ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #6091
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I'm shocked that Dark Phoenix sold out. When she was a 2-pack TRU exclusive, I recall that the set lingered around so long that TRU had to have a big 30% off sale to clear it out.

Didn't people get their DP back then? I know the new one has pinless joints but otherwise it's the same head and accessory, which made her a skip for me.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #6092
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm shocked that Dark Phoenix sold out. When she was a 2-pack TRU exclusive, I recall that the set lingered around so long that TRU had to have a big 30% off sale to clear it out.

Didn't people get their DP back then? I know the new one has pinless joints but otherwise it's the same head and accessory, which made her a skip for me.
Not picking up that set was so dumb on my part
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:31 PM   #6093
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Quote:

That came out 5 years ago. Lots of new collectors (like me) need her for the collection and haven't had the opportunity to get her until now, without paying high eBay prices.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:34 PM   #6094
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
That came out 5 years ago. Lots of new collectors (like me) need her for the collection and haven't had the opportunity to get her until now, without paying high eBay prices.
Exactly. Same here.

Also, there's bound to be lots of scalpers since the original figure does cost so much on ebay.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #6095
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Good point. New folks coming into the hobby all the time, especially with the return of the animated series expected to bring in a newer generation of X-fans.

I do think though that this Dark Phoenix won't be the last or best release of her. I fully expect that once TAS comes back, Hasbro will do some kind of Dark Phoenix deluxe set which will include the large fiery flame bird prop which I think was last done by ToyBiz. And of course, being Hasbro, they'll charge $130CAN for it...
Old 10-03-2022, 02:38 PM   #6096
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Damn I really wanted to preorder Spiral from Gamestop. I have it preordered with Amazon but I no longer consider Amazon reliable. There really is an incredibly short window of time to order on Gamestop's website.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #6097
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Call your local store asap with the SKU.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #6098
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:

I never saw that set when it came out at any TRU around me, but I also at the original time just wanted Jean and not Cyclops, so I passed a few times from other retailers, but Dark Phoenix goes for insane prices on the market, so never got her, saw it once for 350 at a Con and laughed....

but yeah I knew she was going to be sold out quick, because of that, Spiral and MM don't surprise me either, guess I'll wait to see if there is a second crack at em, or try elsewhere.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #6099
Napseeker
Dark Knight

With the way Hasbro is reusing those X-Men sculpts, I think you'll probably get even another chance at Dark Phoenix once they release her as a cel-shaded TAS figure (if you aren't opposed to the cel-shaded look).
Old 10-03-2022, 03:34 PM   #6100
Enforcer
Dark Knight

I also don't think these will be impossible to get upon release. I think GameStop is learning their lesson on overselling on pre-orders - I've had a few go unfulfilled that I knew would be popular, and I know a LOT of people were in the same boat.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote