ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure Customs and Artwork

Old 09-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Nicholosity
Red Shirt
Smile *Update May 20 2013* Star wars: "it's a trap" scene diorama project;

I have seen so many dioramas of star wars out there and it has gotten me pumped up to create my own. So the scene I chose is when Admiral Ackbar is saying his infamous line "it's a trap". I have some sketches planned out which I will upload later tonight; right now I need some help finding screen shots of the inside of the control room for the Mon Calamari ship, so if anyone could provide shots of the ship that would be awsome. The only major problem I am having is that I need a lighting system for the emergency lights in the front of the diorama there are two sets of lights containing four lightbulbs each. They are coloured red and flashing; I need some pointers on how to make this system and give the system an on/off switch as well as proper wiring to make sure the lights don't set a fire. (pretty sure that didn't happen in the movie) Also some help on the sound system, I need to record the sounds from the scene which is about a 8-14 second long. Not sure how to do this and I am thinking of adding a manual lever to help make the chair swivel and possibly make it electronically controlled. This is a huge project and I am thinking of making doubles or even triples of this scene because if anyone on here is interested in purchasing an "it's a trap diorama with working lights, working sound effects and swivel chair that may or not be electronically controlled" please message me if you are interested. Any help would be appreciated and does anybody know where I can get custom glass or clear plastic case to go around the diorama to keep dust out?
Also here are the photos I have found so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 141479-6554-admiral-ackbar_super.jpg (24.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ackbar.jpg (62.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ackbarSitting.jpg (38.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg AdmiralAck.jpg (28.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg the-top-25-star-wars-heroes-day-1-20080811090222997-000.jpg (57.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Nicholosity; 05-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Nicholosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Star wars: "it's a trap" scene diorama project; need help with lighting and sound

Sounds like an awesome idea!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Star wars: "it's a trap" scene diorama project; need help with lighting and sound

looks like its going to be a fun project.

Are you comfortable soldering wires and LED together? You can go on youtube for tutorials to do it.

As for the lights themselves, depending on what Voltage you are using, and what materials the diorama are using, you will have to plan accordingly.

Since you will have multiple LEDs, you will need to wire them in a parallel circuit.

here's a calculator on what you will need to achieve that

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz/

and if you don't know the difference between parallel or series, just check out you tube.

As for supplies, I generally buy my electronic stuff on ebay. Its the cheapest, but you will have to wait due to shipping (most of the stuff is from Asia). You could also go to places like the source or radio shack to get those supplies, and possible advice.

here's a WIP in what I'm working on for my own diorama (sorry to hi jack your thread)

Just need to paint it up, and add the window details

Lights on

Lights off

Switch

if you have any other questions, you can always PM me
Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Nicholosity
Red Shirt
Update

Update! I finally got around to posting some images of the diorama and the photos that helped me make it film accurate. I looked for about a month to get every possible image of Home one I could find. So if anyone wants to build an ackbar diorama this is the album you must see. http://imgur.com/a/N4dqH#0
Nicholosity is offline   Reply With Quote