ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #491
cobralegion
Decepticon
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
I doubt it unfortunately. Hasbro has not been able to even come close to keeping up with the demand for this product.

They were woefully unprepared since day 1.
Yeah exact same here. I still have some hope that the waves with Rey in resistance outfit and all the old cast will hit once the movie is out.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:23 AM   #492
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I'm kinda glad that Hasbro tweeted this pic out. Now I know not to wait around for their release. I think I'll look into getting the Bandai 1/12 model kit. It's going for about $28USD on amazon, has the chrome finish in OT colours. Also swappable arms for different articulation.
Hey wedge, I own the 1/12 Bandai kit and believe me when I tell you, there will never be a better representation of 3P0 at that scale, EVER! Get one before the red arm kit version comes out and people realize they should have bought the OT version. It's gonna be hard to find soon.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 AM   #493
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Hey wedge, I own the 1/12 Bandai kit and believe me when I tell you, there will never be a better representation of 3P0 at that scale, EVER! Get one before the red arm kit version comes out and people realize they should have bought the OT version. It's gonna be hard to find soon.
That's a good enough endorsement for me! And that is a beautiful photo!

I just bought the 3PO from a Japanese ebay seller. He had a bunch of other Bandai SW kits for sale as well. Prices were too good to pass up, and he combines shipping, so I picked up the R2-D2 & R5-D4 kit as well as the Boba Fett one. It's been way too long since I've built a model kit, these should be fun and if they turn out great I may look into more. So much detail, it makes Hasbro look like a joke! To be fair, Hasbro's figures are meant to be played with though, and these are for display purposes.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:13 AM   #494
megathong
Cobra Trooper

The Star Wars Black Kylo Ren helmet is on sale today only at Amazon.ca for $55 + free shipping. Saw tons at TRU for $85

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00T...f_a_hdff_cdl_8
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:03 AM   #495
darthcyanide
Red Shirt

Sweet day today!

The 6 Inch First Order Tie is also Amazon's deal of the day. I finally caved and bought it. With the $20 credit for the amazon credit card which I plan to just cancel, I got it for $143 shipped PLUS 28 dollars credited to my account for the price difference on the Amazon exclusive Stormtrooper 4 pack since that went down last week to 79.99 which was found money so I'm looking at it like I got it for $115 taxes in, which is basically 50% off.

THEN, I check Wal-Mart.ca and they had the Resistance Trooper and the Tie Pilot listed as well. Ordered them both, and they went immediately out of stock so I must have got the last ones. Knock on wood the order doesn't get cancelled.
darthcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #496
Ras
Red Shirt

Cool thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megathong View Post
The Star Wars Black Kylo Ren helmet is on sale today only at Amazon.ca for $55 + free shipping. Saw tons at TRU for $85

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00T...f_a_hdff_cdl_8
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #497
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

^Ok why do I want that helmet so bad lol

Quote:

I just bought the 3PO from a Japanese ebay seller. He had a bunch of other Bandai SW kits for sale as well. Prices were too good to pass up, and he combines shipping, so I picked up the R2-D2 & R5-D4 kit as well as the Boba Fett one. It's been way too long since I've built a model kit, these should be fun and if they turn out great I may look into more. So much detail, it makes Hasbro look like a joke! To be fair, Hasbro's figures are meant to be played with though, and these are for display purposes.
The kits are great. With a little extra TLC and paint, they can be taken to the next level. I've got the next couple weeks off and pretty much all I plan on doing is catching up on painting my Star Wars Bandai kits.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #498
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcyanide View Post
Sweet day today!

The 6 Inch First Order Tie is also Amazon's deal of the day. I finally caved and bought it. With the $20 credit for the amazon credit card which I plan to just cancel, I got it for $143 shipped PLUS 28 dollars credited to my account for the price difference on the Amazon exclusive Stormtrooper 4 pack since that went down last week to 79.99 which was found money so I'm looking at it like I got it for $115 taxes in, which is basically 50% off.

THEN, I check Wal-Mart.ca and they had the Resistance Trooper and the Tie Pilot listed as well. Ordered them both, and they went immediately out of stock so I must have got the last ones. Knock on wood the order doesn't get cancelled.
sweet plan,,,,I was planning of canceling my amazon card as well once i got it....too bad they havent mailed for like 3 weeks already
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #499
Richardo
Cylon Centurion

Quote:

Can you link us to the eBay seller? Looking to pick up these sets as well!
Richardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #500
thepepperskull
Cobra Trooper

Deal of the day. 6" OT Stormtroopers!

http://amzn.to/1P4gamE
40% off!
$13.79 USD!

Comes out to about 24 bucks CDN per stormtrooper... a small deal but still a good deal.
thepepperskull is offline   Reply With Quote