ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #131
Galactic Hitchhiker
High-functioning Toy Nerd
Re: Up-And-Coming Clone Wars Figures

Republic Shuttle pics: Jedi Insider got the goods...

http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?m...ze=600&start=0
Galactic Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #132
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ Nice! Thanks for sharing GH!

What a beauty!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #133
Galactic Hitchhiker
High-functioning Toy Nerd

Yeah, I'll be buying it. Apparently, I have about 7 or 8 months to figure out where I'm going to put it.

I understand all of the economics that make a smaller scale necessary, but I still wish it was even 20% larger.
Galactic Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #134
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

As with my Vintage Collection First Pictures news thread, we also have some pictoral updates today for you Clone Wars fans thanks to our friends over at Sandtroopers.com....

Feast your eyes on the first of four pictoral updates headed our way in the form of loose shots of the Target Exclusive Clone Commando and Geonosian 2-pack, a highly anticipated set said to be a Must Own in any Clone Wars collection!

Thanks, Sandtroopers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_3.jpg (35.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1_1.jpg (27.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1_4.jpg (30.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1_2.jpg (47.9 KB, 1 views)

Facebook
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #135
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Today's Clone Wars pictoral update comes from Sandtroopers.com and is of the K-Mart Exclusive Clone Captain Lock. Nothing really all that special with this one, he's basically a slightly modified green deco Commander Cody, but I do like the paint scheme here and will probably be picking this one up next time I head down to the States or over evil-bay.

Thanks to Stormtroopers.com for the great shots! Much appreciated!

What do you guys think of this one, honestly?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_1.jpg (44.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2_2.jpg (26.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2_3.jpg (17.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2_4.jpg (15.2 KB, 0 views)

Facebook
Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #136
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Our next Clone Wars pictoral update comes in the form of Bounty Hunter El-Les. Fan's will recognize this awesome character from the Season 3 opener of the Clone Wars - Cadets.

El-Les comes complete with a blaster rifle, blaster pistol, working holster and the same chance cube and game card pieces needed for the new Star Wars battle matt game!

I am really excited for this one, how about you guys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3_1.jpg (46.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3_2.jpg (37.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3_3.jpg (23.7 KB, 3 views)

Facebook
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #137
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Our latest Clone Wars 2011 pictoral update is of Jedi Barriss Offee, who includes a beautiful soft-goods cloak, her lightsaber and the ever popular Geonosian Brain Worms from Season 2's Landing at Point Rain story arc that started off on Geonosis! It's a beautiful figure that shows Hasbro really knows how to make some awesome female Jedi figures for their Clone Wars line!

Thanks to Sandtroopers.com for the pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4_1.jpg (64.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 4_2.jpg (18.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 4_3.jpg (26.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 4_4.jpg (26.7 KB, 5 views)

Facebook
Old 02-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #138
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Got some real nice Clone Wars figure updates today thanks to our friends over at Rebel Scum! Today's updates give us the goods from Wave 8 of the popular Clone Wars toyline and feature 2 upgraded figures, a repainted droid, and an all-new clone trooper...all brought to life in the animated style! So sit back and enjoy! And thanks to Rebel Scum for the awesome shots!

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Jedi Master gets an all-new updated figure which reflects this new look in Season 3. While he still has the armored gauntlets as before, the rest of his Jedi outfit, the new design is closer to how he appeared in Revenge of the Sith.

This figure is actually a bit of a step backwards. Since there have been a few upgrades in this line recently, with added articulation and soft goods, it's a bit odd to see such a major character lacking these features. Not that this detracts in any way the visual of the figure. It's a spot-on likeness to how Obi-Wan looks in the series. Obi-Wan comes with his trusty lightsaber, ready to face off against villains old and new.

Clone Trooper Hevy (Training Armor) - The highlight of this wave is the new Clone Trooper Training Armor for Hevy, a popular clone character. This armor was seen in the season 3 premiere episode, where we flashed back to Domino Squad's early days training on Kamino under the under the direction of Sgt. Bric.

The articulation on the figure is less than previous clones, although consistent with many of the latest designs: swivel waist and no ankles. Not that each and every figure needs to have ankles, mind you...but I know fans often complain about these things. The helmet is something of a challenge to fit comfortably on Hevy's head, since he has the buzz-cut hairstyle. But it does fit, and snugly at that.

The deco is clean, which is consistent with what's been done lately, although a "dirty" wash would be VERY appreciated on this figure, since there's a lot of blasting going on in the training arena, so there should be some "carbon scoring" here. Still, the deco that is here is nicely done, with toned down colors and a nice application on the cannon.

Cad Bane (& TODO 360) - The popular bounty hunter from the show gets his third action figure treatment, and there have been a number of upgrades made along the way! Cad now has knee articulation (again, not ankles...I'm seeing a pattern here), and the top part of his coat is removable.

Cad's considerably taller than the previous version, and he has a brand-new head sculpt, which actually looks a lot more realistic than animated style.

As an added bonus, Cad Bane comes complete with his trusty robot sidekick, TODO 360. TODO has a ball-jointed neck, and well...that's it really. But the little droid also sports a cool deco, and even if he's nothing more than an accessory, it's great to have him join the line.

R7-A7 - Finally, here's Ahsoka Tano's droid she uses when flying her Jedi Starfighter during the Battle of Ryloth. This is another astromech droid repaint using the "Goldie" body, which is what you'd expect.

Once again, the deco is very subdued, which makes for a very cool-looking figure. There are no extra accessories, other than the removable middle leg and the flip-open panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (20.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (84.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (90.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg H1.jpg (23.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg H2.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg H3.jpg (91.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C1.jpg (22.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg C2.jpg (81.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C3.jpg (92.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg R7A7.jpg (21.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg R&A&1.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg R7A71.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)

Facebook
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #139
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Toy Fair 2011 had some awesome figures up for preview for us Clone Wars fans. Deluxe, single carded, Battle Packs, each offering something seemingly better than the next! Hasbro was kind enough to show off their wares for 2011 in slideshow format and now, you can view the slides here! Check out some of the pieces Hasbro has in store for Clone Wars fans this year!

Enjoy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (56.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (81.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (74.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (68.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (93.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (53.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (58.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (97.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (66.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (54.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (53.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (57.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (64.1 KB, 3 views)

Facebook
Old 02-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #140
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

It looks like there are a trio of "new" 3-packs coming out for The Clone Wars. These have been spotted in the UK already, and although these photos show a tri-logo packaging, they have also been found in English-only graphics as well. The figures appear to be 100% repacks. Not much else is known right now, but I'll keep everyone posted as more info unfolds.

Thanks to Rebelscum.com for the shots!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (44.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (46.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (54.7 KB, 2 views)

Facebook