ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

View Poll Results: Are you going to collect the RoC toys?
Yes 12 41.38%
No 2 6.90%
Maybe 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Who's going to collect the RoC toys?

OK, I kinda viewed those as aimed at both audiences, much like Classic Universe or the Star Wars Legacy figures.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #12
counteresperanto
Cobra Trooper

Unlike most of you, it seems, I'm not interested in any of the vehicles so far. However, as time goes by, I fing myself wanting more and more of the figures. A lot of them look quite good and some I'm considering just for the weapons. Hears hoping those sightings start making they're way west real soon!
counteresperanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha

I said I wasn't going to, but when I saw the big display in Wal-Mart, I just couldn't help myself.

Have been busy since I got them, but will open them to see what they're like over the next few days and decide if I want any more of them.

Has anyone bought and opened any of these yet, and what do you think of them?

Cheers.
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Banshee
Red Shirt

I'm really interested in making a squad of Neo vipers of all colors + some elite vipers.

Accelerator suit figures look pretty good too. I'm iffy on the rest.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Big fat maybe...

I saw them today at TRU. I have no space for vehicals, so there out and I am not sure that the figures do enough for me. I liked the 25th figures becuase I had a bunch as a kid and they were updated nicly, but to pick up yet another snake eyes...may be to much.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

maybe a vehicle, just to fit in with the MU shelf.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #17
Stryfe2025
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightWeaponAlpha View Post
I said I wasn't going to, but when I saw the big display in Wal-Mart, I just couldn't help myself.

Have been busy since I got them, but will open them to see what they're like over the next few days and decide if I want any more of them.

Cheers.
Personally, aside from the overly large projectile launchers and the Baroness's face I really enjoy he figures, especially Sgt. Stone.
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #18
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Could've done without the massive Nerf-styled guns they all have. Other than that, grabbed 16/17 figures last night. The realistic looks look good to me. Paint apps on my Baroness are really good, so I don't see any issue with her. Scarlett looks bad though...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightWeaponAlpha View Post

Cheers.
That's pretty much what I said. I wasn't going to until I had one in my hand. 24 hours after I bought three figures, I finally opened them ten minutes ago and I have to admit, they're pretty cool.

The materials used on the figures are decent quality, with the molded bits on Destro and Storm Shadow bend easily, though SS's movement is still a little restricted. Snake eyes is cool, but I think I still prefer the single carded 25th figure (sans Timber) as my favorite SE of all time. The thing that bothers me about SE is his oversized back pack, and the molded gun which hangs around his crotch. The good thing is, you don't have to use his backpack and his sword can still be mounted on his back. That part is pretty cool.

The oversized projectile toys look silly, but they're kind of cool, specifically SE's grappling thing which allows him to swing from one end to the other. I know these are more geared to kids than collectors, but I think there's enough in this line for collectors as well.

The only other figures I will probably get are Cobra Commander and a New Viper. I'm not a huge fan of realistic looking figures, so I'm gonna stick to the masked figures. Honestly, I have no desire to have Marlon Wayans staring back at me from my toy shelf.

Also, no room for vehicles at my place, so I'm not gonna bother with those. Looks like I'm only gonna get a limited number of these guys, unlike the 25th line which is slowly taking over my whole toy shelf.

Last edited by pud333; 07-05-2009 at 02:15 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

anybody have any pics with the ROC figs next to some MUs? I saw a scarlet the other day, and thought she would make a perfect Black Widow, but I don't want to get her if she's too big with the MUs...
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote