ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-02-2022, 08:25 PM   #261
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

A black series X Wing would fund no Problem.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:25 PM   #262
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
A black series X Wing would fund no Problem.
They are probably turned off from that by the poor selling black series tie fighter. However that was a first order tie fighter which is less appealing. Also a tie fighter is hard to display with 6 inch figures. They just do not look good sitting on the ground. They keep making weird choices.

A black series A/X/Y is much better. They are hyperdrive equipped ships. You could set up a cool scene on some planet where your rebel pilot had to land for repairs after an emergency hyperdrive jump. Or your vehicle could have been a bounty hunter/adventurer vehicle. Unless someone brings a ladder with it the tie fighter is no good for such scenes.

Last edited by Marvellegendsguy; 06-02-2022 at 09:29 PM.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:52 PM   #263
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Yea I agree. That tie fighter was too awkward and bulky. Hopefully Hasbro is Willing to try it as a Haslab but after the Rancor thing I don't know if that will be an option for them
Old 06-03-2022, 05:19 AM   #264
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The same problem presents itself with a BS X-Wing, size. While the TIE Fighter was huge in height, the X-Wing would be huge in width, and length. It would be a bit of a nightmare to display as it wouldn't fit on most standard shelving due to the width of the wings.

Lenny from the GI Joe team mentioned during a recent stream that they looked at doing a Classified Skystriker instead of the ARAH size. However when he did the rough layout of the body for a size comparison it was too big. He said his daughter could fit inside the outline and lay down with a bit of room. And that was with the wings folded in!!!

I think the reality for any 6" scaled vehicle is height (or maybe length) over width due to space/display considerations. If you look at previous Haslabs they have all pretty much been either very tall, or very long. The one exception seems to have been Unicron who is both tall and wide, though still fairly compact (relatively speaking). The Sail Barge was long, but not really wide, and made for 3.75". The Sentinel and Galactus are both scaled for 6", but they are really just tall (height) and not wide.

So in the end I would love to see an X-WIng, or Y-Wing, but I don't know that they would be feasible at the 6" scale. Of course the X-Wing is so iconic that it would be strange if they tried to do a fighter and didn't go with it. Maybe an AT-ST would be another possibility as it would be tall but not to wide and make for an easier display.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:21 AM   #265
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Forgot to do my daily update for the Reva Lightsaber:

940/5000 (+33)

So 18.8% of the way there.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:40 PM   #266
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Is the X Wing bigger than a snow speeder? Cause they managed to do that at retail and I know it was pretty big too.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #267
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Is the X Wing bigger than a snow speeder? Cause they managed to do that at retail and I know it was pretty big too.
you can google a size comparison chart, but yes... the x-wing is a lot bigger than a snowspeeder.

Luke's X-Wing is about 2.5 snowspeeders from engines to nose and about 2 snowspeeders from wing tip to wing tip.

I own the snowspeeder and would love to display it but it's hard to find room for that thing... an x-wing would need to sit in the back yard
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:17 PM   #268
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

I still say the best way to start would be with an ATST. Relatively small footprint, but huge visual impact with a few troopers around the base. Easy to modify for snow or jungle use, or pirates/raiders with a little overspray or decals. I think almost any ship would be too huge when scaled up. Even the Assault Tank would be pretty big scaled up.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #269
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Good point we have a black series snowspeeder and I have it stored away because its so big and unwieldy. But also its a snow item and has limited applications. A wing would be perfect but itsa niche fighter for Star Wars nerds (my favourite though).

Last edited by Marvellegendsguy; 06-03-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #270
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
I still say the best way to start would be with an ATST. Relatively small footprint, but huge visual impact with a few troopers around the base. Easy to modify for snow or jungle use, or pirates/raiders with a little overspray or decals. I think almost any ship would be too huge when scaled up. Even the Assault Tank would be pretty big scaled up.
I would love an AT ST but I think the legs might sag and I think it would be difficult to engineer with strong enough joints. Such skinny legs.