ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 06-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #31
FLINT
Red Shirt
Re: Gi Joe Classified Cobra Island Firefly, Major Bludd & Viper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Why do they keep making BBQ, I have never considered him a popular character, yet Hasbro shows him a lot of love. Why not like any of a million other better characters
This is a very good question.
FLINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #32
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Re: Gi Joe Classified Cobra Island Firefly, Major Bludd & Viper Released in Canada

waiting for the day we get a Tunnel Rat
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #33
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy. It's getting expensive lol. Plus I collect other lines. The GI Joe (and Cobra) roster runs deep so there could be endless figures to come. And that's not even accounting for variants.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #34
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy. It's getting expensive lol. Plus I collect other lines. The GI Joe (and Cobra) roster runs deep so there could be endless figures to come. And that's not even accounting for variants.
I hear you on that. I can't even try to keep up with all the lines going these days, there's so much great product. I've been limiting myself to mostly just Classified and Star Wars Black series and I still already have preorders laid in until December.

I'm not even touching variants yet while there are fresh characters to prioritize (Cobra Commander is the exception here). That said, it's nice to see things moving along with both teams. Cobra has army builders, but the Joes were almost always individuals so nobody looks alike. I think I'm in for any that I can get for this line, even at the expense of other lines.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #35
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy…...
I’d like to get to that point, but being selective of what Classified figures I buy has been forced upon me, lol. Other than passing on Cobra Island Roadblock, I haven’t even seen another Cobra Island Classified regular figure available to purchase. I was lucky enough to finally get a Baroness w/COIL, but that’s it for a Cobra Island figure so far.
So this line has been pretty easy on my wallet since I haven’t had the chance to purchase a decent amount of the figures I do want to buy.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #36
seancuthbertca
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
I’d like to get to that point, but being selective of what Classified figures I buy has been forced upon me, lol. Other than passing on Cobra Island Roadblock, I haven’t even seen another Cobra Island Classified regular figure available to purchase. I was lucky enough to finally get a Baroness w/COIL, but that’s it for a Cobra Island figure so far.
So this line has been pretty easy on my wallet since I haven’t had the chance to purchase a decent amount of the figures I do want to buy.
Exactly, I bought all of the first wave and will be selling some of them eventually, I've lost interesting in some of those characters. And the subsequent waves have had abysmal distribution, with a couple of exceptions, so if I don't see them, I don't buy them.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #37
athanato
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancuthbertca View Post
Exactly, I bought all of the first wave and will be selling some of them eventually, I've lost interesting in some of those characters. And the subsequent waves have had abysmal distribution, with a couple of exceptions, so if I don't see them, I don't buy them.
I've given up on the line and every other line where distribution is abysmal. If it's not on shelf I'm not getting it, these companies are only hurting their sales and reputations in the long run. The irony is that you can find them on the shelves in the US.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:28 PM   #38
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

There seems to be a lot of Major Bludds made this time based on pics of some Targets in the States. Hopefully that bodes well for TRUs here, but knowing our luck those extra Major Bludds aren’t the result of upping production, but might be Targets getting the bulk of the allotment that was supposed to go to Canadian TRUs…..
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #39
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

many of these posts sound like the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:31 PM   #40
Soundwave85
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
many of these posts sound like the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic
You spelled "action figure collector" wrong lmao
Soundwave85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bludd, classified, cobra, firefly, island, major, viper