ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 10-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #11
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
I know the feeling. And if i grab more then one i don't want to be spotted by another collecter or have to argue with someone. Having to justify my actions isn't something i should have to do nor want to do. The thing is if your intensions are good then get as many as you want. People are allowed to buy 20 troopers if they want to. Yes it sucks for everyone else but thats the world.. some people get what they want and some don't.. If you got their first and you have the chance to take what you want then do it. There is no law that says you can't.

Im feeling the itch to grab a couple more just because i'd love to have 3 next to ahsoka and rex. Just the visual of it would look amazing. Whats another $70 right? fml.
Yeah lol that's what happened with me. Grabbed two, started visualizing some cool displays with the Ahsoka and grabbed 2 more. Honestly I'd say go for it. If you don't now it's gonna be harder down the road. Plus Clones always appreciate in value and especially even more now with these guys being WM exclusives. It's a good investment in my opinion.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-08-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:36 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
My local Walmart just put out the case of 6 today. Only went for 2 then debated about getting another.. and ended up leaving with 4. Normally I feel bad about taking more than 1 figure(especially for exclusives) and try to leave some to others but I had some cool ideas in my head for a display. Plus if I did leave more a scalper likely would have cleaned it out anyway and resold it online.
Honestly, even if you only wanted 1, if you see them and can afford it I’d say buy them all and sell them at cost to fellow collectors. I’ve already seen one asshat scalper in my area with it listed for $85 on Kijiji, so better if we start buying them out so they can’t. That’s pretty much going to be my philosophy moving forward, especially when the Mandos show up.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:44 PM   #13
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Honestly, even if you only wanted 1, if you see them and can afford it I’d say buy them all and sell them at cost to fellow collectors. I’ve already seen one asshat scalper in my area with it listed for $85 on Kijiji, so better if we start buying them out so they can’t. That’s pretty much going to be my philosophy moving forward, especially when the Mandos show up.
Yeah that’s a good point. Better to grab what you can and help a few fellows out, than to let someone sell them for 60% or more in some cases.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #14
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Damn.. i wouldn't be against paying someone $10-$15 more for a figure only because its a sure thing especially ifs its already gone from all stores. The extra cost is like a finders fee type deal. Id probably save as much on gas by not going onthe hunt but $85? Thats getting a bit out of hand.. especially when its still sort of available at retail. I can understand that price once its time on the shelves is long and passed.

Damn i remember when Heavy Mando started restocking at TRU all of a sudden they started showing up for sale on FB and Kijiji and the image photo was the dude still holding the thing in his car. LMAO. what a SOB. but the idea was the they were praying on the people that didn't know they were stocked at TRU and then end up paying the scalper $20 more for it.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:50 PM   #15
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Attitude is certainly much different here than a few years ago when I bought 3 Mace Windu's and people wanted my head... Cause buying them 3 weeks before Christmas as 1 for me and 2 for gifts was totally unconsiable lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:03 PM   #16
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Well if a scalper took the last 2 on the peg from the WM I got it from he's gonna be not too pleased. The paint QC on the helmet was just atrocious on them. Trust me you guys would have left'em there like I did.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #17
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
The extra cost is like a finders fee type deal. Id probably save as much on gas by not going onthe hunt but $85? Thats getting a bit out of hand...
There’s one on there right now for $100. A friend and I are contemplating making fake email accounts just to screw with these people and flood their Kijiji messages with spam. Hates the Scalpers, we do. HATES THEM PRECIOUS! Gollum, Gollum...
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #18
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Attitude is certainly much different here than a few years ago when I bought 3 Mace Windu's and people wanted my head... Cause buying them 3 weeks before Christmas as 1 for me and 2 for gifts was totally unconsiable lol
Well the difference is that for display purposes 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 clones isn't unheard of. But how is displaying three maces next to each other make any sense? That's the idea.. If a saw a guy walking out with 5 vaders i'd be pissed.. but if he was walking out with 5 clones i can't say much cause some people want alot of them. I myself have 1 but im even considering getting 2 more because of how i want to display them.

Walking out with 4 clones or 4 ahsokas is very different.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #19
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
There’s one on there right now for $100. A friend and I are contemplating making fake email accounts just to screw with these people and flood their Kijiji messages with spam. Hates the Scalpers, we do. HATES THEM PRECIOUS! Gollum, Gollum...
LMAO.. if a fellow collector was out there and he snagged them all up and sold each one for a $5 profit on top id be ok with that.. collecting isn't cheap and if helping others helps you too then why not. Especially if by doing so you are cutting off the scalpers. But then there are people that don't even collect but stay in the know for profit reasons only and those people can burn in the pits of mordor. lmao
Old 10-08-2020, 11:00 PM   #20
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Well the difference is that for display purposes 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 clones isn't unheard of. But how is displaying three maces next to each other make any sense? That's the idea.. If a saw a guy walking out with 5 vaders i'd be pissed.. but if he was walking out with 5 clones i can't say much cause some people want alot of them. I myself have 1 but im even considering getting 2 more because of how i want to display them.

Walking out with 4 clones or 4 ahsokas is very different.
It’s a tricky line. If it’s a hard to find figure, it’s understandable if people are upset over someone having 3-5. Do we really need one to open, one to display and one to hide away? BUT, if it’s that persons money, then who are we to dictate how they spend anything?
I myself always army build, but I try and source from online retailers instead of in store, so people on the hunt have figures to buy. Everyone’s a little different.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ahsoka, clone, trooper