ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
UltraPrimal
Super Friend
What's the difference between these 2 Cobra Commanders?

I was checking BBTS and they have a sale on GI Joe figures. But I noticed there are 2 different Cobra Commanders.

There's this one:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...04&mode=retail

And then this one:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...22&mode=retail

The second one seems to be exactly like the first one except he has a silver stripe on his helmet and comes with a MASS crystal, yet he's a fraction of the price. Is there some kind of problem with the MASS version I'm not aware of?

Also, any other figures on sale I should pick up?
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
DanM
Aquanaut
Re: What's the difference between these 2 Cobra Commanders?

There's a lot more of that version around as there were three or four almost identical versions released in the year to sixteen months preceding its release, so most collectors were sick of old snake face by that point. Wave 8 was also after the 25th anniversary which means it lacks the silver foil on the packaging that some retailers like to charge a bit more for. I'm not saying BBTS does that, but I've seen others that do. It might just be that they have less of the older release in stock which would also explain the higher price.

As far as other figures, the Hall of Heroes set is up for a really decent price, otherwise it's hard to say without knowing what ya got already.
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

The first was the original release. If you order from BBTS, you may or may not get it with silver foil. It depends. The second was a later release. Hasbro likes to do that with their Joes: re-release with slightly different paint or accessories or both. If you're going to open, just grab the cheaper one. If you prefer the silver foil and want to keep it MOC, I suggest you inquire with them first before you order.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
UltraPrimal
Super Friend

Cool. I went with the cheaper one. It comes with an extra thing and, as far as I can tell, is more "show-accurate" with silver stripe on the helmet. I also ordered Blade Destro (since he's the only "Classics" Destro they have, and I don't have one yet), Tiger Force Duke(same reason as Destro), and Scarlett. I think I might pick up a Beachhead now too.

I already have the 2 Classics 5-packs; Snake Eyes, Lady Jay, Hawk, Flint, Shipwreck, Storm Shadow, Baroness, hooded Cobra Commander, Zartan, and a Cobra Viper guy.

I feel like I should pick up some Cobra Troops too. That set of Desert and Arctic COBRA trooper seems like a pretty good army builder. $34 for 14 figures. That works out to less than $2.50 a figure! Maybe I should get it.

I kind of want to get the Armored Cobra Commander too just because he looks like the Super Shredder equivalent of Cobra Commander. lol And Sgt. Rock & Roll just because I like his name. hehe!

Gah! No! Must not spend more money on figures I haven't even seen the show for. I've only read the Devils Due crossover and watched the live action movie. Maybe I should just buy the box set first.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote