ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-02-2022, 11:10 PM   #4831
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

We still on this blame TRU bandwagon eh ?

There's zero other factors other than "TRU is greedy..." ?!

I mean if we are going to have this conversation can it not just be a rational one where there are actual facts instead of blaming the boogeyman.

What's next we gonna blame out of control inflation on them too ? Hell blame high food prices gotta be TRU fault...
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:10 AM   #4832
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post

I mean if we are going to have this conversation can it not just be a rational one where there are actual facts instead of blaming the boogeyman.

What's next we gonna blame out of control inflation on them too ? Hell blame high food prices gotta be TRU fault...
Considering that the Armadillo wave came out in November, there's no reason why pricing increase had to be applied retroactively to previous waves. Not to mention, TRU often sold out of this wave in stores.

The thing about other factors is, if it were truly the case, then why aren't we seeing other retailers follow suit on the price increase to the same extent that TRU did? Other retailers mainly only applied the price increase from MSRP (in other words, stuff like 20th anniversary Cap/Iron Man being 44CAD/30USD, Hulk being 65CAD, etc).

Last edited by MorphGrid; 02-03-2022 at 12:55 AM.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:43 AM   #4833
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:

It's not only Marvel stuff with price increases. All the Hasbro figures went up along with things like Pokemon cards (there were other items with price increases at the store I checked, I just don't exactly remember the items). It looks like they're trying to make up some losses. While on the other hand, Amazon and Walmart were clearing out older inventory at heavily discounted prices.

No other stores have followed this yet and I hope they don't anytime soon.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:01 AM   #4834
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Considering that the Armadillo wave came out in November, there's no reason why pricing increase had to be applied retroactively to previous waves. Not to mention, TRU often sold out of this wave in stores.

The thing about other factors is, if it were truly the case, then why aren't we seeing other retailers follow suit on the price increase to the same extent that TRU did? Other retailers mainly only applied the price increase from MSRP (in other words, stuff like Cap/Iron Man being 44CAD/30USD, Hulk being 65CAD, etc).
I believe that still has something to do with their SKU system. It is probably easier to also just raise prices across the board or in some cases as costs have been rising since November and we've known about these delays in the shipping system...point is i am sure there are many factors at play. Not to mention buying power TRU would have compared to say Walmart or Amazon. But increases are coming, they can't keep their prices artificially low forever.

As for not seeing other retailers using Amazon and Walmart as examples well simply put they are better suited to absorb such increases in the immediate future, i can only imagine what their revenue reports would look like compared to a much smaller TRU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
It's not only Marvel stuff with price increases. All the Hasbro figures went up along with things like Pokemon cards (there were other items with price increases at the store I checked, I just don't exactly remember the items). It looks like they're trying to make up some losses. While on the other hand, Amazon and Walmart were clearing out older inventory at heavily discounted prices.

No other stores have followed this yet and I hope they don't anytime soon.
Maybe they are trying to make up losses but the current world climate of production, massive inflation and the chaos of shipping are throwing everything out of whack.

Other stores will be following suit soon. You cant compare Amazon or Walmart supply chains and the sheer volume of their companies to TRU. That's like comparing prices at a small hardware store to Home Depot or Lowes.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:49 AM   #4835
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
I believe that still has something to do with their SKU system. It is probably easier to also just raise prices across the board or in some cases as costs have been rising since November and we've known about these delays in the shipping system...point is i am sure there are many factors at play. Not to mention buying power TRU would have compared to say Walmart or Amazon. But increases are coming, they can't keep their prices artificially low forever.

As for not seeing other retailers using Amazon and Walmart as examples well simply put they are better suited to absorb such increases in the immediate future, i can only imagine what their revenue reports would look like compared to a much smaller TRU.

Maybe they are trying to make up losses but the current world climate of production, massive inflation and the chaos of shipping are throwing everything out of whack.

Other stores will be following suit soon. You cant compare Amazon or Walmart supply chains and the sheer volume of their companies to TRU. That's like comparing prices at a small hardware store to Home Depot or Lowes.
Regardless of their reason for the increases, if they price their customers out, their customers will just go elsewhere. I'm happy that TRU didn't close down, but I wouldn't support them if they become unreasonable with their prices.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 AM   #4836
4lott
Master of the Universe

Buddy of mine who works for TRU said that their cost per case is now around $300.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:19 AM   #4837
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I was at a TRU here in New Brunswick yesterday and I had to take some pics because I couldn't get over the price ($42.99) and also the quantity of certain figures. Who decided to stock that many Jyn Erso and Roadblock figures? Are they being sent solid cases? Why don't they ever seem to get more desirable waves in this quantity?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220202_143516.jpg (99.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20220202_143647.jpg (90.3 KB, 16 views)
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #4838
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Regardless of their reason for the increases, if they price their customers out, their customers will just go elsewhere. I'm happy that TRU didn't close down, but I wouldn't support them if they become unreasonable with their prices.
So your saying in order to keep you as a customer they should take a loss on toys so you are happy ?

Your dismissing the reality of the world right now because of what ?! Cause they had no other choice but to raise prices ?

You think they want to price themselves out ?? How is there any logic to that ? They want to be competitive they are just the first to increase their prices because they can't absorb it.

Seems pretty shortsighted if you ask me.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #4839
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
So your saying in order to keep you as a customer they should take a loss on toys so you are happy ?

Your dismissing the reality of the world right now because of what ?! Cause they had no other choice but to raise prices ?

You think they want to price themselves out ?? How is there any logic to that ? They want to be competitive they are just the first to increase their prices because they can't absorb it.

Seems pretty shortsighted if you ask me.
He's...not saying any of that. It's simple business - if customers can find the same product cheaper elsewhere, they won't shop at TRU anymore. If everyone matches TRU's price, then there isn't any reason to go elsewhere.

It's not like the pandemic has exclusively affected businesses. Customers are also hurting and, more than ever, are trying to get by with finding discounts whenever possible.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:02 PM   #4840
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
He's...not saying any of that. It's simple business - if customers can find the same product cheaper elsewhere, they won't shop at TRU anymore. If everyone matches TRU's price, then there isn't any reason to go elsewhere.

It's not like the pandemic has exclusively affected businesses. Customers are also hurting and, more than ever, are trying to get by with finding discounts whenever possible.
Then let's speak in generalities and stop focusing on the boogeyman that is TRU here.

I am not saying people should keep shopping or stop shopping at TRU. I stating that we should stop making them the scapegoat for this increase like it's their fault. They simply raised prices first, that's it.

I agree with your post 100% by all means shop elsewhere if the prices are too much. I couldn't agree more with how the pandemic has hurt people, I know I've been very fortunate during the last 2 years. But stop blaming TRU and come here with the realization that there are ALOT of factors at play right now in the world that are causing this. I just see posts about "Greedy TRU"...if the discussion was more about the problem surrounding that price increase I think the value and understanding of that conversation would go much further.

Bottom line...people need to stop blaming TRU for being the first to say hey we need to raise prices...we don't blame someone selling a semi-detached house for $1.6 Million, we know it's the market and we know this is the way and we try to fix the system that allowed that to happen.

You are preaching to the choir here. Believe me when I say I RFD (RedFlagDeals) hustle hard and proud of it.