ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-29-2022, 05:34 AM   #321
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

1302/5000 (+7) Well really no surprise, but the bump of almost 200 backers yesterday was a one off. Back to the single digit daily increase. I guess it is a good thing they haven't lost backers, but with the Joe Haslab (HISS Tank) coming later today there will probably be even less attention on this, and maybe even a few backers......backing out to go to the HISS Tank.

Now 26.04% of the way to funding with 12d 18h left.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:02 PM   #322
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Ok after digesting this a bit, here are my initial thoughts:

WOW!!! I really like this. I mean I expected more ARAH style and completely spaced on the fact that this is Classified and they like to give updates where they can on product. So I am really impressed with everything in this HISS.

The overall design is really great. I love the gull wing canopy that offers 2 types of entry. The fold out ladder, the independent turret guns. The fold down rear access ramp with an adjustable seat and weapons rack. The lights are great, and I absolutely love the cobra symbol light, although I think Spiderman might file a copyright lawsuit for infringement. The working treads look great, which is one area I was really worried about. I love the little touch of an interior red light as well for the driver and the troop transport section. Then you have the folding tow hook (gee what could that be for?) and the side ports (again gee what could that be for?).

The colour and deco looks great as well.

Love that the figures will come in box rather than loose (take the hint ML team!!!!!!) Even though that doesn't mean as much now that the boxes will be all cardboard.

The early bird figure is really just a base offering figure, or I guess first tier unlock, dressed up as a way to push quick funding. I like that it is a "new" character so hopefully it makes it and we can see what the colour scheme offering look like.

Now the question for me is what will be the unlock tiers, and how many backers for each one to unlock?

I would hazard a guess from the livestream and Lenny's comments that we could see (all guesses on my part):

Tier 1 (11,000) - A figure. Most definitely a repaint/mostly reused parts figure. Maybe a Cobra Commander in more of a ARAH style.

Tier 2 (14,000) - Another figure. Again reuse/repaint, possibly a new trooper of some kind

Tier 3 (17,000) - Weapons pods for the side of the HISS (where Lenny showed on the treads) Hopefully missiles, but most likely guns.

Tier 4 (20,000) - Some kind of towable vehicles/platform. Nothing big like an ASP, but maybe some kind of missile launcher like the MMS?

Anyway great job and I really like the look of it.

As of posting this......post it is now at 2405/8000
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #323
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Did anyone notice that if you order by August, you'll get your HISS tank via a time travel device:

https://news.hisstank.com/wp-content...ank-LS-027.jpg

"Orders are estimated to ship Winter 2003"

Bwhahahaha... I know they meant to say 2023, but I found it funny.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:28 PM   #324
Canukle
Clonetrooper

I would guess that if they do a tier that unlocks a towable platform, it would be something that would have swappable weapons with the side-pods. More like a weapons carrier than a launcher (or it doubles as both?).

Looks really nice, though... way better than I was expecting
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #325
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Not a fan of the HISS tank at $299 USD. It'll need to hit a lot of stretch goals to get the overall value up.

I was also a little disappointed with the Skystriker update. Still an early prototype, but its looking more retail quality than Razor Crest quality.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #326
wesperino
Mutant

This hiss could hit 8000 backers today! Don’t think I have seen a haslab get funded so quickly.

Sure beats a $500 light saver for the money. I’m trying to figure out if I can get in on this and get me a tank. I bet this could hit every tier.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:20 PM   #327
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

I would not be surprised if this hits 30,000 backers if tiers are very good
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:43 PM   #328
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
This hiss could hit 8000 backers today! Don?t think I have seen a haslab get funded so quickly.

Sure beats a $500 light saver for the money. I?m trying to figure out if I can get in on this and get me a tank. I bet this could hit every tier.
I'm hoping the unlockable tiers are going to be really good. Because I am like other people often forget Star Wars is a huge license that Hasbro has. But GI Joe is Hasbro's in-house brand so technically there's no license fees though that's a money saved there for better product.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:53 AM   #329
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I'm hoping the unlockable tiers are going to be really good. Because I am like other people often forget Star Wars is a huge license that Hasbro has. But GI Joe is Hasbro's in-house brand so technically there's no license fees though that's a money saved there for better product.
Or the money is used for executives boat, Hamptons party house and cocaine bonus
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 02:16 AM   #330
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Or the money is used for executives boat, Hamptons party house and cocaine bonus
This.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote