ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: MOC collecting vs. Opening your figures

I was wondering if anyone has ever regretted taking something out of the package? Maybe because after taking the toy out you realize that it sucks, but actually looked fun and cool in the packaging? or maybe because you ended up selling the figure and only got a fraction of its worth becasue it was loose?
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
racerguy76
Agent of Shield

Titanium Megatron Looked awesome, got him on sale. The moment I took off the twist ties and held him, I thought " I should have left him in the box". Knee's didn't bend, He wouldn't stand up or even stay together. Total garbage figure. Sold him for 1/3 what I paid. Didn't even care.
________
Prilosec lawsuit

Last edited by racerguy76; 05-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
Supertofu
Deep Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
I was wondering if anyone has ever regretted taking something out of the package? Maybe because after taking the toy out you realize that it sucks, but actually looked fun and cool in the packaging? or maybe because you ended up selling the figure and only got a fraction of its worth becasue it was loose?
Everytime I open a figure and the joints are loose I regret opening it. Seems to happen to me constantly.
Supertofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Yeah, my POTF2 (green card) Bossk and Death Star Escape Han Solo, because they would've looked great amongst my carded Star Wars collection . Curse you, Kenner for making these kick-ass toys and allowing me to find them at the price I did.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #25
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah. Terminator "John Conner." What a piece of shit that was. I should have marched back to the store and returned him. The only reason I got him was a moment of weakness. There was a drought on toys at that time, so I caved and got him despite my better judgement. If I was still a kid, he'd be one of those toys I tied some firecrackers to and blew up.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
Electro16
Super Friend

95% of my collection is moc, the few loose that I do have I found loose.
Electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #27
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro16 View Post
95% of my collection is moc, the few loose that I do have I found loose.
Questions: Do you have multiples of the same MOC figures? Do you plan on selling them later, or keeping them "forever"? Just curious.

My collection is the opposite. The only figures I have MOC are my 25th anniversary Joe collection, Couple TF revoltechs, couple Super Powers figures, and some DCIH. I guess it's more like 85% loose, 15% MOC.

Personally, I plan on keeping my collection until I'm not allowed to keep them
Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #28
Quantum
Agent of Shield

I open open open. I think I'm at 100% open.

The only thing I can think of that's still MOC is a clearanced The Spirit figure for another attempt at the Black Mask custom.

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #29
Evan
Jedi Knight

Most of my 25th anniversary GIJoes are MOC. I think it's the nostalgia of the packaging. I'm not sure. Also I didn't really have anywhere to stand them all up. Now a couple sit out, and the rest are in a box. I should probably just open them all.

Other than that, most everything is open. Sometimes I buy two of something to keep one MOC, but not very often.

Quote:
Yes to almost all of the above.
Often the toy looked cooler in the box, especially if the package is a background scene of some kind.
And yes, after opening, it was only worth a fraction of the price, but I still probably wouldn't have sold it because it was worth something. haha. Kind of a catch 22 I suppose.

Last edited by Evan; 06-07-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #30
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Most of my 25th anniversary GIJoes are MOC. I think it's the nostalgia of the packaging. I'm not sure. Also I didn't really have anywhere to stand them all up. Now a couple sit out, and the rest are in a box. I should probably just open them all.
I love the 25th ann packaging. Definitely, for me, it's nostalgia. I caution against opening all of them, cause I found that after I opened some, I realize they looked much better in packaging and the quality just wasn't there in the figure itself.