ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #11
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com
Re: G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra Figures On Clearance at Zellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Is this Clearance a week long thing or are they trying to get the product out of the store?

I ask because I have woefully not kept up with my RoC collection and since Zellers has them on Clearance I've picked up two of them for 2.09$. And if I can find that price at other Zellers that have a wider selection (Rather than just twelve Neo-Vipers and assorted others.) I'd love to score at least 6-10 more figures on my wants list before they dry up. Or the price goes back to 6.99 or whatever it is.
It can vary store to store, probably depends on sales & inventory.
Although I cringe at the thought.............you can always ask an employee.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
tninjha
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I have woefully not kept up with my RoC collection and since Zellers has them on Clearance I've picked up two of them for 2.09$.
$2 a figure??? Wow, in Niagara they are still going for $6.99
tninjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tninjha View Post
$2 a figure??? Wow, in Niagara they are still going for $6.99
It could have just been a weekend percentage slash deal. Going by the prices I paid the Zellers I got them from had to have slashed the price down 70% from 6.99$

I wish it was a store wide thing, for that kind of bread I could easily spend 30$ on Joe figures and probably pick up Two of each Cobra Trooper thus clearing the shelves of all those excess Neo-Vipers and such.

I think I'll go check out another Zellers today and see if it's not just a Weekend Price Slash and whether or not that Zellers also has them marked down 70% to clear'em out. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find a Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes so Baroness's case can at least have 3 Warheads. (The only Duke I plan on getting is the Impact Armor version I think. I might splurge and get Delta 6 Accellerator Suit Duke too, but that depends on if I find him anywhere still and if he's worth it. I'm trying not to double on anything except maybe two of each Cobra Trooper.)

EDIT: An Update to all of you wondering. Zellers in Winnipeg seems to have instigated a 70% sale from May 14-20 on all Clearance Items. So if you live in Winnipeg and need some Joes check out every Zellers you can. (Except for KP because they're cleaned out. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.)

Last edited by Scrapper6; 05-18-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #14
Robimus
Super Moderator

I picked up Baroness and a couple Nano-Vipers for $2.09 each(after the 70% off discount). As well I got the Combat Heroes Firefly/Bazooka for $1.49 on the same deal.

It definitely looks like the % off varies by store.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #15
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I picked up Baroness and a couple Nano-Vipers for $2.09 each(after the 70% off discount). As well I got the Combat Heroes Firefly/Bazooka for $1.49 on the same deal.

It definitely looks like the % off varies by store.
Nano-Vipers? DANG which Zellers did you find them at?

I think this week's flyer also mentioned the 70% off deal as still being on for storewide clearance items. Since they are renovating their stores they probably want to clear out as much as they can.

Odd though that the Combat Heroes were on discount too, I recall checking them back when I first noticed the 70% off thing and it was still at 4.99$
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duke, snake eyes