ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-02-2020, 12:03 AM   #851
Wintermute
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
They're based in Quebec. People on the Transformers forum have begun to use the site and reported good results so far.
I've only heard good things from people who've ordered from Toy Snowman. A lot of people on a Star Wars Black Series group are very impressed with that store.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #852
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
And that's why we have always been told to stay grounded. Realistically, I'm gambling with Walmart getting it and praying the license to sell are shared across all Canadian retailers. Too damn tired and old for hunting/ chasing these "exclusives".
Hasbro is killing the fun in collecting with all these exclusives lately. I’m in for Rangers, Marvel Legends, Transformers, Star Wars, and GI Joe... and trying to simply track down half the releases is a nightmare this year. Especially for their Amazon exclusives. I feel like this is the year I give up at least one or two of the lines I collect. It’s just exhausting.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #853
maxd72
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Hasbro is killing the fun in collecting with all these exclusives lately. I’m in for Rangers, Marvel Legends, Transformers, Star Wars, and GI Joe... and trying to simply track down half the releases is a nightmare this year. Especially for their Amazon exclusives. I feel like this is the year I give up at least one or two of the lines I collect. It’s just exhausting.
Yeah same for me, I collect the same lines as you, except for G.I. Joe which I was able to resist, but all these exclusives makes it very hard to get or expensive with the shipping. I might drop Power Rangers after I complete the MMPR and Zeo rangers and then Marvel Legends or Star Wars, I love Transformers too much to let this one go, my I will concentrate mainly on this one from now which is a same.
maxd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #854
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxd72 View Post
Yeah same for me, I collect the same lines as you, except for G.I. Joe which I was able to resist, but all these exclusives makes it very hard to get or expensive with the shipping. I might drop Power Rangers after I complete the MMPR and Zeo rangers and then Marvel Legends or Star Wars, I love Transformers too much to let this one go, my I will concentrate mainly on this one from now which is a same.
I too collect all those lines and I agree that it has been an exhausting and upsetting time being a toy collector. I have eased off of some Transformers because of the price and the other lines I'm collecting. Let's just say that toy collecting is not cheap and things add up and when the credit card bill comes in the mail, oh boy!

Can I ask you guys a personal question about Power Rangers? If you don't want to answer it's ok. Do you collect just selective Rangers or do you collect them all? I can say the Con Exclusives are the ones I never get and don't ever think I will get in my collection. For example I have all the Lightning Collection except the SDCC MMPR Red & Zeo Gold set. I'm on the fence with the Putty set, Green Psycho and the Goldar without wings.

I was lucky to find so GI Joes on Clearance for half price. So instead of $30 I got them for just $15 each at Stouffville Walmart. I was at the right place at the right time I guess
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200630_170408.jpg (94.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20200630_170404.jpg (94.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20200630_165938.jpg (98.5 KB, 12 views)
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #855
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Can I ask you guys a personal question about Power Rangers? If you don't want to answer it's ok. Do you collect just selective Rangers or do you collect them all?
So far I’m all in, as far as figures released at general retail. I don’t have the SDCC Gold/Red pack, or the Hasbro Pulse sets, or the Amazon exclusives. (Or Zeo Gold, Timeforce Red or Rangerslayer yet, because of availability.) Going forward, I’ll pick up any figures released from seasons of the show that I enjoyed. There aren’t many that I haven’t liked though.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #856
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Unlike the other lines like Transformers, Star Wars or Marvel, Power Rangers are just so hard to find in Canada. I'm more of a Power Ranger, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel Legends, Ninja Turtle and Harry Potter Collector. But Again, I probably see Power Rangers wave in store once and I never see that wave again.
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:09 AM   #857
Zathereth
Super Friend

Quote:
Can I ask you guys a personal question about Power Rangers? If you don't want to answer it's ok. Do you collect just selective Rangers or do you collect them all? I can say the Con Exclusives are the ones I never get and don't ever think I will get in my collection. For example I have all the Lightning Collection except the SDCC MMPR Red & Zeo Gold set. I'm on the fence with the Putty set, Green Psycho and the Goldar without wings.
I'm only collecting MMPR (+ boom comics additions) and maybe psycho.

I haven't gone out of my way to get the exclusives either. I went to fan expo and didn't even get the SDCC red/gold lol...just because I didn't want the gold ranger.

I probably won't get goldar w/o wings and putty. Maybe in the future I'll get more putty as fodder. But that goldar, I see no reason to. I already have the winged version.
Zathereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #858
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
I too collect all those lines and I agree that it has been an exhausting and upsetting time being a toy collector. I have eased off of some Transformers because of the price and the other lines I'm collecting. Let's just say that toy collecting is not cheap and things add up and when the credit card bill comes in the mail, oh boy!

I was lucky to find so GI Joes on Clearance for half price. So instead of $30 I got them for just $15 each at Stouffville Walmart. I was at the right place at the right time I guess
Similar to Zathereth, I am also only collecting MMPR + Boom series because they are more interlinked. The story do involve other series but I never followed it and financially I can't because I need the funds for other lines: neca Turtles, selective SWBS, scaled back Marvel Legends, selective Transformers and Joe's, and some McFarlane DC because it's slightly more affordable. These are on top of some of the imports and the Mezcos...

Riderman, if you are on the fence about the sdcc exclusive for this year, I watched this and it made the decision for not pursuing the Lord Drakon evo 3? https://youtu.be/cf9bJ6-Zono

If anything, I will chance it and wait for it for the mass release. This is just observing how they are managing this line with their re-release, Goldar and Lord Zedd being examples. I will pick up another Goldar because the Boom series go into clones but that is way off topic.

I have found toy collecting pretty stressful and a bit more demanding than previous. So I have been focusing on customizing for the lines that I am collecting by picking up odd figs on heavy discounts. It gets me concentrate on properties I enjoy and not searching for things to buy. Apologies for the long reply.

Last edited by Superksian; 09-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #859
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

EB Games.ca has the White Dino Thunder Ranger up for order for those that may have missed it and want it.
Tonestar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #860
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper

I started with the intent of just getting the MMPR team. Now it’s them plus their villains plus Zeo plus Boom Comics figures! I almost ordered the Psycho 5-pack just because they look so cool, but I’ve never seen the show they were on so I was able to resist. (For now...if they end up back in stock and discounted, I’ll probably bite)
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote