ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #11
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post
I made payment with cc and they apparently won't reverse the charge since it's been more than 60 days past the transaction dates. Guess I'm SOL so fingers crossed.
Who is they? NMC or your CC company? Cause people were able to do a charge back well over 60 days from the transaction date after they got fed up with NMC.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #12
idcrisis
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Who is they? NMC or your CC company? Cause people were able to do a charge back well over 60 days from the transaction date after they got fed up with NMC.
CC. Rogers bank specifically.
idcrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:18 PM   #13
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Online options for collecting in Canada are too limited to be burning bridges (especially ones with free shipping). I think it's a bad idea to do a charge-back unless you have cause to do so.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:41 PM   #14
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Not every bank is the same for chargebacks. Some do 60 days, some 90, others 180. Paypal is 180 days.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #15
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Not every bank is the same for chargebacks. Some do 60 days, some 90, others 180. Paypal is 180 days.
Pay Pal isn't a bank and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can successfully do a charge back after the 60-120 days if you have proof that the seller isn't holding up their end of the transaction. So if OP doesn't get his figures after the expected ETA and NMC idiot refuses to refund (which he will) he has a good case if he has email proof to provide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Online options for collecting in Canada are too limited to be burning bridges (especially ones with free shipping). I think it's a bad idea to do a charge-back unless you have cause to do so.
But why support crappy business practice? Even if options are limited I don't think it's worth dealing with the BS

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-12-2021 at 07:59 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #16
DrBlackcoat
Red Shirt

I have used Northman collectibles twice. The first time was a nightmare. I preordered Psylocke and archangel from him to support a Canadian business. Neither item ever came in. He blamed hasbro and wouldn’t refund me so I took store credit and picked up some other figures. The whole process was so bad. He was rude and acted like an asshole. I used him again years later after he rebranded to NMC to get a figure I couldn’t find anywhere else at a great price. The second time was hassle free. EB games has been unreal for me in BC. They call for preorders and everything is hassle free with them.
DrBlackcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #17
cli1ck
Articulation Junkie

Since we're doing NMC complaints, I preordered TMNT Ultimates Leonardo and haven't gotten any word at all. No updates, no nothing. The website still says ETA 02-2021
I get that shipping is crazy right now, but at the very least I expect some kind of update on why i've been waiting half a year passed the expected date, added to the fact that TMNT Ultimates are releasing Wave 3 right now..
I regret ordering Mikey with them too
Old 09-12-2021, 11:02 PM   #18
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

I got my Super7 Bebop from NMC. They just posted a new message on their Facebook and they just got invoiced by Super7 and will be shipping soon.

As for Leo, that was wave 2. You need to contact support or message them on Facebook.
ViktorVonGloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:45 AM   #19
kentf
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
Since we're doing NMC complaints, I preordered TMNT Ultimates Leonardo and haven't gotten any word at all. No updates, no nothing. The website still says ETA 02-2021
I get that shipping is crazy right now, but at the very least I expect some kind of update on why i've been waiting half a year passed the expected date, added to the fact that TMNT Ultimates are releasing Wave 3 right now..
I regret ordering Mikey with them too
Yeah, he’s totally fucking with you. I pre-ordered the Super 7 Leo (among other things) and months after they arrived in then hands of other Canadian suppliers/customers I still didn’t have mine. I finally did a Visa chargeback after months of him not replying to my messages, even getting to the point where I told him I’d be going through my credit card company if he doesn’t reply. Here is a copy/paste of part of the reply he sent when he realized I escalated and actually followed up on my work to file a claim with my credit card company.

"If you think I'm going to ship you the bebop and leonardo that arrived and are impossible to find anywhere now let alone the thundercats replacement pieces that arrived alongside them after you just cost us a 20$ chargeback fee, screwed us on the payment processing fee, circumvented our support queue, and left us hanging on the in-stock items? I've got some bad news for you.

Your information has been recorded and your account banned until you close this chargeback and reimburse us for the lost funds. Only at that point will I consider fulfilling these items and issuing the replacement pieces."

He’s an unhinged clown. Do whatever you can to get your money back and never use him again. I even forwarded all my correspondence with him to Super7 and they said they were going to take note and escalate on their end, because S7’s records showed that he signed for the shipment at the start of 2021. I was rightfully entitled to the Thundercats replacement parts but he was holding them hostage (and allegedly selling them parted out in stores). Can’t think Super7 was very stoked about that, either.

If the NMC clown is reading this: you’re a joke, buddy.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:05 AM   #20
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Yeah, don't believe any of the bull NMC gives. I've had a few run-in's with him in the past and it never was a good experience. Right now he's blaming Covid for the majority of his "supply issues", but every small retailer is going through the same situation and they are still able to get customers their orders within a reasonable amount of time. The NMC owner has been pulling this crap well before Covid, so don't let him fool you. He's also buying good reviews right now from his customers (using discount promotions etc.) in an effort to remove the negative feedback given by previous customers.

I currently have an order in limbo with him. I waited too long to initiate a chargeback for an order last year for a preorder that was never fulfilled, so after MANY back-and-forth emails with him, I received store credit. I finally decided to use the store credit at the end of July of this year to order something, but he still has not received the item. I'll give him until the end of September and if he doesn't deliver, I'll get Paypal to step in (as I used them this time instead of my credit card, so I have 180 days with PP). I don't feel sympathy for this guy because I know, as a fact, that he is a liar.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote