ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
Star Wars Vintage Collection Landspeeder & Tauntaun Released in Canada

Thanks to AFN member meh494234 we now know that the Star Wars Vintage Collection Target Exclusive Landspeeder & Tauntaun have been released at Canadian Retail.

The sighting was made at a Zellers in British Columbia.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Images

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
freakx2001
Super Friend
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions
Re: Star Wars Vintage Collection Landspeeder & Tauntaun Released in Canada

Any reason why we never get pricing included with these posts? Like to know how much the TaunTaun is...
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

It depends if we know it. In this case the Tauntaun was reported as $24.99 and the Landspeeder price wasn't posted.

I'll try to include them in the future where I can.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Napseeker
Dark Knight

$25 for a tauntaun is a massive rip off price. WTH? The only good thing about this is that it'll keep the parents from buying these up until there's a big sale to get rid of them.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
$25 for a tauntaun is a massive rip off price. WTH? The only good thing about this is that it'll keep the parents from buying these up until there's a big sale to get rid of them.
How is that price a rip-off??? I mean seriously, it's the same price as the Clone Wars vehicle with figure sets, actually I think it's a bit cheaper than them as they retail at 29.99$ don't they? Take out 4$ for the figure and you've got the price of the vehicle.

Unless these things are retailing at Target in the states for 10$ than yeah, that price would be a rip-off, but I highly doubt that's the case.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
meh494234
Red Shirt

With the Search of Luke Skywalker Battllepack (Tauntaun, Hoth Han, Hoth Trooper) coming out soon at the same price point as this, as seen as in Target in the US, the price at $24.99 (27.99 after HST tax in BC) is way too high.

But I caved and I got it. I've been waiting all summer for the release.

I won't be surprised if these will be peg warmers on the top shelve for while once the battle pack comes in stock. Well, at least at Zellers in Coquitlam Centre when I got the Tauntaun. They still have half a dozen Wedge Red 5 x-wings on the shelves, which I ended up getting at $34 on sale in Aug and a Legacy Collection Tie Fighter/w Pilot marked down to $25!
meh494234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
fishtifer
Cobra Trooper

Try spending $40 on the Landspeeder at a local toy shop and wondering if you should get the Tauntaun for the same price too because you think since they were $25 in the US, they'll probably be $30-35 at Zellers in a month. Then you find out the next week they are starting to show up at Zellers for $25!

$25 for Tauntaun is not so bad, and it's about time they released it (would have been nice last year!). I'm more upset there's no Luke for the Tauntaun for another couple of months!
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
Napseeker
Dark Knight

$17 for a tauntaun is acceptable... $25 is definitely a ripoff given there's no figure included. If people have quickly gotten used to SW prices going into the stratosphere and have raised their level of tolerance for high pricing then good on them, but citing the CW deluxe sets as an example is not proof at all (as they are most definitely overpriced themselves).

The Yavin cart and rebel tech is selling for $17 right now which I think is comparable to a standalone tauntaun. Heck, wait until midnight madness tomorrow and you can buy the Yavin cart set for $13 at TRU. The stores have room to offer fairer pricing on the tauntaun, it's just a case of knowing they can gouge buyers for more and folks actually just shrugging their shoulders and biting the bullet.

When the Wedge X-Wing came out, we also saw Zellers trying to gouge buyers and as the post above cited, that exclusive sat around for AGES and have just finally sold off at a fairer "clearance" price. I'm saying that unless you live in an area of Canada where your Zellers REALLY stinks at SW stock, be patient and wait. They do measure this stuff and how well it sells along a price curve, if they see an exclusive item selling out at the upper range of the suggested retail price, you just encourage them to gouge some more and have fewer sales.

Now that this mold exists, you can bet it'll see use again when TESB 3d comes out... there'll be plenty of chances to buy it a second time.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
Robimus
Super Moderator

Meh, if you really want something $25 is nothing. Zellers has been coming in high on their exclusive prices over the past couple years - I seem to recall some G.I.Joe figure & Vehicle packs that were $12.99 in the USA and $24.99 here.

The retail landscape in Canada is of course changing but I'd rather Zellers get the stuff, even if its overpriced, than not see it on the pegs at all.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
cobralegion
Decepticon

Nice! Gonna have to pick those up when they arrive here.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landspeeder, star wars, tauntaun