ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-01-2022, 07:03 AM   #131
Sun Swipe Prime
Red Shirt
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Why do you have to be fair? I mean he isn't fair to damn near everyone who places an order with him.
Well, this is a feedback thread and people are supposed to share their experiences, good or bad. If someone has a positive experience, it's their right to share it if they want, just as it's someone's right to share their bad experiences.

And to jump on someone for simply being honest about their experiences just because it's not falling in line with what's typical of the masses, that's not right. That's a mob mentality. That's people more interested on shitting on someone than the actual truth. And that takes away from the credibility of this thread.

If this is just a thread exclusively for taking a crap on NMC, then it should be labelled as such, and there should be coupons for the free pitchforks and torches stickied at the top.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #132
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Fair. But at this point...I think it's more questioning with such overwhelming negative reviews why are people even bothering to give him your money ?!
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #133
Sun Swipe Prime
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Fair. But at this point...I think it's more questioning with such overwhelming negative reviews why are people even bothering to give him your money ?!
I wonder that myself sometimes, but if someone isn't having issues, then good for them, and it's none of my business if they continue to do business with them or not. They've been forewarned and if they get burned, they went in with open eyes.

I mean look at Amazon. Pre-ordering from there is like rolling the dice every time. You might get it. You might not. But people keep going back, and then complain on the forums about their orders being cancelled. To put the cherry on top of that, some don't want to use our sponsors. Though they may be slower and a little more expensive, they're reliable. But again, none of my business where people buy their stuff from.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #134
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I wonder that myself sometimes, but if someone isn't having issues, then good for them, and it's none of my business if they continue to do business with them or not. They've been forewarned and if they get burned, they went in with open eyes.

I mean look at Amazon. Pre-ordering from there is like rolling the dice every time. You might get it. You might not. But people keep going back, and then complain on the forums about their orders being cancelled. To put the cherry on top of that, some don't want to use our sponsors. Though they may be slower and a little more expensive, they're reliable. But again, none of my business where people buy their stuff from.
Fair. But Amazon doesn't take you money and refuse to give it back.

While it is nobody's business for sure. It still blows my mind either way. I mean at some point your just playing Russian roulette I suppose.

NMC is the glory hole of toy collecting I think it's fair to say...
Old 06-01-2022, 08:15 PM   #135
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
He has a fair number of advertisements on social media and NMC is one of the first shops to show up when you google preordering a figure in Canada, so that's most likely why he gets so much business still. It's up to the customer to read the negative reviews or not.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #136
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
He has a fair number of advertisements on social media and NMC is one of the first shops to show up when you google preordering a figure in Canada, so that's most likely why he gets so much business still. It's up to the customer to read the negative reviews or not.
I agree. While we have the satisfaction of knowing, not many take the time to do their research.

I wonder what his advertising bill is like...probably the 2nd thing he does after writing his famous emails.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:05 PM   #137
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Well, this is a feedback thread and people are supposed to share their experiences, good or bad. If someone has a positive experience, it's their right to share it if they want, just as it's someone's right to share their bad experiences.

And to jump on someone for simply being honest about their experiences just because it's not falling in line with what's typical of the masses, that's not right. That's a mob mentality. That's people more interested on shitting on someone than the actual truth. And that takes away from the credibility of this thread.

If this is just a thread exclusively for taking a crap on NMC, then it should be labelled as such, and there should be coupons for the free pitchforks and torches stickied at the top.
I'm not jumping on anyone. If he wants to order from NMC idc. I just don't think he deserves any kind of fair reviews the same way he believes you don't deserve to be treated fairly as a customer.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:48 PM   #138
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
I agree. While we have the satisfaction of knowing, not many take the time to do their research.

I wonder what his advertising bill is like...probably the 2nd thing he does after writing his famous emails.
The bill probably doesn't matter to him because of the amount of unfulfilled preorder deposits he gets to keep after not fulfilling them covers the cost
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:08 AM   #139
Sun Swipe Prime
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm not jumping on anyone. If he wants to order from NMC idc. I just don't think he deserves any kind of fair reviews the same way he believes you don't deserve to be treated fairly as a customer.
You might not think that, but you and others basically chastised someone for giving an honest opinion just because it was a positive opinion. That's messed up.

Are people supposed to conform to what you think NMC deserves just because you said so?

If this is a true feedback thread, it should have all feedback, positive and negative. Discouraging positive feedback is just as bad a NMC trying to erase and dodge all the bad feedback. It makes things one sided and paints things with a stench of dishonesty.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:03 AM   #140
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
You might not think that, but you and others basically chastised someone for giving an honest opinion just because it was a positive opinion. That's messed up.

Are people supposed to conform to what you think NMC deserves just because you said so?

If this is a true feedback thread, it should have all feedback, positive and negative. Discouraging positive feedback is just as bad a NMC trying to erase and dodge all the bad feedback. It makes things one sided and paints things with a stench of dishonesty.
True but chastising is a strong word. We are however allowed to disagree/agree with the feedback positive or negative.

People here are getting ripped off hard by this guy and people will have strong opinions about that.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 06-02-2022 at 10:09 AM.