ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-07-2022, 08:25 PM   #1941
Rj64
Agent of Shield
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

I thought the walmart snake eyes was the same as the one in the pack that came with Timber, the first release. It looks a bit different. Are they actually different figures? The one with Timber looks more like heavy gear, outdoor appropriate. The walmart one looks more like the retro. I wanted one more like the retro so preordered this in case.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:42 PM   #1942
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
I thought the walmart snake eyes was the same as the one in the pack that came with Timber, the first release. It looks a bit different. Are they actually different figures? The one with Timber looks more like heavy gear, outdoor appropriate. The walmart one looks more like the retro. I wanted one more like the retro so preordered this in case.
Retro Snakes Eyes is the new Stalker. The 2-pack was Beachhead's body.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:06 PM   #1943
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I noticed the retro Snake Eyes doesn't have the shin guards like the prior releases.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:04 AM   #1944
Zanth
Super Friend

Thank you for the Walmart links!
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #1945
Realboss
Super Friend

Lt. Falcon was one of my favourite characters from that time and was excited he was getting the classified treatment but when I saw the figure I have to say I'm very disappointed. His accessories are awesome but his head sculpt of the Team America marionette I hate. It's creepy and just plain bad. I've tried to convince myself to get the figure and just swap the head but there is something weird with the body as well. So sadly I'm passing on one of my all time favorites.
Realboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:30 PM   #1946
Realboss
Super Friend

Python Patrol BATS are up on the TRU website. Home and in store.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #1947
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realboss View Post
Python Patrol BATS are up on the TRU website. Home and in store.
All gone online.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:52 PM   #1948
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

I know someone brought it up in another thread, but when I returned an extra Outback today (I got one a few days ago with their $50 coupon code to save some money), they had 2 employees examine the box (I thought they were going to get a magnifying glass out).

Then one CS told me that 'I could return it this time', but that soon they wouldn't be taking any returns on action figures.

Whether this was just a line, or it is something coming down the pipe soon with TRU, it does not look good for consumers who have legitimate returns.

I am not even going to bother mentioning the windowless packaging. Hasbro LOVES double taping now, so if you buy something double taped which still has a window, never opened it, and try to return it, you may be OOL in the future.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #1949
Alphahunter
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
I know someone brought it up in another thread, but when I returned an extra Outback today (I got one a few days ago with their $50 coupon code to save some money), they had 2 employees examine the box (I thought they were going to get a magnifying glass out).

Then one CS told me that 'I could return it this time', but that soon they wouldn't be taking any returns on action figures.

Whether this was just a line, or it is something coming down the pipe soon with TRU, it does not look good for consumers who have legitimate returns.

I am not even going to bother mentioning the windowless packaging. Hasbro LOVES double taping now, so if you buy something double taped which still has a window, never opened it, and try to return it, you may be OOL in the future.
Someone in a Transformers thread posted a picture of a sign they have up at TRU that said all collectibles are final sale. It included Pops GI Joe Transformers and more.
Alphahunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #1950
Realboss
Super Friend

Wow. The death of Toys R Us. Walmart and Amazon return without question.