ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #141
Sun Swipe Prime
Red Shirt
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
True but chastising is a strong word. We are however allowed to disagree/agree with the feedback positive or negative.

People here are getting ripped off hard by this guy and people will have strong opinions about that.
Yes, you're allowed to disagree, but when there's a mocking tone to it, basically putting the poster down, I don't think that's a healthy way to have a discussion.

Having a strong opinion doesn't give one carte blanche to say whatever they want about someone they disagree with. Stuff like that muddies the waters and takes away from the credibility of this thread. And that does nothing but help NMC, because it makes it easier for someone coming across this thread to dismiss it as unreliable.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:46 PM   #142
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yes, you're allowed to disagree, but when there's a mocking tone to it, basically putting the poster down, I don't think that's a healthy way to have a discussion.

Having a strong opinion doesn't give one carte blanche to say whatever they want about someone they disagree with. Stuff like that muddies the waters and takes away from the credibility of this thread. And that does nothing but help NMC, because it makes it easier for someone coming across this thread to dismiss it as unreliable.
No it doesn't but as I'm sure we can all agree "tone" on the internet is a pretty loose and very interpretive thing.

All I can say again is people are passionate about this Austin (Napoleon) guy, usually to the negative and tone or not it brings out strong opinions. Yes a slight mob mentality.

If our small debate about this under 15 replies in 140 ish negative reviews sways someone in the other direction then I dunno what to say about that person except good luck to them lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #143
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

I?m curious who here still has outstanding orders with NMC.
Before Covid I always had pleasant experiences (including taking my son who is on the spectrum to his location and he couldn?t have been nicer to us) and back then he was one of the few importing Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates figures, so I continued to be a loyal customer, despite the warnings of a thread like this?.

But with all the issues related to the pandemic, here?s a list of preorders I?m still waiting on and it?s so late only store credit is an option (which I?m not interested in since I?m only interested in the figures I?m waiting for):

-the entire ML Xenmu wave, minus Dr.Doom. Was supposed to arrive June 2021, no hint of what happened to that wave, even though places still have most of those figures on clearance now

-Thundercats Ultimate Mum-Ra the Ever Living. Plenty of stores now have this figure in stock now, no clue what the time table is for this figure

-Thundercats Ultimate Tygra. Same deal as Mum-Ra

-Thundercats Cheetara. I realize she was delayed for a long time but she?s available now, not sure how much longer she?ll take to arrive in Canada.

I?m going to send another email to see about any updates regarding these figures. Hoping for some news, especially regarding the Marvel Legends figures. I?ve never had any reason to speak badly about this store before, but I must say an over 1 year delay without any update for the Xenmu wave is a little disheartening to say the least
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:33 PM   #144
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

The Thundercats figures I could see there's still a window.

But there's no way your ever going to see the Xenmu wave. I'm curious what his excuse will be on that one...your well past any reasonable expectation for that wave.

There's no way Hasbro missed shipping to him. None.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #145
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

I?ve learned the hard way not to preorder from this sad site. Never received my Cobra Infantry troopers from him. The money you give him to place preorders probably went to arrears rent. He probably hopes you forgot about your order.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:13 AM   #146
steveslites
Red Shirt

So I have had the same sort of experience as everyone else here with NMC Toys (Northmen Collectibles).

Pre-ordered an item and waited almost 2 years for the product because I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Finally decided to cancel the pre-order (which took multiple emails over more than a month to get a reply from sales), and requested a full refund. He refused the refund (as it was past the limit to refund on my credit card), and would only allow store credit. I did not accept this, informed them of some of the many options available to issue a refund, and after multiple emails I decided to escalate things and contacted Consumer Protections Ontario. As advised, I also began CCing Consumer Protection Ontario on all emails.

His reply to this was multiple belligerent emails (the first 6 of which came within a 16 minute window) about how this is all my fault, how I am ?weaponizing? my patience against him, how much of a poor victim he is, and so on (Do not fall for any of this BS from him. It is just a sad tactic that he attempts to use). He also decided to cancel my other pre-order, and then he "banned me". He finally sent me an e-transfer for part of my refund owed for both items, however he decided he was going to charge a 5% cancellation fee. I continued to fight for the remaining 5% as it is illegal for him to charge such a fee for undelivered products after that amount of time, and the fact that he cancelled my second order, not me. His eventual reply was that if I wanted the rest of the money then he would see me in small claims court. I am still deciding how far I am willing to take this over the small amount I am still owed.

I left a google review recently and as expected, his reply is a full on BS gaslight and attempting to make me the bad guy. He made the mistake of stating that he was willing to share the emails between us with anyone who wanted them to prove I was the bad guy. I find that funny since I was nothing but patient, and professional throughout the entire conversation. Since he wanted to go public with them, I posted a link to the the entire chain in an update so anyone can see the emails and see for themselves the kind of person he is.

For anyone who currently has or has had a similar issue in the past with not receiving their items, I highly suggest you contact Consumer Protection Ontario(https://www.ontario.ca/page/consumer-protection-ontario) (1-800-889-9768) as you are protected in these situations under the Consumer Protection Act of Ontario. You do not have to reside within Ontario to file a complaint since the business is (only one party has to be).

Talking with Consumer Protection was a great help. Their representatives clearly explained the Act and how it applies to these situations, gave me advice on the next steps to take, and helped file multiple complaints against the business.

The part of the Consumer Protection Act of Ontario that deals with most of these situations is section 26, sub-section 1, late delivery. ( https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/02c30#BK32 )

This section states that a business has 30 days after the expected delivery date that was agreed upon when the item was ordered to have the item delivered to you, or 30 days after an amended delivery date that has been agreed to in writing. Yes, an ETA is an expected delivery date. If you do not receive the item within that time then you are entitled to cancel the order and get a full refund. No, you do not have to accept a store credit.

Consumer Protection Ontario can do a few things,

1) Help you with your immediate problem by providing advice and information on the Act, bring other agencies into the mix if required, and help mediate between you and the business. The final step here is they may advise you to go to small claims court.

2) If enough complaints are filed then they gain the ability to open their own investigation into the business at which point they have much more power and can take administrative actions such as written warnings, imposing terms and conditions on licenses and registrations and can suspend or revoke licenses or registrations. They could also issue compliance orders and if the business is found guilty of the Act, they could face fines and/or jail time.

Hopefully Consumer Protection is able to help you with your specific issue, but even if they can't, file a complaint anyways as they all stay on file and build up to potentially trigger their own investigation.

Bottom line is, do NOT do business with NMC Toys (Northmen Collectibles). If you have purchased something there and are having an issue now, or even an issue in the past, reach out to Consumer Protection Ontario and ask what your options are and file a complaint.
steveslites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #147
4lott
Master of the Universe

With all the other reputable options why do people keep ordering from this guy?!?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #148
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
With all the other reputable options why do people keep ordering from this guy?!?
They don't know any better.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #149
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Cause all is forgiven if he has product in stock...I don't get it either. Being spoon fed shit with sprinkles is still shit.

A fool and their money are easily parted. At this point there's more than enough info on this guy to make an educated decision. I don't feel sorry for anyone who orders from him now (acknowledging the fact the poster above waited a very patient 2 years).
Old 09-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #150
DubbaDee
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveslites View Post
So I have had the same sort of experience as everyone else here with NMC Toys (Northmen Collectibles).

The PDF of his emails to you are amazing, and I've only read one of them haha

"stop terrorizing me and impacting my mental health"

"you are literally giving me a panic attack with this harassment"

How many times do you think this soup sandwich of a man has unironically called someone a snowflake?
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote