ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 10-19-2022, 12:07 AM   #601
MC Culla
Cobra Trooper
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

I looked at the Eternia play set on Mattel Creations and they want $1070 CDN for it when the US price is $550 USD. This converts to $753 CDN. Where are they getting the extra $317 from? This doesn't include shipping. I cannot stop the site from redirecting to "Canadian" prices whereas in previous years (months even) it had all been in USD, even when shipping to Canada. What a ripoff for Canadians!
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:16 AM   #602
MC Culla
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
I looked at the Eternia play set on Mattel Creations and they want $1070 CDN for it when the US price is $550 USD. This converts to $753 CDN. Where are they getting the extra $317 from? This doesn't include shipping. I cannot stop the site from redirecting to "Canadian" prices whereas in previous years (months even) it had all been in USD, even when shipping to Canada. What a ripoff for Canadians!
$1211.40 all in with shipping and taxes to Canada! $606.95 USD when shipped to a US address. No taxes charged for the US address. Converts to $834.00 CDN. What a joke Mattel.

They didn't use to do this gouging as recently as SDCC 2022 as I bought stuff in USD and had it shipped to Canada. Sucks for Canadians and Mattel Creations exclusives going forward.
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:56 AM   #603
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Good grief that is an insane price for what the product is.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #604
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

New Eternia He-Man, Skeletor, Revelation classic Teela, and Revelation Mer-Man are currently up on Walmart.ca for $35 if anyone still needs them.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 04:02 PM   #605
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Winners has Masterverse waves (various figs per store from what I've seen here). $7.99.

I saw Stinkor, Fisto, Skeletor, and Andra. There is only English on the packaging.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:28 AM   #606
cerhit
Red Shirt

Has any one seen the Roton in Canada or online that is in Stock? Wal-mart and Amazon are sold out and I highly drought it will be restocked. I do not want to got the E-bay or 3rd party Amazon route.
If I have to bite the bullet then so be it, but I want to try to get it cheaper before paying double.
cerhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:32 PM   #607
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I'm currently down in Florida and have been checking out a few Wal-Marts and Targets. Not much of anything MOTU Origins at the Targets besides the Target Exclusive Sun Man 3 pack, which I have no interest in. One Wal-Mart had nothing Origins. The other Wal-Mart just had the Jit-Su wave in terms of basic figures but they did have 4 deluxe figures. Snout-Spout, Leech, Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. They also had Rotons. I got a Mosquitor and Scare Glow from Amazon.com. Had to overpay of course for Scare Glow. Didn't realize they were re-releasing wave 2. Apparently they've started showing up at Targets in the States. I haven't seen any figures from the Webstor or King Randor waves yet. Seems like you have to pay $40 plus US to get a Webstor figure. Don't know why that figure is in such short supply. Hopefully they re-release that wave.

Has anyone seen figures from the Webstor or King Randor waves in Canadian Wal-Marts? Or Snout-Spouts and Leech? It looks like the Rattlor wave is going to start showing up in the states in early December. Hopefully those figures won't be a pain to find in Canada. You never know with this line.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:49 PM   #608
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
Has anyone seen figures from the Webstor or King Randor waves in Canadian Wal-Marts? Or Snout-Spouts and Leech? It looks like the Rattlor wave is going to start showing up in the states in early December. Hopefully those figures won't be a pain to find in Canada. You never know with this line.
Canada is really random when it comes to this line.
None of those have been found.
And instead, I came here to post a sighting for MOTU Origins wave 6 which was not found in the past and thought to have been skipped.

This wave includes LOP Beastman, Stinker, green teela and webstor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221127_141151.jpg (92.1 KB, 20 views)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:53 PM   #609
4lott
Master of the Universe

I can confirm that the Webstor wave has also shown up in a Walmart north of Laval
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:25 PM   #610
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Nice! Hopefully they'll be in decent supply.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote