ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
Aernaroth
Red Shirt
Re: GI Joe Sigma 6: The best toy line that you NEVER bought.

I think this line had some amazing ideas, but just wasn't able to execute them properly, and wasn't supported by a show that was any good. I mean, come on, it was like they hired Gonzo to make an anime version of GI Joe, just so they could use the 4kids magic on it and butcher it into a localized version.

I think it was a great attempt to move back into larger figures rather than 3 1/4" ones, but unfortunately, the big joes have always been niche, and I think this worked against them in the end.

But come on! In the first wave, we had a Snake Eyes with a strider-style tonfa sword, and a Storm Shadow with sword-chucks. SWORD-CHUCKS! Later on, there was a Storm Shadow that turned into basically the Shredder! I think Sigma 6 is going to go down as one of those joe lines that is hated by the majority, but loved deeply by a small group.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
zeromight
Red Shirt
Re: GI Joe Sigma 6: The best toy line that you NEVER bought.

I pretty much got all of them, except for the last few figures released and the first version of Long Range. That is the only figure that I've been looking for. All in all, I really like the Sigma 6 figures, very different from the other Joe figures that I have. The ones I like the most:
1. Heavy Duty
2. Normal Snake Eyes
3. S.T.R.I.K.E. Armor Duke
zeromight is offline   Reply With Quote