ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #201
Electro16
Super Friend
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Toysrus free shipping is now limited to $20 off a really high shipping quote meaning you end up paying at least 1.40 shipping per two figures, ironically much more if you order in large bunches
This is actually not true, shipping is free on orders over 49.00$ so if you order a set shipping is free.
Electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #202
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro16 View Post
This is actually not true, shipping is free on orders over 49.00$ so if you order a set shipping is free.
Actually it now says shipping is free up to $20 shipment cost. The cost for shipping two ML figures to BC is now an astounding 21.40. Minus $20 discount gives you $1.40. The cost for shipping multiple figures starts to get above $30 so even with the 20 discount it adds up
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #203
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp...hipping_090415
Old 02-07-2016, 02:05 AM   #204
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Yup, shipping came to $31, and they only covered $20. Kinda silly considering how much I spent.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:26 AM   #205
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Yup, shipping came to $31, and they only covered $20. Kinda silly considering how much I spent.
Next time order them in batches of two, there is some serious error in logic there
Old 02-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #206
Electro16
Super Friend

Quote:
Actually it now says shipping is free up to $20 shipment cost. The cost for shipping two ML figures to BC is now an astounding 21.40. Minus $20 discount gives you $1.40. The cost for shipping multiple figures starts to get above $30 so even with the 20 discount it adds up
I don't know were you see this or what shipping method you use but I ordered 3 figures yesterday and the shipping is free when your order is over 49.00$. Check the link, look below each figure, it says in red " free shipping on everything when you spend 49.00$. It can't be much clearer than that!

http://t.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp...0legends&TRU=1

Last edited by Electro16; 02-07-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #207
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
I don't know were you see this or what shipping method you use but I ordered 3 figures yesterday and the shipping is free when your order is over 49.00$. Check the link, look below each figure, it says in red " free shipping on everything when you spend 49.00$. It can't be much clearer than that!

If you are shipping to central Canada then generally the pre discount shipping quote is much lower and under $20. As noted by the other poster I am not the only one to encounter this. Please see the link I attached, your link seems to be not relevant
Old 02-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #208
Richardo
Cylon Centurion

Quote:

Lol - this misunderstanding is so funny! Marvellegendsguy was being perfectly clear in explaining that shipping is free UP TO $20 shipment cost. If you just look at the link he provided, it will state the conditions very clearly:

Get Free Shipping* on qualifying items when you spend $49 or more before taxes.

* Free Shipping applies to regular shipping on qualifying items up to a maximum of $20.Click here for more shipping details.

Products not qualifying for free shipping promotion will receive a maximum shipping discount of up to $10.00.

Last edited by Richardo; 02-07-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Richardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #209
Electro16
Super Friend

Quote:
If you are shipping to central Canada then generally the pre discount shipping quote is much lower and under $20. As noted by the other poster I am not the only one to encounter this. Please see the link I attached, your link seems to be not relevant
My link is relevant as its the page for the actual figures. I was unable to read your link clearly as there is a publicity over half the texte.

All I know is I purchased 3 figures and at checkout it said shipping 0$ because I was over 49.00$ which is exactly what it says in the link I provided. To answer your other question im shipping to Montreal, whether or not that changes anything I don't know but as I said I was charged 0$ shipping.

Last edited by Electro16; 02-07-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #210
Richardo
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
My link is relevant as its the page for the actual figures. I was unable to read your link clearly as there is a publicity over half the texte.

All I know is I purchased 3 figures and at checkout it said shipping 0$ because I was over 49.00$ which is exactly what it says in the link I provided. To answer your other question im shipping to Montreal, whether or not that changes anything I don't know but as I said I was charged 0$ shipping.
So what Electro16 is saying is that he couldn't be bothered to close an ad to gather the facts.

To end this, both Electro16 and Marvellegendsguy are correct... Marvellegendsguy is just more accurate.

Electro16, you received free shipping ONLY BECAUSE the total shipping cost of your order was below $20. For those of us who bought all 7 figures in Toronto, shipping was estimated at $31, minus the $20 "free shipping" discount, so ~$11.

* Free Shipping applies to regular shipping on qualifying items up to a maximum of $20.
Richardo is offline   Reply With Quote