ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #11
Wintermute
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series Clearance @ Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
That is odd, I would just price match their website in store and/or price match at Toys R Us.
Sadly, I've been told by Walmart employees that they can't price match sales on their website.

I tried picking up a Jango Fett (listed at regular price in store) and price-matching it for $15.00 back when there was a sale on walmart.ca for Black Series figures.

I asked an employee if they could price match, given the online sale, and they said they don't price match online sales. Brutal.

Maybe it was only that one employee not knowing what she was talking about, or was that particular store's policy, but it was bogus either way.

Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #12
Curty1980
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Sadly, I've been told by Walmart employees that they can't price match sales on their website.

I tried picking up a Jango Fett (listed at regular price in store) and price-matching it for $15.00 back when there was a sale on walmart.ca for Black Series figures.

I asked an employee if they could price match, given the online sale, and they said they don't price match online sales. Brutal.

Maybe it was only that one employee not knowing what she was talking about, or was that particular store's policy, but it was bogus either way.

Last week I was told it was not possible by a cashier and then the Manager price matched the website for me.
Curty1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #13
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:

That is total lack of knowledge, I had the same issue come up and like Curty said above, I asked to speak with a manager and they absolutely do price match their own website.

This misunderstanding seems to be rampant, as they cannot price match a competitor's website, only their flyer, and I think that is why so many employees say this, because it is a website so they default to think they cannot match it. But they surely can match Wal-Mart's own website.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #14
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
That is total lack of knowledge, I had the same issue come up and like Curty said above, I asked to speak with a manager and they absolutely do price match their own website.

This misunderstanding seems to be rampant, as they cannot price match a competitor's website, only their flyer, and I think that is why so many employees say this, because it is a website so they default to think they cannot match it. But they surely can match Wal-Mart's own website.
Ahhh, I see! Very good to know for next time, then. Thanks!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Ahhh, I see! Very good to know for next time, then. Thanks!
Good luck!
Old 05-11-2018, 01:58 AM   #16
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

My clearance haul. 6 figures and 1 Centrepiece for $50 is not bad at all!

Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #17
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

My local WM has been pretty dry. I won't be surprised if I see the figures popping up at the flea markets for $12.

Just putting this out there but when Wal-Mart is dropping the price to $5 and in some cases state side for $0.03 (seriously three cents!? i know walmart's profit margins are large but there is no way they are purchasing these for less than $0.03 so they have to be losing money...might as well throw them in a bin outside with a big "free toys!" Sign) is this a sign that Hasbro is struggling with the 6" black series?

Personally I feel like the line was far more successful when they weren't focusing nearly every new wave around the latest movie being released and since moving to the new black and red packaging we have been seeing far more figures warming pegs than in the past (obviously some exceptions apply) and more figures getting carried over from one wave to the next and often that figure was never hard to obtain in the first place.

I don't want to say the line is dying but I know for a fact that my interest in it has pretty much died since TFA figures were released..and up until that point I was army building troopers and everything else was on a "one to rock and one to stock" basis. What do you guys think?

Last edited by turtle power eh; 05-11-2018 at 10:11 AM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #18
DubbaDee
Super Friend

Been to 3 stores and haven't seen a single TBS6 figure. Judging from the first 2 posts it may not be a store issue...
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #19
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbaDee View Post
Been to 3 stores and haven't seen a single TBS6 figure. Judging from the first 2 posts it may not be a store issue...
The clearance started a week or more ago now.

There won't be much left now.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #20
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
The clearance started a week or more ago now.

There won't be much left now.
Yeah.

If you didn't strike during the first day, you were left with pretty much just the dregs.

I saw a couple of Kylo Ren at Walmart yesterday, and that was it.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, clearance, star wars