ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-11-2022, 04:14 PM   #6151
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Just so you know, TRU will NOT be accepting returns on any figures from the following lines from now going forward :
Marvel Legends, Transformers, GI Joe, Mcfarlane DC Multiverse, Masters of the Universe, Star Wars Black Series and WWE/AEW just to name a few as they fall under their Action & Collector category and it is in their policy now.
So please keep that in mind when you purchase from there now.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #6152
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Just so you know, TRU will NOT be accepting returns on any figures from the following lines from now going forward :
Marvel Legends, Transformers, GI Joe, Mcfarlane DC Multiverse, Masters of the Universe, Star Wars Black Series and WWE/AEW just to name a few as they fall under their Action & Collector category and it is in their policy now.
So please keep that in mind when you purchase from there now.
First, it is not in their polocy online. And please don't tell them to update it.

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/help?fid=returns

Second, they cannot retroactively alter their return policy for previous purchases. So whatever was purchased before this new "policy" they must still take back.

Third, this hasn't filtered down to all stores yet, so if you have something to return, do it now.

Fourth, fuck Toys R Us.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:30 PM   #6153
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
First, it is not in their polocy online. And please don't tell them to update it.

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/help?fid=returns

Second, they cannot retroactively alter their return policy for previous purchases. So whatever was purchased before this new "policy" they must still take back.

Third, this hasn't filtered down to all stores yet, so if you have something to return, do it now.

Fourth, fuck Toys R Us.
It's also nonsense, since that doesnt include Power Rangers lightning series which is on the same level as Masterverse, Black Series, marvel legends ect. And it ignores all those collector action figures in the collector action figure area, plus all the ReAction figures. Looks like whereever this info came from they are spewing out whatever comes to mind first with nothing official.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:45 PM   #6154
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Yikes. Other retailers will likely adopt this too. Amazon and Walmart is running rampant with swaps.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #6155
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Yikes. Other retailers will likely adopt this too. Amazon and Walmart is running rampant with swaps.
I was talking to a manager at GameStop about returns for the new closed boxes, and he mentioned that GameStop is going to start having no returns for them.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #6156
philtastic
Master of the Universe

So I think the line in question on the return policy page is this:

"All returns are subject to Store Management discretion."

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there this morning. Regardless, the return policy has to be clear at the time of sale in regards to any "final sale" items.

Either way, TRU is pretty much dead to me, and I hope they follow their US cousins into bankruptcy. Hopefully that way their exclusives will got to GameStop in Canada.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #6157
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
So I think the line in question on the return policy page is this:

"All returns are subject to Store Management discretion."

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there this morning. Regardless, the return policy has to be clear at the time of sale in regards to any "final sale" items.

Either way, TRU is pretty much dead to me, and I hope they follow their US cousins into bankruptcy. Hopefully that way their exclusives will got to GameStop in Canada.
The no-returns effectively kills me ever getting the windowless boxes from here on out. I've already cut down on my purchases, but seeing that I was nervous to open RYV (which thankfully I got my figures), I'd hate to feel that way with every purchase.

I've already seen a lot of side tapes tampered with in Gamestop, Walmart, and TRU too, which would've dissuaded any purchases I would've made. The worst part about all of this is that people saw this coming a MILE away and Hasbro still doubled down on the packaging.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:48 PM   #6158
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I was talking to a manager at GameStop about returns for the new closed boxes, and he mentioned that GameStop is going to start having no returns for them.
I wonder if really crappy paint apps or face printing would be considered a defect and subject to return and/or replacement. Before these plastic free boxes we could at least see if there were any visible issues. Now we're buying final sale blind boxes?!? This is all very consumer unfriendly and will make me have to reconsider what I collect.
Mudflap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #6159
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I wonder if really crappy paint apps or face printing would be considered a defect and subject to return and/or replacement. Before these plastic free boxes we could at least see if there were any visible issues. Now we're buying final sale blind boxes?!? This is all very consumer unfriendly and will make me have to reconsider what I collect.
I can understand them not wanting to take back figures that are swaps, but if you are able to prove you have the figures pictured on the box but that it came with the wrong accessories, or the paint is fucked up, then they hopefully let you exchange it at least.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:28 PM   #6160
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
I can understand them not wanting to take back figures that are swaps, but if you are able to prove you have the figures pictured on the box but that it came with the wrong accessories, or the paint is fucked up, then they hopefully let you exchange it at least.
Then they'll say paint apps are not a valid reason for returns, which places like NECA already say in their direct sales. But at least NECA has windows, so you can see before opening.

And really, it'll end up like trading cards. But part of the whole point of trading cards is the surprise. Also, it's accepted that you're buying a random pack. Also, cards don't cost $40 a pack (at retail).