ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #5331
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
Seriously the Toys R Us at Victoria Park at Scarborough still has like 13 Movie Wasps.
I can believe it. I just don't understand it. The toys that don't sell are going to be liquidated or thrown on landfills eventually. TRU might as well deep clearance these toys so they find a new home. But I guess TRU losing money on figures no one would buy unless dirt cheap is more important than anything else. Sad, sad, company.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:57 PM   #5332
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Amazon be doing some funny price shenanigans. THe original sale that was posted for FemLoki/Scarlet/Vision was at 28 dollars, then jumped to 33
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:19 PM   #5333
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Walmart and TRU would rather have figures rot on the shelf for years than to just deep clearance it. Pretty dumb if you ask me but whatever I guess.
Maybe Toyrus but I have seen some clearane Marvel Legends for $18 , Shuri from Balck Panther movie one of them. And yet, Hasbro is rereleasing her with different paint and jacked up price tag.
Wal Mart really depends on stores. I have gotten the Windigo wave for $12 each. But only in Victoria BC.
And some new ninja turtles figures when the 2nd Bay movie was coming out were on clearance as well.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #5334
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Maybe Toyrus but I have seen some clearane Marvel Legends for $18 , Shuri from Balck Panther movie one of them. And yet, Hasbro is rereleasing her with different paint and jacked up price tag.
Wal Mart really depends on stores. I have gotten the Windigo wave for $12 each. But only in Victoria BC.
And some new ninja turtles figures when the 2nd Bay movie was coming out were on clearance as well.

While not ML related, there was a time where some TFs (mostly micromaster packs) and even a few DC Multiverse figures (mostly Supes from wave 1/2?) were mistakenly left out on shelves when they were priced at $0.02 !!!!

Now that was a mistake on the stores part, because that price is meant "no sale" and they were supposed to be taken off the shelves. Then of course there are always clearances on stuff that can be cheap. I recently got a Vintage reissue BW Rattrap on clearance for $14. I also picked up a few WFC deluxes for $9 a couple years ago.

So I don't think Walmart is that bad, in store at least. Online is another story.

Even TRU can sometimes surprise you. Earlier this year (yes THIS year) I found a ML Spymaster and Rock Python on red tag clearance for $12 and $10. However TRU has been terrible for keeping stock on shelves for years even before being bought by these other companies.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:07 PM   #5335
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

So did anyone actually get a call that pre-ordered Jigsaw from Gamestop?

because it was said he was out on the 13th, but here we are and I didn't get any notice, did anyone else get themselves a Jigsaw?
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:02 AM   #5336
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
So did anyone actually get a call that pre-ordered Jigsaw from Gamestop?

because it was said he was out on the 13th, but here we are and I didn't get any notice, did anyone else get themselves a Jigsaw?
Nothing yet, no
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:41 PM   #5337
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

The new Iron Man cardback looks amazing, but yeah I'm happy with my Deluxe War Machine. Black and Silver > Black and White
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #5338
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

This was an incredible livestream, and I can't believe it wasn't on their usual Youtube channel.

Let's see:

Retro Sentinel scaled for the Retro line, and perfectly fine as a stand in for 6" ML sized classic Sentinel???? HELL F%$&ING YES PLEASE!!!!! I have the Haslab Sentinel, and guess who is turning into Master Mold and pumping out a small army of Retro Sentinels!?!?!!!!! The only downside is price. If the regular Retro figs are almost $20 here, I hate to think what they will be asking for this guy. Doesn't matter though he'll sell out no problem.

Sharon Carter - Meh. Glad to see her for those that collect MCU, and I guess she could be used as custom fodder, but not my cup of tea

Bag Man - Before the reveal I could pass on him easily. Mostly because he was a faint memory for me, and a bit of a joke character. However seeing him on the Retro card back, and the overall look/accessories I'll probably cave and get him.

Firelord - Another HELL F$^%ING YES!!!!! Not only the Retro card back, but he looks FANTASTIC (pun intended). Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, can't wait to put him with Galactus and the other heralds.

War Machine - And the HELL F$^&*ING YES's keep coming. I so badly wanted an animated Iron Man Retro wave. I thought there was no chance of that with Hasbro going plastic-less next year, but here we are!!!! Sure I will be disappointed if this is the only one we get, but what a great choice. The white/grey perfectly captures the War Machine look from the cartoon and toy line. Chef's Kiss.

Japanese Spiderman - Looks great, and a great choice. I personally won't get him, except on sale, but this looks great, and I love they used the Japanese logo for his box. Now to avoid watching the show again in case it makes me love it more all over again.

MOJO - WOW! This looks great. Mojo has a great update, while maintaining everything we love about the character. Dazzler is solid, and with the new head means you have a choice with the Retro carded version. LONGSHOT!!! Classic look is just perfect and works so well with the rest of the set. Chibi Wolverine is a nice little throw in/nod to the past. And can we talk about the packaging? AWESOME!! I love the old school TV and having Dazzler come in a remote control box is genius, and great synergy with the VHS packaging they have been doing. This is a great convention exclusive, let's hope it is reasonably easy to get (yeah right).

Gambit tease - probably another animated right? With a couple new hands? Cool, but I'm good with my Retro carded version.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:05 PM   #5339
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

At this point I’m just going to wait for the dlx release of what if infinity ultron. Lol

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:50 PM   #5340
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Mojo looks good. I wonder if it will be available via Gamestop.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote