plus point dread playset and some vehicles. I need Mantenna for example since I missed him several times back in the day and now he is heavily over priced.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #3
Westerner
hawt newcomer

The good thing is, I have a fair-sized, nice core of figures - a mix of re-imagined vintage and Filmation. Mind you, yrs back when I needed some extra cash, I culled through my overall collection, and got rid of some mainly non-core figures. They are the only figs I ever regretted selling: Clawful, Snout Spout, King Grayskull, Keldor, Buzz-off, Eternian Palace Guards, Horde Troopers, Lizard Man, SA He-Man vs King Hssss.

Of course, I'm itching to find them again, along with several I never owned in the first place.

Yep, I'm combing those markets you listed and others. The two biggest hauls I ever made were a local sale and then a big Matty sale. Unfortunately I missed the going-out-biz sale at Mattel, when some good figures and vehicles were going for great deals.

Battle Cat costs sick money now, lol. Remember when they were almost handing them away on big Matty sales? Crazy.
Westerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #4
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Yes I remember Matty sales very well. During those sales I found Keldor,Palace Guards,Battle Cat,Horde Troopers and several others. Those were the days. I had the sub only once back in 2012. Rest of the time I was chasing figures locally in Toronto area and in rest of canada and got some figures through trade. For example I got Wundar locally loose complete for $10 along with few other first release figures such as Skeletor,He-man,Teela,Man-at-arms,Scareglow. All of them loose complete for $10 a piece. In the same deal King Grayskull loose complete with damaged Castle box for $20. Roboto and Whiplash who were difficult to get back then I found for $30 a piece in their packaging locally. Finding all these deals back then was great. Sadly such deals are not around anymore. I hear ya regarding Battle Cat. Prices are insane these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
The good thing is, I have a fair-sized, nice core of figures - a mix of re-imagined vintage and Filmation. Mind you, yrs back when I needed some extra cash, I culled through my overall collection, and got rid of some mainly non-core figures. They are the only figs I ever regretted selling: Clawful, Snout Spout, King Grayskull, Keldor, Buzz-off, Eternian Palace Guards, Horde Troopers, Lizard Man, SA He-Man vs King Hssss.

Of course, I'm itching to find them again, along with several I never owned in the first place.

Yep, I'm combing those markets you listed and others. The two biggest hauls I ever made were a local sale and then a big Matty sale. Unfortunately I missed the going-out-biz sale at Mattel, when some good figures and vehicles were going for great deals.

Battle Cat costs sick money now, lol. Remember when they were almost handing them away on big Matty sales? Crazy.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote