ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 AM   #951
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Liking this effect piece on the Professor!

Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #952
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
maybe...

if your crazy enough to pay a large markup then who is the real fool ?
This. Period.

If you are willing to over pay by 10 to 20 bucks, you are a sucker. To clarify my stance; I dont think people who buy multiples of the same figure are scalpers as I'm aware of the trade market within the collector community (as well as those like myself who tend to pose their figures for display/photography wanting extras in case of eventual joint wear) but when you buy a figure with the sole purpose of selling it for a gain, that's scalping. When you come across Professor X at toys r us and you see dollar signs instead of "sweet, I'm almost done completing my 90's X Men collection" you might be a scalper.

People are just impatient and tend to be ready and willing to pull the trigger to over pay for a figure because it has alluded them for 2 weeks at retail. I can only really think of a few Legends figures that were near impossible acquiring the last couple years: Mysterio, Thing and Cyclops...and the later did at least see a bit of a re release on sites like amazon for standard pricing.

Hasbro seems to have stepped up their supply and demand game quite a bit. Most of the waves are readily available after about 3 weeks of their initial release date. So unless you have a YouTube channel where you need to post reviews of a figure right away to get as many views as possible, just wait it out because 9 times out 10 you're going find the figure in store or online. Stop over paying and the problem will enventually go away, you will still be fighting your fellow collectors to get the figures but at least the secondary market will fade away some.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 03-18-2019 at 12:23 PM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #953
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

^ fair points

i think the scalping game on whatever level it may be has like you said become an issue because of people's lack of patience and the quest for instant gratification. but all too often i'm seeing when a product even if it's 1 or 2 per store sell out, it's never other collectors getting there first...it's always "scalpers"...like come on seriously ?! paranoia much ?! or even others being called out (myself included) for buying more than 1

we're all guilty of trying to get these toys as fast as humanly possible, but it's a trait the community can improve upon for sure by using the already existing network here in place, that's not to say there aren't a few rotten apples or selfish/jealous people here, but overall this place is interested in helping others.

and let's be honest, if the hobby is stressing you out (speaking generally)...maybe take a break or find another hobby, it's supposed to be enjoyable

Last edited by sixshot1981; 03-18-2019 at 04:38 PM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #954
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
^ fair points

i think the scalping game on whatever level it may be has like you said become an issue because of people's lack of patience and the quest for instant gratification. but all too often i'm seeing when a product even if it's 1 or 2 per store sell out, it's never other collectors getting there first...it's always "scalpers"...like come on seriously ?! paranoia much ?! or even others being called out (myself included) for buying more than 1

we're all guilty of trying to get these toys as fast as humanly possible, but it's a trait the community can improve upon for sure by using the already existing network here in place, that's not to say there aren't a few rotten apples or selfish/jealous people here, but overall this place is interested in helping others.

and let's be honest, if the hobby is stressing you out...maybe take a break or find another hobby, it's supposed to be enjoyable
I agree 100%, just because an item is sold out in a store it doesn't mean scalpers bought it up. Could have easily been one of the other like minded collectors in your town....or it could have been a dirty rotten scalper, who's to say?

I can also vouch for this place being very helpful. I've had users in my area (people I don't even know) DM me when they know I'm looking for something and offer to sell it to me at cost, or tell me a fresh case was just put out at a walmart in my area. This community is generally pretty great, we all butt heads at some point or another but that's probably a symptom of being over grown children who are passionate about toys.

This hobby used to stress me out because people would post a sighting at 10am and by the time I was done work the store would be sold out. I will openly admit I have over paid these scoundrels in the past when I thought all hope is lost (only to see that figure 3 weeks later swinging on the pegs at a local store). I now embrace the philosophy of: If I want at least half a wave, I pre order the entire wave. If I only want one or two of the figures I roll the dice and hope I find them at some point. I generally don't collect movie figures which also helps cuz if the BAF is a movie fig I wont buy the whole wave, and generally the movie waves only have 2 or 3 comic based figures.

We as a community need to just accept the fact that scalpers are out there, and that many of them are probably active on this site. We need to try our best to resist the urges to overpay for something that will probably fall into our laps sooner than later.

Hasbro seems to be releasing more Legends than they have ever released in a calendar year for 2019. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time. Hopefully the rapid fire release schedule may be enough to deter some people trying to make a quick buck.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #955
random11
Convention Exclusive

There are a number of miscellaneous marvel legends that are up on amazon for $11-$16. Could be good for price matching the waves at other stores (sometimes toys r us will let you price match an entire wave based on a single listing).
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #956
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Too funny. I finally bit the bullet on that lady deadpool and xmen deadpool to complete my Suaron last week for 15 bucks a piece....thanks amazon! Lmao
Old 03-19-2019, 10:06 PM   #957
tfHunter
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Too funny. I finally bit the bullet on that lady deadpool and xmen deadpool to complete my Suaron last week for 15 bucks a piece....thanks amazon! Lmao
Yep, just bit the bullet on those 2 as well today (about 13 each), only I don't have all the pieces to sauron. I just wanted to get my Deadpool corps going since I just got Pool/Scooter a week and a half ago and am loving that figure.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:02 AM   #958
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

The domino figure is amazing, get it
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:34 AM   #959
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote