ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 03:54 AM   #2441
Grosse Fidelity
Super Friend
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I got my shipping notice from megalopolis for the Strong Guy wave yesterday as well
Grosse Fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:58 AM   #2442
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
Surely any 'savings' in this 'new and improved' USMCA deal are offset by the fact that it only applies if you ship using a courier...which are way more expensive than the good old post office. So if you bought $100 worth of product before, you might get dinged customs and taxes, but now you'll pay the same amount in courier shipping. Sideways move.
One thing I’ll be curious to see is that since we’ll still have to pay the GST on items over $40, how much will UPS and Fed Ex charge for their brokerage fees? That GST will still have to be collected, so will they still do what they were doing before July 1st i.e. pay the outstanding $$ (this time being just GST instead of duty as well) and still charge us those crazy brokerage fees to get the GST total back?
Is this something they could still do?
The pessimist in me feels we’ll still get hosed by the private courier companies, with the only savings being the duty (if spending between $40 and $150), which isn’t really saving anything when compared to the extra cost of private couriers to USPS/Canada Post.

Another thing too is that private courier companies are already struggling to keep up with the increased demand in online shopping since COVID, their backlog will get even worse now. Well, at least at first until people realize firsthand there’s really no savings, just that more of your money will go to UPS/FedEx/DHL instead of the government. And there will ultimately be increased wait times if more people try private couriers.

Back to Marvel Legends....... How many have received their Stan Lees in the mail from EB Games? I preordered online with ship to home option and I’m still waiting. Curious who’s in the same boat.

Last edited by m.arndt; 07-04-2020 at 05:08 AM.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #2443
Gabara
Red Shirt

I picked mine up instore from ebgames the other day. Like last Friday.
Gabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #2444
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
One thing I’ll be curious to see is that since we’ll still have to pay the GST on items over $40, how much will UPS and Fed Ex charge for their brokerage fees? That GST will still have to be collected, so will they still do what they were doing before July 1st i.e. pay the outstanding $$ (this time being just GST instead of duty as well) and still charge us those crazy brokerage fees to get the GST total back?
Is this something they could still do?
The pessimist in me feels we’ll still get hosed by the private courier companies, with the only savings being the duty (if spending between $40 and $150), which isn’t really saving anything when compared to the extra cost of private couriers to USPS/Canada Post.

Another thing too is that private courier companies are already struggling to keep up with the increased demand in online shopping since COVID, their backlog will get even worse now. Well, at least at first until people realize firsthand there’s really no savings, just that more of your money will go to UPS/FedEx/DHL instead of the government. And there will ultimately be increased wait times if more people try private couriers.

Back to Marvel Legends....... How many have received their Stan Lees in the mail from EB Games? I preordered online with ship to home option and I’m still waiting. Curious who’s in the same boat.
I received mine a week ago, and I know my home store got a few in as well.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #2445
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I know he's not a Marvel Legend, but has anyone seen the Diamond Select Disney Store Taskmaster in the wild yet (at the Disney Store)?
Disney Stores are still closed here

I managed to order 2 from shop Disney with a coupon
Knocked the price down to $25

I won’t be able to pick it up until the border reopens
ironmanhulkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #2446
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanhulkbuster View Post
Disney Stores are still closed here

I managed to order 2 from shop Disney with a coupon
Knocked the price down to $25

I won’t be able to pick it up until the border reopens
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I tried to ship to Canada using their online store and the total rang up to around $90 CAD! I thought waiting might be a better option.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #2447
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

Amazon delivered Dark Beast today

My set is done
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #2448
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Amazon delivered Dark Beast today

My set is done
I only got loose baf and morph from this wave, now I regret that but I literally don’t know these characters/versions
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:39 PM   #2449
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

It’s a must have wave imo

I have the AoA Magneto MAEFX figure on preorder

With Blink and Apocalypse available all I need is a AoA Sabretooth and maybe Rogue. Or Cyclops and Mr Sinister

I’d never request another figure again
Old 07-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #2450
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
It’s a must have wave imo

I have the AoA Magneto MAEFX figure on preorder

With Blink and Apocalypse available all I need is a AoA Sabretooth and maybe Rogue. Or Cyclops and Mr Sinister

I’d never request another figure again
I am going to have to never read this comic series because then I will go and buy them all and have duplicates.

I don’t even know the baf character, he was just so ridiculous looking I had to get it. Loose Marvel Legends through Dorkside are a reasonable option FYI
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote