ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-23-2022, 01:22 PM   #181
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

I'm pretty sure this is NOT allowed for retailers to do this. Someone should post this on Neca's twitter or contact them about this. Distributors shouldn't be selling to this guy.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:30 PM   #182
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

There's nothing stating what price a retailer must sell something for. It's just a suggested retail price (that's what the S in MSRP stands for).

He can set whatever price he wants. It's up to the consumer to decide if that's what they want to pay or if they should buy elsewhere.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:39 PM   #183
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
There's nothing stating what price a retailer must sell something for. It's just a suggested retail price (that's what the S in MSRP stands for).

He can set whatever price he wants. It's up to the consumer to decide if that's what they want to pay or if they should buy elsewhere.
Of course retailers can set their own price but it doesn't mean manufacturers like it when retailers do. I mean what's the point of buying from the manufacturer if you're not going to sell for retail? Most times the reason why sellers sell for above MSRP is because they had to buy it at a higher price due to having to go through a middle man which is clearly not the case for this guy.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-23-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #184
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Honestly, manufacturers don't care. They already got the retailers money.

The only time they might care is if you misrepresent the manufacturer and make it look like the manufacturer is the one doing something negative such as saying the reason you are raising the prices is because the manufacturer raised the prices when they haven't had any price increases.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:28 PM   #185
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Honestly, manufacturers don't care. They already got the retailers money.

The only time they might care is if you misrepresent the manufacturer and make it look like the manufacturer is the one doing something negative such as saying the reason you are raising the prices is because the manufacturer raised the prices when they haven't had any price increases.
Well that's unfortunate then.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #186
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

A relatively short video worth sharing with anybody you know that is considering NMC Toys: https://youtu.be/MNf2PNzqsYk
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:16 PM   #187
Mr_Flibble
Red Shirt

Hmm, I have a preorder with them for a Black Series Wedge Helmet that has been paid for since April 2021. I've tried contacting a couple times to inquire if this is still on its way but never heard back. Am I SOL on this?
Mr_Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:35 PM   #188
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Flibble View Post
Hmm, I have a preorder with them for a Black Series Wedge Helmet that has been paid for since April 2021. I've tried contacting a couple times to inquire if this is still on its way but never heard back. Am I SOL on this?
Gamestop Canada has the release date on their webpage of May 2021. If you haven't gotten yet, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #189
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Just makes me laugh what his excuse is there.

Hasbro has filled it's entire quota of orders. My money is on he never ordered any.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:47 AM   #190
cloud
Master of the Universe

I used tp gove NMC the benefit of doubt because my owing items were NECA stuff. But slowly I noticed some Hasbro items and now Super7, McFarlane toys, etc. He is behind with stock arrvals to a point that I don't think he is able to fulfill orders unltess he gets stock from other stores.
THe fact that he has excuses to not answer emails. Not give people answers. Gets upset that people ask him about stuff that they ordered.... It's just a bunch of BS.
Oh and don't comment on his social media or he will block you for harassing his customers or him.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote