ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield
Import site recommendations/reviews

I'm actually making this beause I wanna know if anyone's dealt with Global Freaks - https://www.global-freaks.com/en/

Also curious about nin-nin game and their shipping speed - https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/

If this thread goes on, I'd like it to be a hub of Canadian experiences with various sites: pricing, import costs, shipping methods, etc.

Considering how limited shipping options were from the pandemic then tryna get stuff from AmiAmi and dealing with DHL, It would be nice to get a better handle from other people who buy imports into Canada. EMS recently became available again so things seem to be improving.
StaticShin27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:43 PM   #2
ghostlurk29
Mutant
Re: Import site recommendations/reviews

I'm partial to amazon.co.jp for general releases. You pay what's on the order summary, no surprise handling fees or taxes at the door. Plus, they price-protect preorders. Only downside is preorders often can't be cancelled after 30ish days, and they don't pack items securely.

I use nin-nin-game for p-bandai exclusives. Prices are fine when preordering, but they'll definitely hike-up the price of an in-stock exclusive. My orders shipped through Fedex, who have additional, unadvertised handling fees.

Last edited by ghostlurk29; 11-22-2022 at 11:46 PM.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:52 AM   #3
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Anime-export is good for p Bandai. Hobbysearch 1999 is another option for standard releases. I've heard good things about global freaks on other boards although Never ordered from them myself.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #4
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

The only downside to Anime-Export is that if they mess up good luck getting a reply from them. Otherwise they are good.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #5
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
I'm partial to amazon.co.jp for general releases. You pay what's on the order summary, no surprise handling fees or taxes at the door. Plus, they price-protect preorders. Only downside is preorders often can't be cancelled after 30ish days, and they don't pack items securely.

I use nin-nin-game for p-bandai exclusives. Prices are fine when preordering, but they'll definitely hike-up the price of an in-stock exclusive. My orders shipped through Fedex, who have additional, unadvertised handling fees.
Amazon Japan has been a blessing, I'll take their import fee over DHL's any day. Only wonky thing with their pre-ordering I found is they kinda do their own thing with start times. Like maybe a day or 2 after amiami or hobbysearch, so it's easy to miss the cheaper 'shipped by amazon' prices.
StaticShin27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:27 PM   #6
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

I generally use HLJ.com and anime-export.com. They both have private warehouse /pile of loot options that I utilise.

Occasionally I use AmiAmi as well.

I’ve used nin-nin, but I’ve also heard about non too stellar experiences with them.

Sometimes when there’s a good sale on I’ll pick a few things up from CDjapan.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 12:37 AM   #7
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
The only downside to Anime-Export is that if they mess up good luck getting a reply from them. Otherwise they are good.
Yeah I learned that first hand years ago when the original Vegeto S.H Figuarts from Dragon Ball came out. I ordered from there and they sent me a Vegeto prize statue instead of the figure by accident. Ended up never getting a reply from them and having to order another one off Amazon.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote