ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-25-2022, 11:42 PM   #1351
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

My amazon.com BAT arrived today via UPS 2 day shipping and after shipping and exchange it was still under C$40. No need to waste time missing out on it in the wild now.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:18 AM   #1352
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
Yeah, same here. Looks like it's $139.99 at all canadian sellers. Brutal! I pre-ordered the Twins and Stalker from Gamestop.ca. Passed on the Megatron/HISS, at least for now. It looks cool and I want an o-ring Baroness but not at that price.
Waitaminute... there's only 3 figures in this set and some blast effects, but at that price it works out to... $47+tax per figure?!?!?

I already have 2 Vipers so I wasn't paying much attention to this set, is there anything else that comes with this pack to justify that insane price?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:19 AM   #1353
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
is there anything else that comes with this pack to justify that insane price?
Just Hasbro's greed.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #1354
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Just Hasbro's greed.

Don't forget the buyer's remorse.

Remember the days when a multi-figure repack set worked out to actually be cheaper than buying the figures separately?

Good times.....
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #1355
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

I preordered one of everything Thursday. Finally got a couple of BATs in-hand from a Pulse order and they look fantastic.

Excited by all the pipeline reveals, and I actually want to get a couple of each of the Python Patrol troops. Might be a challenge.

I did see that Dorkside is splitting up the Viper 3-packs so that you can buy just the officer or the pair of Vipers. Spreading the word in case it helps anyone here.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:26 PM   #1356
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Regarding the Classified figures on retro cardbacks… are they strictly a Walmart exclusive or has it been said anywhere that a few will find their way on to Hasbro Pulse?

I freaking hate Walmart exclusives up here, and I really have my doubts of actually seeing one at any Walmart near me. Real shame as that retro Gung Ho is a must for me.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #1357
wesperino
Mutant

I preordered the viper pack from zon.com can’t believe it’s still cheaper to do it that way over all ca retailers.

Yes the retro card back gung ho is supposedly a wally exclusive which I will be keeping my eye out for as I want that fig as my GH will be mutant chuck lidell new recruit.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #1358
Evan
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Regarding the Classified figures on retro cardbacks? are they strictly a Walmart exclusive or has it been said anywhere that a few will find their way on to Hasbro Pulse?

I freaking hate Walmart exclusives up here, and I really have my doubts of actually seeing one at any Walmart near me. Real shame as that retro Gung Ho is a must for me.
I believe the retro card backs are for "Walmart Con" in the summer. Which means they may or may not randomly show up in stores sometime between September and December if I go by my own past experiences. Some of the Real Ghostbusters items did show up on the Canadian site months later, so it is worth keeping an eye out there too.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:57 PM   #1359
Sun Swipe Prime
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
I preordered the viper pack from zon.com can?t believe it?s still cheaper to do it that way over all ca retailers.
Did you take into account the $11 import fee and $10 shipping fee? When you do that it comes out to around 111 US which is around 143 Canadian. That's if they don't charge any customs fees.

I pre-ordered mine from one of our sponsors. Base price 129.99. Total after taxes was around $145.50. Plus, I've never had a pre-order cancelled or go missing from them. With amazon I have. So, for me, it's worth the extra $2.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 02-27-2022 at 09:02 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:25 PM   #1360
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Did you take into account the $11 import fee and $10 shipping fee? When you do that it comes out to around 111 US which is around 143 Canadian. That's if they don't charge any customs fees.

I pre-ordered mine from one of our sponsors. Base price 129.99. Total after taxes was around $145.50. Plus, I've never had a pre-order cancelled or go missing from them. With amazon I have. So, for me, it's worth the extra $2.
Who's got it for $129.99. I know DJC has it for $125, but then shipping is extra.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote