ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #21
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!
Re: What do you collect?

Clone wars is the main line!
MOTU
Thundercats as of Sept!!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
cobralegion
Decepticon

GI Joe
Star Wars
Star Trek
Ultimate Soldier
Power Team
Soldier Force
Corps
Rambo
Spawn
and just about anything I find from the 80s.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #23
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
With so many Action Figure lines out there, what do you guys primarily collect?

My toy collection consists of:

-Marvel Legends
-DC Universe
-Hot Toys (Marvel or DC Related)
-Marvel Universe/other Marvel 3 3/4" figures
-Marvel Superhero Squad
-Marvel Mighty Muggs
-some GI Joes that I can blend in with MU
-Transformers Animated
-Transformers CHUG
-Transformers Movie Figures

Other non-toy collection
-Comic Books
-Movies
-Watches
I'm going to have to add movie posters to the list. All CBM so far.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
Snoudzy
Super Friend

Here's what's in my collection:

Star Wars - 3.34" Clones and other selected figures. (Active)
Star Wars Lego (Active)
Star Wars Crossovers (Active)
Selected Transformers (Active)
Galactic Heroes
Robot Heroes
Iron Man 3.34" and 6" lines
Playmates Star Trek
Selected Art Asylum/Diamond Select Star Trek
Mega Blocs Halo Metalon's
Macfarlane Halo Reach Figures (Active)

Star Wars Books
Dragonrider of Pern Books
Dune Books
Various Selected Star Trek and Halo Books

Wow, when you see it in a list it's a bit.
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
Morg
Clonetrooper
Morg's Ebay Auctions
Talking Re: What do you collect?

I continue to collect:

- Star Wars (has there ever been a more exciting time to be a collector of these lines? Vintage and modern, I love it all but I'm not crazy about the POTF sculpts from the 90s).

- Marvel Universe (As someone with very little room to collect/display/store, getting out of Legends, Select and old Toybiz and into the new MU was a no brainer. Don't love all of the detailing and articulation (or lack thereof), but still a great variety of characters.) Thanks to the Cap stuff I finally have the USAgent figure I craved since I was 10 - weird right?

- DC Universe: Infinite Heroes (love that the scale is more or less compatible with my MU stuff and hate that I took for granted their initial presence at Winners etc., because I'm not having real trouble finding them).

- Thundercats (went absolutely crazy over the past week driving all over town tracking down the initial modern and classic offerings... despite their retarded prices I have no regrets. They will remain my single collection outside the 3.75 scale, they're awesome.

I'm sellling all my old Joes and MOTU... I'd love to get into the MOTU Classics, but I'm intimidated by their price and online exclusivity.
Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

My toy collection mostly consists of:

- Marvel Select
- DC Universe
- Marvel Universe and other 3.75
- Video game figures ( i.e Mortal Combat, Dead Space )
- Transformers are mostly in box
- 3 FX light sabers
- 6inch Marvel figures like Iron man
- I have some Marvel Legends but waiting for reboot

Collections that got cut
- Star wars. ( just so many figures )
- Marvel Legends ( I came to late in the game )
- Transformers. ( To many figures and just lost my love for it )
- Comics ( They just stack up with boxes and boxes! )

Other non-toy collection
-Games ps3 trophies!

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
pud333
Master of the Universe

I have decided to stop collecting Marvel Universe, DCUC and Transformers for the most part. Don't know what I'm going to do with these toys beyond sticking them in storage for now. I'll probably end up selling or giving them away. It's a tough decision, but one I feel good about making. I'm busy painting my condo at the moment and doing some minor renos and moving stuff around, so in the coming weeks, I should have some stuff posted in my sales thread.

I've decided to concentrate mostly on imports.

Macross (I will be using most of my $$$ to this line.)
Figma
Revoltech

GI Joe will be the only N. American line that I will collect. I'm just tired of the shitty quality (durability, paint apps, etc) for the most part of toys made by Hasbro and Mattel, though Mattel seems to be better on that aspect.

Last edited by pud333; 09-28-2011 at 04:45 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #28
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

Can't believe I never answered this.

I collect Star Wars. Sure I have other things around the house, but I wouldn't call them collections.

I began with an obsession for getting all the droids. I was pretty turned off the figures around the PotF line when they all got the "He-Man" treatment, but at least the droids still looked like what I remembered and I had a warm place in my heart for them.

That very quickly turned into an obsession for getting all the vehicles.

That in turn quickly turned into an obsessive hunt for variants of the vehicles. This was my major downfall price-wise because it led me into expanded universe territory which I'd previously snobbishly turned my nose up in terms of collecting.

Then the figures stopped sucking around the release of the prequels and I began obsessively hunting out figures I liked in addition to the droids... which largely was Clones and Stormtrooper variants at first, then Jedi and Sith... and from there variants of figures needed to complete "scenes".

Now I will pick up almost anything in a figure that I don't have so long as I like it, including hunting down bizarre EU figures and vehicles.

I believe I now own every vehicle variant outside of the Vintage line, and I'm only missing the so-called "Body Rigs" which are the rarest of them all. I've got all the Mini-Rigs and even all the Droids vehicles that saw production. (No White Witch prototype for me, sadly).

I'm pretty complete on all the figures released from the prequels on, and have substantial inroads into the PotF and Vintage eras.

Yes, my wife hates me. A bunch of collectors will hate me too as I'm not a "keep it in the box" guy. I'm not collecting for value, I'm collecting for fun. I've probably "wasted" hundreds of dollars by opening up rare finds to display them.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #29
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I have decided to stop collecting Marvel Universe, DCUC and Transformers for the most part. Don't know what I'm going to do with these toys beyond sticking them in storage for now. I'll probably end up selling or giving them away. It's a tough decision, but one I feel good about making. I'm busy painting my condo at the moment and doing some minor renos and moving stuff around, so in the coming weeks, I should have some stuff posted in my sales thread.

I've decided to concentrate mostly on imports.

Macross (I will be using most of my $$$ to this line.)
Figma
Revoltech

GI Joe will be the only N. American line that I will collect. I'm just tired of the shitty quality (durability, paint apps, etc) for the most part of toys made by Hasbro and Mattel, though Mattel seems to be better on that aspect.
See, right now I'm kinda in the same boat. Like I still collect these lines, but the drive for collecting them has kinda slowed down. So I won't buy anything new right away.

I'm really excited about Hot Toys and the amazing quality on them, plus my gf thinks this is a more mature line that I should get into. Can't argue with that.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #30
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
See, right now I'm kinda in the same boat. Like I still collect these lines, but the drive for collecting them has kinda slowed down. So I won't buy anything new right away.

I'm really excited about Hot Toys and the amazing quality on them, plus my gf thinks this is a more mature line that I should get into. Can't argue with that.
Check your pms, CTO. Thought I'd return the favor you did me recently.

These days, more and more, it's about quality. I don't mind paying more for better quality. Right now, nothing I am interested in really compares to the imports I'm getting.