ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Jesim
Super Friend
Vendors and KO products at Toy shows

Has anyone ever encountered one?
For me it's alright as long as they let the customers know, but I encountered someone selling KO SH Figuarts at the expo last weekend and he downright denied it.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Vendors and KO products at Toy shows

My friends that deal in Anime figures encounter this all the time. Pretty much every Con has a policy in place not allowing this, but at the same time lets it slide.

I'm not sure where I fall in my opinion. Vendors selling KO's make it more difficult for legit vendors, who went out of pocket to bring in the actual product as opposed to a fake, to make a go of it.

If it continues eventually these legit vendors might pack it in and I wouldn't want to see that happen.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Evan
Jedi Knight

Robimus has a good point. And I'm sure there are times when dealers mistake a KO for the real deal themselves which also costs them money.

On a personal level, it doesn't bother me as long as they clearly state that it's a KO. However, I do think that there are more cons than pros to buying a KO.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
Wing Leader
Cobra Trooper

To be honest, this is the first I've heard of this happening locally, and I agree with Robimus that it could be a serious problem eventually. As a vendor, I just think it's important to stick to legitimate sources, like reputable distributors. Then you don't have much risk of getting KO's by accident. Unfortunately though, some vendors just come across good deals, and take advantage of it, not knowing what they're getting. It's possible that was the case here, unless the guy had a large quantity of them.Then he obviously ordered in bulk