ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-19-2022, 03:49 PM   #5351
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
We didn't drive Target from Canada. Target ran a pathetically lousy business that couldn't compete against Walmart (and even Zellers did a better job than Target).

Their CEO not only limped away in shame and humiliation, the company screwed over a ton of their suppliers in the process.
Totally agree. Also they bailed because of their data compromise. Cutting money losing (because it was a new market and they were still developing) Canadian operations was an easy way for the new CEO to make it look like they were doing something good and keep the share price up.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM   #5352
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
People in the US were getting Defender Strange at Target for $15 a week or two ago. I rrally wish we hadn't driven Target from Canada.
Target sucked here. Literally anywhere else had better prices. Unfortunately we likely won't have the same deals as the USA ever again. It sucks but that's the reality
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:17 PM   #5353
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

@Target stuff agree to disagree...people screwed them as much as their decisions screwed themselves...or have we forgotten how people went to Target when it opened under the impression they were getting US pricing in Canada ?! Yes the shelves were empty too...but that's because they decided to build a brand new stock system instead of using the one they already had in place.

People never got over it.

That being said I miss them immensely...i found some of my best deals of all time there. When they left Walmart began screwing us over...Target leaving was terrible for us.

On topic. Preorder Japanese Spiderman and some Sentinals. Thanks !
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:18 PM   #5354
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Let's keep it on topic, please.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:11 PM   #5355
ghostlurk29
Mutant

No sign of Mojo on Gamestop. Others are up.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...ese-spider-man
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...-s-war-machine
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...eries-firelord
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...-sharon-carter
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:16 PM   #5356
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

New Marvel Retro Sentinel is also available for pre-order.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...entinel-figure
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:26 PM   #5357
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I talked with an employee at Gamestop who confirmed that Mojo is not in their system. Mojo is a Hasbro Pulse exclusive at the moment I think, so I don't think it's going to pop up on the fan channel unless it really really doesn't sell out on Hasbro's website.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:07 PM   #5358
alfa
Red Shirt

Sharon Carter

https://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Soldie...ef_=ast_sto_dp
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:32 PM   #5359
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
This was an incredible livestream, and I can't believe it wasn't on their usual Youtube channel.

Let's see:

Retro Sentinel scaled for the Retro line, and perfectly fine as a stand in for 6" ML sized classic Sentinel???? HELL F%$&ING YES PLEASE!!!!! I have the Haslab Sentinel, and guess who is turning into Master Mold and pumping out a small army of Retro Sentinels!?!?!!!!! The only downside is price. If the regular Retro figs are almost $20 here, I hate to think what they will be asking for this guy. Doesn't matter though he'll sell out no problem.

Sharon Carter - Meh. Glad to see her for those that collect MCU, and I guess she could be used as custom fodder, but not my cup of tea

Bag Man - Before the reveal I could pass on him easily. Mostly because he was a faint memory for me, and a bit of a joke character. However seeing him on the Retro card back, and the overall look/accessories I'll probably cave and get him.

Firelord - Another HELL F$^%ING YES!!!!! Not only the Retro card back, but he looks FANTASTIC (pun intended). Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, can't wait to put him with Galactus and the other heralds.

War Machine - And the HELL F$^&*ING YES's keep coming. I so badly wanted an animated Iron Man Retro wave. I thought there was no chance of that with Hasbro going plastic-less next year, but here we are!!!! Sure I will be disappointed if this is the only one we get, but what a great choice. The white/grey perfectly captures the War Machine look from the cartoon and toy line. Chef's Kiss.

Japanese Spiderman - Looks great, and a great choice. I personally won't get him, except on sale, but this looks great, and I love they used the Japanese logo for his box. Now to avoid watching the show again in case it makes me love it more all over again.

MOJO - WOW! This looks great. Mojo has a great update, while maintaining everything we love about the character. Dazzler is solid, and with the new head means you have a choice with the Retro carded version. LONGSHOT!!! Classic look is just perfect and works so well with the rest of the set. Chibi Wolverine is a nice little throw in/nod to the past. And can we talk about the packaging? AWESOME!! I love the old school TV and having Dazzler come in a remote control box is genius, and great synergy with the VHS packaging they have been doing. This is a great convention exclusive, let's hope it is reasonably easy to get (yeah right).

Gambit tease - probably another animated right? With a couple new hands? Cool, but I'm good with my Retro carded version.
And for anyone who hasn't seen the pics of the upcoming Marvel Legends figures...
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:33 PM   #5360
alfa
Red Shirt

War Machine

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09H17CD6R?...hk_typ_imgToDp
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote