ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-11-2022, 01:35 PM   #5121
Enforcer
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I wonder how they choose which orders they fulfill. There has to be some kind of method to their madness unless it's truly just random.
I feel like it's totally random which is pretty bullshitty. I can't trust either with pre-orders for items I know will be in high demand - and that being the case what is the point of pre-ordering at all? The hobby is getting frustrating this year for me, between this and ShopDisney.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:10 PM   #5122
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I feel like it's totally random which is pretty bullshitty. I can't trust either with pre-orders for items I know will be in high demand - and that being the case what is the point of pre-ordering at all? The hobby is getting frustrating this year for me, between this and ShopDisney.
Yea, preordering seems to be a waste of time these days. I don't really understand why either and why it's only really Hasbro having these kinds of issues in their distribution chains. Most other toy companies can fulfil their retailers preorders
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #5123
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

Not to justify or back Hasbro because I completely agree they need to sort their logistics and whatever in the backend. Not sure if they are looking to migrate some of the manufacturing to other Asian countries because these lockdowns in China is definitely not helping. We are literally pre-ordering things with a release date of 2023!? How do you put an item for ordering and cant produce more!? WTF.
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 PM   #5124
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
Not to justify or back Hasbro because I completely agree they need to sort their logistics and whatever in the backend. Not sure if they are looking to migrate some of the manufacturing to other Asian countries because these lockdowns in China is definitely not helping. We are literally pre-ordering things with a release date of 2023!? How do you put an item for ordering and cant produce more!? WTF.
And yet buddy from the legends team is telling us to save up for all the figures that are releasing and also the out of nowhere Thor love and thunder wave is out at retail in the US.

I don?t know what to believe. I almost feel like they know covid got a collecting bug with some folks and they can milk it hard and generate a lot of hype and news.

It?s better to sell out and still have demand at full price than liquidating the undesirables. But with the retro Spider-Man wave 2, all the figures a pretty good. If they had waves like this all the time (supervillains and AOA if you like that) there wouldn?t be eternals still sitting on the pegs at stores everywhere. Talk about over produced and under performing.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:58 PM   #5125
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
And yet buddy from the legends team is telling us to save up for all the figures that are releasing and also the out of nowhere Thor love and thunder wave is out at retail in the US.

I don?t know what to believe. I almost feel like they know covid got a collecting bug with some folks and they can milk it hard and generate a lot of hype and news.

It?s better to sell out and still have demand at full price than liquidating the undesirables. But with the retro Spider-Man wave 2, all the figures a pretty good. If they had waves like this all the time (supervillains and AOA if you like that) there wouldn?t be eternals still sitting on the pegs at stores everywhere. Talk about over produced and under performing.
Regarding your second paragraph. Hasbro and other companies trying to milk it is going to eventually make the collector bubble pop. It's only a matter of time. I'm actually hoping it happens so there can be a soft reset of sorts. It really needs it. It's too over saturated. I think it would fix most of the issues that have been plaguing the Hobby the past 5-6 years Like supply and distribution issues, scalper issues and the inflates aftermarket prices of figures that only came out within the past 2 years.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-11-2022 at 11:03 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #5126
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
And for anyone who hasn't seen the pic of the wave, this was the pic posted on Reddit. Not sure, but it looks like a new movie Korg may be the build-a-figure?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ta4b9rdjyks81.jpg (99.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Eko123; 04-12-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:38 PM   #5127
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
There are some Canadian sites like Outrun Collectibles and TF Toys that have him for preorder at retail price. Just hoping they actually get their stock in.

Bigbadtoystore.com has him for preorder with a release date of this month.

Just throw in a preorder and see what happens. If it doesn't come in stock, most of these stores will refund you (just don't choose NMC, lol).
Has TFToys ever taken too many pre-orders on something before?
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:22 PM   #5128
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
And for anyone who hasn't seen the pic of the wave, this was the pic posted on Reddit. Not sure, but it looks like a new movie Korg may be the build-a-figure?
Yes, Korg in Viking gear.

Some hi-res pics here: https://marvelousnews.com/252-30506

And Korg: https://twitter.com/rsadness2/status...857666/photo/1
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:22 PM   #5129
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post

Yep, Korg is the BAF.

I want to upgrade my Star Lord figure but may wait for a GOTG 3 version instead. Not feeling the Thor version. Want the armored Thor but only if the helmet is removable. Jane is a definite but the rest are a pass for me.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #5130
tfHunter
Mutant

Yeah, I saw a review online for Star Lord and face is softer than the GOTG 2 wave one. That one looked more realistic. For me, I'm getting both thors, jane foster of course and finally I can get my hands on a teenage groot.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote