ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
G.I. JOE COLLECTORS CLUB 2012 FREE MEMBERSHIP FIGURE: FOOTLOOSE

G.I. JOE COLLECTORS CLUB 2012 FREE MEMBERSHIP FIGURE: FOOTLOOSE

Category: 25th Anniversary

Posted From: HISSTANK.COM - G.I. Joe
Old 09-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. JOE COLLECTORS CLUB 2012 FREE MEMBERSHIP FIGURE: FOOTLOOSE

He looks really good. I'll be resubscribing. I am happy with the Dialtone figure I got, and this looks even better. The magazine you get every other month is pretty much shit though.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Hey pud I was thinking about joining but I'm super leary about the costs for us Canadians. Whats the cost break down for joining as a Canadian?
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

It's expensive. It's $63 for Canadians, and with it you get the 12 issues plus the free figure. For me, the issues are useless, since people generally report the information in them online. However, the free 3.75" figure, as well as getting discounts on other club exclusive stuff, is where the benefits are. This year it was Dial Tone, and he's very coveted amongst 25th anniversary collectors. I would only recommend you join the club if you are a big GI Joe mark. If it doesn't bother you that you won't get figures like Footloose or Dial Tone, then the club isn't for you. Hope that helps.

Personally, I love the 25th ann line, and I must have these figures, so it's worth it for me. I'll also be joining the subscription service they'll do for next year. I am anticipating it to be very expensive, but the upside is you'll get two free figures a month on carded 25th anniversary cards.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Ah see the cost is what kills me, I love everything GI Joe and the 25th line is my favorite. I have been waffling on joining the club for a few years now. But now that you have to be a member in order to join the subscription i might have to. Of course it all depends on how much the subscription figures are going to cost per month. I just wish they had cheaper shipping options.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, they haven't announced anything regarding costs. For me, it depends on one major factor regarding the subscription: I like getting new characters, but it has to have enough vintage characters, like cover girl, etc. that we haven't seen yet. I mean, after all, that's the point of the 25th line - redo the vintage line. Only Quarrel and Nano-Bat have been announced so far, but I heard Jinx, Big Boa, Cover Girl, etc. will be part of the sub. I expect the sub to have plenty of female characters, since Hasbro believes female action figures don't sell well to boys, but they'll sell to diehard collectors.

Hopefully they announce things soon. I heard a rumor you will not know which combination of two characters you will get a month, and that you have to partake in the entire subscription in order to get the 13th free figure. Considering these will all be carded, and there will be limited carded quantities on the website for club members to buy if they want extras, this will be interesting. Dial-Tone carded is going on ebay right now for $237 and there is still over 24 hours left. I don't expect sub figurese to go for that much unless they are name characters like Jinx, but since there is the possibility of getting an extra figure or two through the website once the sub figures mail out, you might be able to recoup some costs through eBay by selling an extra here and there.

Footloose looks great. And I am very happy with the quality of Dial-tone, which is pretty much the same as if they had sold him at retail. Perfect paint apps, same durable quality. If you're hardcore about 25th ann like me, then it'll be worth it. Look at it this way: $63 divided by 12 months = $5.25 / month. I spend more on lunch. Not bad for getting a free figure at the end of it.

Last edited by pud333; 09-06-2011 at 03:05 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

I love how you broke it down at the end there that its only $5.25/month with a free figure. I always viewed it as $63 for a figure, which has always been a bit too steep for me. But if i break it down to my wife as a magazine subscription, might work better! I really regretted not signing up for dial-tone this year, I love the look of the figure.

Do you know if the extras they are selling on the site will be carded or loose?

How much on average is it to ship a single figure from the Club?

I've seen the same lists I think you have over at Hisstank, and LOVE most of the characters on those lists. I wish they would released pricing and figure details already, the wait is killing me.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah man. That's how I sold it to my gf. Magazine subscription. She has like half a dozen subscriptions. I get one. GI Joe. And she ain't getting no free figure! It's like spending $5 / month for happiness. I know Buddhists will tell you stuff doesn't make you happy, but I disagree. They probably never held Dial Tone.

The shipping from the club is about $25 for a figure. It's because they use the more secured shipping. I ordered 2 of the Cobra Commander w/ Drones, and it came to $26.10 for shipping. To ship one, was $25. So the more you order, the better.

The real benefits to the club is getting stuff like that at a cheaper price. Last year, I was able to get both SDCC Sgt. Slaughters for like $20 each. There's no guarantee they'll sell stuff like that, but when they do, it pays to be a member. A lot of people signed up this year because of last year's SDCC only to be disappointed this year when Zarana wasn't offered at the club. This kind of stuff is just extra, so remember that.

All I heard about extra stock being sold, was that it IF they do, it'll be sold the same way: carded. I know that some people managed to get a carded Dial Tone after those who subscribed got their bagged ones in the mail, and after the convention. So it is possible. Just no guarantees.

The wait is killing me too man. If you regretted not getting Dial Tone, then you'll only kick yourself some more when Footloose is released and you don't have one.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

From the September issue:

We will be showing you all 12 figures (but not the bonus 13th figure) that you will recieve BEFORE the subscription time period ends. However, we will not be disclosing which pair of figures will ship each month (other than the first two which you already know are Quarrel and the NANO B.A.T.) This will be a surprise and, hopefully, people will not post online when they get their figures so it will stay a surprise for all subscribers!

If you want to recieve all of these figures, you will need to sign up online at GIJoeClub.com. Even though the final price is TBD as of this writing, we have decided to process the billings in 3 seperate payments. In addition, we have engineered a new double-carton shipping container to protect these very limited edition figures. There will be a limited number of extras available at a higher price (than the subscription service). These will not go into the club store until the subscription figures have shipped each month. There will not be any additional 13th figures produced for seperate sale. In order to get the bonus 13th figure, you must subscribe to the entire run. More information will be online when the subscription service starts