ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #11
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
prototype for hasbro just means its not the final figure you will find in stoes in terms of deco. Look, you can think waht you want but if you are looking for more than what they showed, you risk being quite dissapointed.
If you saw the panel (it's up on YouTube) the Hasbro reps explicitly say that this is a one of a kind prototype that they practically rushed to have ready for the show. This one was 3D printed, hand painted details including the face (as opposed to their Photo Real printing) (and they even missed one side of the coin on Saba). They go so far as to say that the final piece will be smoother, better detailed, etc.

Above is all what they said, below are some of my thoughts. I wouldn't be too surprised if there were still some changes to be made on the figures. This will likely be the base figure for the line as a whole, so I'd imagine they want to make it as good as can be from the get go (they did talk it up quite highly so maybe they are happy). Some things like the weapon gripping hands having side to side movement as opposed to up and down, I can't see that being a permanent thing, and would assume there would be different styles of joints depending on the hand. Unfortunately I doubt we'll see ball joints in the wrist. For personal preferences I'd probably prefer a mid torso ball peg instead of an ab crunch, but I suppose that's fine. And also a double ball peg at the neck instead of the swivel peg it has.

Definitely excited for this line and can't wait to see what else there is to come.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #12
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Thanks Onslaught! And my bad guys, I had not watched everything, it was all assumptions from dealing with hasbro in the past. I still think we should remain humble in our hopes for this line. It will be better than what Bandai was putting out (at least in terms of the bigger legacy figures) but knowing Hasbro and their cost cutting practices, I would still not hope for so much better than what we have been shown so far.

Still, this will be the best we have ever gotten in the west, and thats pretty awesome.

Really looking forward to those megazords.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
erik352
Cylon Centurion

I wonder if people will still buy all the old legacy figures that bandai's gonna pump out before Hasbro takes over. Im excited for this line...but a little scared too. With how much hasbro has been releasing star wars and marvel figures, i hope they makes the releases manageable for fans.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:17 AM   #14
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Starting out strong

HD image: https://www.southernhobby.com/images...06AS00.jpg?482

So various sources say the first wave (or two) will consist of the following:

MMPR Lord Zedd
MMPR White
MMPR Pink
SPD ShadowRanger
Dino Charge Red
Lost Galaxy Magna Defender
Beast Morphers Red
Beast Morphers Gold

*EDIT* I don't wanna double post - Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Hasbro%20...iglink20726-20

Preorders for the first four figures revealed (Zedd, SPD Shadow, DC Red, MMPR White)

Last edited by StaticShin27; 02-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #15
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

I post this in the Sightings thread, but just a note - Zedd is shortpacked in Wave 1 with White Ranger getting the extra spot.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #16
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
I post this in the Sightings thread, but just a note - Zedd is shortpacked in Wave 1 with White Ranger getting the extra spot.
Zedd will be a very sod after item because of the lack of supply. Hasbro may have a problem with it's Lightning Series due to distribution. I read Hasbro is trying to stay away from Female Rangers which will be a huge mistake for completionist who want a full team. I hope after they test the waters for Power Rangers they will make Female characters no matter good or bad. Time will tell and hope they will give us more Lord Zedd.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:39 AM   #17
riderman
Master of the Universe

Hasbro has released new Beast Morphers basic action figures at Toys R Us today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190302_202354.jpg (97.7 KB, 24 views)
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 PM   #18
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

I saw these at Mac TRU today. Don't collect them but wanted to post about it.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:57 PM   #19
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Does anyone know when the SDCC exclusive Jason 2 pack is getting released thru Hasbro pulse? First I heard July 27th, then 28th...no sign of it.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #20
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Does anyone know when the SDCC exclusive Jason 2 pack is getting released thru Hasbro pulse? First I heard July 27th, then 28th...no sign of it.
It should be available August 28th on Hasbro pulse. You can also get the two pack probably at fan expo in August aswell since the ebgames booth with be selling the Hasbro exclusives.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote