ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #171
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon
Re: The LEGO thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinga View Post
Series 11 is out. Surrey WalMart had what looked like three boxes out. No boxes mind you. Lots of Yeti to be found. Popsicle is easy to feel.
crap, was hoping it was gonna wait a little longer. Just picked up some of those kre-o blindpacks, the new mario bros S2 blindpacks and a BTTF set.
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #172
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Series 11 showed up at the TRU in Vancouver today. Got the Yeti and the "Blues Brothers" (had to get 2 Saxophone Players )!

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 08-28-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #173
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

It's the start of Bricktober Month, where TRU has promotions, get's you to blow hundreds of dollars on LEGO all for free items. (Some of which certain AFOLS may not be interested in.)

This year is my first year in participating, and while I'd like to say I can spend the necessary requirements each week, my wallet has suggested that were I to do this it may commit some kind of protest.

That being said, I could not resist.

Besides I've been getting some great finds all of September so far, well ok maybe not 100% great, but I have been making a good bit of headway in adding to my LEGO Mini-Figures collection.

Today I just finished Series 11, nabbed the Sax Player (Man was it hard to track one down.) I have all of Series 11 and 7 doubles so far, can you guess which ones I got doubles of?

Also bought the LEGO City Police Helicopter Poly.

I would have gotten the Seaplane today, but TRU was all out. (They hand them out fast I guess when your limit is 30$ compared to the 75$ it takes to get the Minifigure Collection.)

Finally picked up Eris' Eagle Interceptor from LoC and nabbed the new Friends Advent Calendar because... Well the price per piece ratio is a bit wonky considering what size pieces you're getting, but the unique mini-figs are nice and it was cheaper than the Star Wars one. (Chances are they'll have a 20-25% off LEGO Star Wars sale during Bricktober Month anyway.)

The first collection from this year's Bricktober features a LEGO City Robber, Police Officer, Female Citizen, Female Doctor and Castle Theme Court Jester. Not much in the way of excitement compared to the vintage style Mini-Figs they offered up in 2012, however they've still got some decent torso printing and more females never hurt.

At Costco I picked up LEGO Minifigure Year by Year a Visual History from DK Publishing, the book is excellent, for a rant on my feelings of the LEGO Mini-Figures included with the book please see the TFW2005 LEGO Thread as I have no wish to write a 3000 word essay on the subject again.

Since they were all out of the Seaplane Poly *SIGH* the friendly cashier substitued a Kre-O Poly of the Classic Enterprise from the t-v show. (She also allowed me to pick up a free loose Mini-Figure, which I think is more for the kids who come in during the Mini-Fig swap day... Guess they had leftovers or something that were needed to get rid of.) Picked up a Rebel A-Wing Pilot from the 2013 set.

Anyway, today's first foray into Bricktober month has been fun, just not sure if I'll be able to swing by in order to get the other two Mini-Figure collections, which look to feature some pretty basic figures, however the Astronaut from Vol. 2 and the Wizard from Vol. 3 would definitely be nice to own.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote