ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-17-2022, 05:59 PM   #2281
random11
Convention Exclusive
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

red ranger sword https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...er-power-sword

and drakkon helmet https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...stop-exclusive

are up at gamestop
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 06:06 PM   #2282
Ksteel
Mutant

$200+... for the Drakkon Helmet

How does $133 USD come to $200 Canadian?

The Gamestop Tax?
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:12 PM   #2283
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

$320 for that Power sword... How do you get $320 from $220? Even after exchange rate it should only be around $280 and that's before tax. You're paying like $350+ after all is said and done. Even the Bandai props weren't this much and they were of better build quality

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-17-2022 at 07:14 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:22 PM   #2284
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
$200+... for the Drakkon Helmet

How does $133 USD come to $200 Canadian?

The Gamestop Tax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
$320 for that Power sword... How do you get $320 from $220? Even after exchange rate it should only be around $280 and that's before tax. You're paying like $350+ after all is said and done. Even the Bandai props weren't this much and they were of better build quality
Yeah, agreed, these prices are fricken nuts. I bought the Bandai Legacy saba for $120 at GameStop two years ago and that has tons of paint apps, tons of high quality materials on it, lights and sounds, plus the Saba heads mouth moves on its own when speaking. There's nothing on this Power Sword that justifies that price. It just looks like plastic. This shouldn't even cost $200 CAD ($150 would have been fair). Hasbro's dragon dagger was only like $80. Wtf are they thinking?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #2285
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, agreed, these prices are fricken nuts. I bought the Bandai Legacy saba for $120 at GameStop two years ago and that has tons of paint apps, tons of high quality materials on it, lights and sounds, plus the Saba heads mouth moves on its own when speaking. There's nothing on this Power Sword that justifies that price. It just looks like plastic. This shouldn't even cost $200 CAD ($150 would have been fair). Hasbro's dragon dagger was only like $80. Wtf are they thinking?

Just more price increases. The same thing has happened to both the ML and BS role play, and helmets. They all average over $175 now, and some are creeping up to $200.

Don't even get me started on the BS Lightsabers. Those things are now asking minimum $350, but the newer release (like the darksaber) are over $400 easy.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #2286
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Just more price increases. The same thing has happened to both the ML and BS role play, and helmets. They all average over $175 now, and some are creeping up to $200.

Don't even get me started on the BS Lightsabers. Those things are now asking minimum $350, but the newer release (like the darksaber) are over $400 easy.
Weird thing though, it seems to be Hasbro only with these increases, most other toy companies haven't been increasing their prices. They're going to make themselves go extinct at this rate. They've already chased a lot of parents away with these prices. If collector's start slowing down due to all of these price increases, Hasbro has lost all of their customers .
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:52 AM   #2287
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
There is some diecast in it but still.. Not worth $320. I have no clue what Hasbro is doing. I don't want to bring up this whole price increase again cause I'm sure we're all tired of hearing about it but I'd really love to know why we're paying so much more for Hasbro products. You don't see these kinds of mark ups for other companies. Everyone says inflation this covid that but how can one company consistently keep their prices the same and another can't? It doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-18-2022 at 12:54 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:07 AM   #2288
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

$220 USD was already a joke considering what you got for what's mainly a hunk of plastic, but $320 CAD is even more banterous.

I'd be amazed if it's selling, this seems like it's gonna shelfwarm forever.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #2289
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Those prices are genuinely infuriating. This cant just be inflation. 320 for a plastic sword with a little bit of electronics? No way it costs anywhere near that to make and ship to us.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:54 AM   #2290
F0RMULA
Red Shirt

Just got my Wild Force Lunar ranger from Gamestop......Got the white boot and 5 stripe version. So a heads up for anyone who is ordering online and cares about them.
F0RMULA is offline   Reply With Quote