ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
BeeBoy29
New action figure collector with a very noobish question lol

hi there

With the new g.i joe movie i would like to start collecting some figures, im a big fan of snake eyes i think he is very badass, lol. I never have collected any action figures before though so im a super noob lol. Yesterday at walmart i saw these g.i joe movie figures for 9.94 each, being the noob i am i dont even kno wat size they are . Do u guys recommend i get those ones?

Thanx alot for any feedback!
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Stryfe2025
Cobra Trooper
Re: New action figure collector with a very noobish question lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoy29 View Post
hi there

With the new g.i joe movie i would like to start collecting some figures, im a big fan of snake eyes i think he is very badass, lol. I never have collected any action figures before though so im a super noob lol. Yesterday at walmart i saw these g.i joe movie figures for 9.94 each, being the noob i am i dont even kno wat size they are . Do u guys recommend i get those ones?

Thanx alot for any feedback!
Hey, noobish questions are awesome.

The 3 3/4 scale is the basic figure size and is the standard for GI Joe ROC figures.
They do make 12" figures but they aren't as good, or as detailed character wise.
So the new ROC figures got you all excited for collecting, eh? Awesome.
Welcome to the boards!
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

The ROC figures are pretty good. The quality is nice and in the last year or so, and it seems going forward, the 3 3/4 inch scale seems to be a favorite for collectors once again.

For the price you pay, and what you get, GI Joes have been pretty good at delivering the last couple of years. If you like vintage joes, it might be worthwhile for you to track down some 25th anniversary figures because they're basically remakes of the old Joes into a more modern style. However, ROC is a good a place to start as any.

Also might want to check out the Marvel Universe Fury Files figures if you're into comic book characters. There's something very cool about having Wolverine fight Snake Eyes.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
The ROC figures are pretty good. The quality is nice and in the last year or so, and it seems going forward, the 3 3/4 inch scale seems to be a favorite for collectors once again.

For the price you pay, and what you get, GI Joes have been pretty good at delivering the last couple of years. If you like vintage joes, it might be worthwhile for you to track down some 25th anniversary figures because they're basically remakes of the old Joes into a more modern style. However, ROC is a good a place to start as any.

Also might want to check out the Marvel Universe Fury Files figures if you're into comic book characters. There's something very cool about having Wolverine fight Snake Eyes.
Oh yes !
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
BeeBoy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2025 View Post
Hey, noobish questions are awesome.

The 3 3/4 scale is the basic figure size and is the standard for GI Joe ROC figures.
They do make 12" figures but they aren't as good, or as detailed character wise.
So the new ROC figures got you all excited for collecting, eh? Awesome.
Welcome to the boards!
Thanks for the warm welcome stryfe haha yea action figures have always intrigued me so i thought hey wat more then a better way to get into it with a new line

Quote:

I will definetly check out the fury files figures, thank u also pud333 . Can u still find 25th figures in stores? and sorry another noobish question wat packaging does it look like they have? thanx
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Robimus
Super Moderator

Yes, some of the 25th Joes are still in stores. I believe the Comics Two packs are a better deal than the single carded figures.

Also you could start with Winners locl to you in case they have any of their lower priced 25th Joes left.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
BeeBoy29

thanx robimus
Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
BeeBoy29

sorry to bump this but i have another question
im going to the us, do u guys think its worth it to buy the roc R.H.I.N.O? anyone tht has a rhino, can u tell me if its worth?
thanx
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoy29 View Post
sorry to bump this but i have another question
im going to the us, do u guys think its worth it to buy the roc R.H.I.N.O? anyone tht has a rhino, can u tell me if its worth?
thanx
If you haven't already visited it, Hisstank.com is a great resource for Joe stuff. You can find reviews there of most of the 25th line, as well as the ROC figures. It's a pretty big and lively community.

Here's a RHINO review:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...i-n-o-apc.html
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
BeeBoy29

Quote:
If you haven't already visited it, Hisstank.com is a great resource for Joe stuff. You can find reviews there of most of the 25th line, as well as the ROC figures. It's a pretty big and lively community.

Here's a RHINO review:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...i-n-o-apc.html
oh yea thanx pud!