ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-09-2022, 01:00 PM   #1461
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I guess the real question is...is there regulation in place that can investigate these concerns and decide if things are within a reasonable standard.

While we mention inflation, we cannot forget the cost of materials and shipping etc...these all contribute...but what is beneficial is there is open access to their revenue reports and if we can accuse places like Loblaw Ltd of price gouging they should be able to determine Hasbro and the like and hopefully we can see these places getting called on to the carpet to explain their potential profiteering off of the current economic environment.
You're right shipping and cost of materials contribute but Hasbro has been the only toy company that I've seen damage controlling their price increases like they do. Hasbro knows they are over charging and they know the product they're giving us doesn't reflect the price otherwise they wouldn't be damage controlling every time there's a "price increase". Other toy companies that have only needed to increase prices minimally haven't had to go to such lengths because they know they are still offering a product that is reflective of what you're paying.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:18 PM   #1462
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
tsm delivered this morning
Nice, hopefully means not too much longer til A3U should get their stock too.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #1463
MaverickCSX
Red Shirt

Got my pick up notification today from CMD for Storm SHadow, Spirit and Cobra Officer ...
MaverickCSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #1464
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
You're right shipping and cost of materials contribute but Hasbro has been the only toy company that I've seen damage controlling their price increases like they do. Hasbro knows they are over charging and they know the product they're giving us doesn't reflect the price otherwise they wouldn't be damage controlling every time there's a "price increase". Other toy companies that have only needed to increase prices minimally haven't had to go to such lengths because they know they are still offering a product that is reflective of what you're paying.
For sure. Agreed 100%. My post was more to the point of if they keep doing this we should be able to tell if they are gouging us or not and to what degree like with Loblaws.

It would be interesting to see
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:10 PM   #1465
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Dr. Mindbender is available for preorder at GameStop by phone or instore

SKU 770520
$69.99
I called my store and they said pre order was not allowed at this time. Any ideas why?
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #1466
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
I called my store and they said pre order was not allowed at this time. Any ideas why?
In-store pre-orders usually end when the release date is near. Check the website on the release date for in-store availability in your area.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:19 PM   #1467
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
In-store pre-orders usually end when the release date is near. Check the website on the release date for in-store availability in your area.
Arghh, so I am just a couple of days late putting my pre order and it really is coming soon. Scumbags will Hoover these up and re sell on Craigslist
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #1468
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Arghh, so I am just a couple of days late putting my pre order and it really is coming soon. Scumbags will Hoover these up and re sell on Craigslist
EB Games seems to have their new stock out Thursday morning (at least, around here they do). You could try calling around to a few places at opening on Thursday and ask them to put it aside for you. That's how I managed to get Zartan...
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:21 PM   #1469
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Depending on how the crew at your local store is you could always give them your number and ask them to call you when it comes in. I have had them do that for plenty of things. Of course how effective that is depends on who receives the product and who shelves it, but it might help.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:07 PM   #1470
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I know last year GameStop jumped the gun on the exclusives and had to pull them back (the ones they didn't already sell). Could they really do it again this year?

I mean they haven't announced anything about Mindbender at all yet, and he is clearly an exclusive. Could he be a surprise retailer exclusive? If he is some con/Hascon exclusive it would be way too early to be coming out this month.

I guess we will see soon.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote