ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 05-19-2022, 08:44 AM   #481
4lott
Master of the Universe
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Just a guess but it’s entirely possible that retailers are choosing the more kid friendly Netflix cartoon figures over the other two lines. Also, here in Quebec, Scareglows and Stinkors are just collecting dust
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:45 AM   #482
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Clamp Champ and Ram Man still lining the shelves at my local Walmart too, back up to the original $25 price point that they weren't moving at. Half of an end display, actually. Leftover Sky Sleds seem to have finally moved on. Haven't seen anything new since the Fisto wave so far.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:05 PM   #483
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Just a guess but it?s entirely possible that retailers are choosing the more kid friendly Netflix cartoon figures over the other two lines. Also, here in Quebec, Scareglows and Stinkors are just collecting dust
when you say scareglows and stinkors are you refering to Origins or Masterverse ones?
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #484
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
when you say scareglows and stinkors are you refering to Origins or Masterverse ones?

Probably Masterverse since I still see them on shelves around here as well.

Origins Scareglow never came to regular retail here, and Stinkor as well I believe.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #485
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Probably Masterverse since I still see them on shelves around here as well.

Origins Scareglow never came to regular retail here, and Stinkor as well I believe.
Yep same problem with origins scareglow and stinkor in my neck of woods.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:44 AM   #486
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Just a guess but it?s entirely possible that retailers are choosing the more kid friendly Netflix cartoon figures over the other two lines. Also, here in Quebec, Scareglows and Stinkors are just collecting dust
To adress these two statements:

1. Retailers arent stocking the kid friendly netflix line either. Canada got barely any of the Orc0 and Evil Lyn wave and Walmart is choosing to have the bigger figures only available online (at least in quebec) which defeats the purpose of figures like this. They are poorly stocked on Amazon.ca and at Toysrus as well.

2. I am in Quebec (montreal) looking for Stinkor and can't find him anywhere. Where are you seeing so much of Stinkor? And Scareglow was never distributed in Canada so I am not sure what you are referring to.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #487
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Clamp Champ and Ram Man still lining the shelves at my local Walmart too, back up to the original $25 price point that they weren't moving at. Half of an end display, actually. Leftover Sky Sleds seem to have finally moved on. Haven't seen anything new since the Fisto wave so far.
The Origins Stinkor and LOP Beastman wave was skipped in Canada right?

Also, if anyone collects the CG Netflix line as well, Amazon has BeastMan on sale

https://www.amazon.ca/Masters-Univer...%2C100&sr=1-69

I wish I had Evil Lyn to complete the evil fouresome of season 1 but that toy had horrid distribution too.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:24 PM   #488
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Origins here in Calgary:

Wave 1. He-Man and Skeletor were peg-warming. Others were gone fast.
Wave 2 (Orko, Scareglow, etc.), barely any distribution. I found 1 Scareglow once.
Wave 3 (Zodac, She-ra, etc.) besides She-ra, rest were peg-warming everywhere.
Wave 4 (Ninjor, Hordak), barely any distribution. Saw a guy buy the whole wave at TRU once and then only saw 1 Hordak at EB.
Wave 5 (Fisto, etc.). Peg-warming.
Wave 6 (Stinkor, Webstor, etc.). Never saw it anywhere.
Wave 7 (Jitsu). Saw it at WM and saw a restock.

For Deluxes, never saw Mosquitor. Ram-Man and Clamp Champ peg-warming. Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor had several restocks. Hordak was only at Canadian Tire and 1 WM.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 05-20-2022 at 12:39 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:06 PM   #489
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
To adress these two statements:

1. Retailers arent stocking the kid friendly netflix line either. Canada got barely any of the Orc0 and Evil Lyn wave and Walmart is choosing to have the bigger figures only available online (at least in quebec) which defeats the purpose of figures like this. They are poorly stocked on Amazon.ca and at Toysrus as well.
Here in Ontario both Walmart and TRU near me just got big stock in for the kid friendly line. Full pegs of the current wave with Ram Maam and Man E Faces, the bigger figures like Beast Man and armoured HeMan, the vehicles like Skeletor and Painthor. Might want to keep an eye out if your interested because it looks like solid stock is on its way for both locations.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:15 PM   #490
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The Origins Stinkor and LOP Beastman wave was skipped in Canada right?

Also, if anyone collects the CG Netflix line as well, Amazon has BeastMan on sale

https://www.amazon.ca/Masters-Univer...%2C100&sr=1-69

I wish I had Evil Lyn to complete the evil fouresome of season 1 but that toy had horrid distribution too.
Yeah, I think that wave may have been skipped. I didn't see it, but that may not be everyone's experience. I got those pre-ordered through BBTS. Luckily my wife found an Evil Lyn a little while back, so I think I'm just missing some wave 2 figures now. And a couple that I should have picked up when I saw them...
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote