ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-01-2024, 10:00 PM   #1
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Are you or were you "all in"

Whether you buy a single line or mutiple line of toys, I am wondering how many are you are "all in" with what you buy?

Were you all in once but changed?, other way around? What made you change? Thinking about changing?

Tell me about your nasty buying habits.

Last edited by usernameprime; 04-01-2024 at 10:07 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 10:54 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Are you or were you "all in"

I've never really been all in on anything. It's almost always about Nostalgia, characters I like.

It's never a gotta catch em all vibe for me.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:12 PM   #3
Ksteel
Mutant

Lightning Collection was my first and only 'All In' during the pandemic.

I got most of the good ones. I'm low-key glad the line got cancelled because I definitely would find it a chore to track down all the future releases. It wasn't easy.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:15 PM   #4
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Transformers has really gone on the back burner for me the last few years.

However while I didn't think I was going to be...i'm all in on the Studio Series 86 line.

Every single release for that series has been a home run for me. Certainly making it easier for me to build up my purge I wanna do this year for those toys that were on the bubble but then the 86 releases made them obsolete.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:15 AM   #5
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

I haven't been All-In on anything in quite a while. Not since 2000'ish. The catalyst there was realizing that I was blowing too much on things just for the sake of having them, and not necessarily because they excited me. Also seeing the way we're continually strung along as consumers,...that helped too. And yes, prices.
But, yeah, I cherry pick like a Mofo now; mainly due to prices and quality. Star Wars is literally dying away in my mind, and it used to reign supreme in my collecting. Hasbro's just cutting too many corners with SW, and even the gems they produce here and there still aren't worth the money they're charging imo, especially with the way they're shrinking the size of TVC, and reducing articulation on TBS.

Tfs are the closest I am to All-In. I am a G1 Hyper-Partisan, and lately nearly all their releases have been great, especially with Studio Series 86.

Marvel is just too hit and miss for me lately, so they get cherry-picked the most, and there especially I'm only into 60s,70s and 80s version characters.

G.I. Joe Classified right now reigns supreme for me. As a good friend of mine recently put it, that line let's me 'play' more than any other. Super fun to customize and express one's own ideas, and more bang for the buck than anything else. But...I cherry pick there too; Joes still are more about Nostalgia to me, so that's really just the stuff based on characters from the early to mid late 80s.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:22 AM   #6
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Transformers has really gone on the back burner for me the last few years.
I relate. I feel like I am an 86 Swoop away from retiring TF for good. I'm even looking at putting away half my TF collection just so I can display other collections from storage.

I wanted to be all in for gi joe classified but I couldn't justify the space or price for large vehicles/repaints. I bought the VAMP only to sell it off without Clutch.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:23 AM   #7
Robbler
Super Friend

The closest I've come to all in on a line was with the Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Remake figures. Definitely going all in on the Bring Arts OG FF7 set though.
Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:35 AM   #8
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

I've never been all in on anything before, though I'm heavy into certain lines like Black Series which led to some questionable purchases for items I didn't have much interest in but since I was collecting I bought anyways. Now I just get what I like for the most part. I may be all in on SHF Chainsaw Man but only because there is not much released yet. I have the first four releases and the fifth on preorder. Time will tell.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:05 PM   #9
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
I relate. I feel like I am an 86 Swoop away from retiring TF for good. I'm even looking at putting away half my TF collection just so I can display other collections from storage.

I wanted to be all in for gi joe classified but I couldn't justify the space or price for large vehicles/repaints. I bought the VAMP only to sell it off without Clutch.
Ya once swoop comes out that will be awesome. I'm still getting TF Masterpiece figures when the price is right and I forgot that I'm still a sucker for anything Beast Wars with the newer releases...but only those I didn't get from back in the day.

I'm like 75% all in on GI Joe. I do pass on figures here and there, but alot of Cobra stuff I just can't resist.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote