ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 10:31 AM   #171
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Even with Fomo I don't think it will be enough. It still needs 4000 backers and alot of people that retracted their funding already have spent that $350 on other figures or Holiday prep. You also have the people that have been soured on this whole campaign and don't really care about owning the Rancor anymore. I still don't see this getting even close to funded.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #172
Napseeker
Dark Knight

It's always possible that Hasbro is working behind the scenes to offer e-tailers a sweeter deal on the Rancor e.g. selling it to them for a discount over what us schmucks would be paying.

FOMO might add another 500 or 600 backers at the last minute... (although that could be stretching it to say the least).

Even with both that, yeah it seems really unlikely to get backed barring any more surprise desperation announcements by Hasbro.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #173
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
It's always possible that Hasbro is working behind the scenes to offer e-tailers a sweeter deal on the Rancor e.g. selling it to them for a discount over what us schmucks would be paying.

FOMO might add another 500 or 600 backers at the last minute... (although that could be stretching it to say the least).

Even with both that, yeah it seems really unlikely to get backed barring any more surprise desperation announcements by Hasbro.
Outside of Cookie Monster, which failed, all the other Haslabs have added in the thousands in the final days. The last day is especially busy.

Right now I don't know what to think, but history says there will be at least a few thousand added backers in the final two days.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #174
Napseeker
Dark Knight

They're going to need it... I mean, check out the GI Joe Haslab announcement this morning:

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/stat...01280655970304

This is effing hilarious! This is the kind of good will that the Star Wars Haslab is totally missing, not just the announcement of some more Cobra figures tossed into the mix, but doing the announcement with style that Joe fans will get a good chuckle out of.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #175
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
They're going to need it... I mean, check out the GI Joe Haslab announcement this morning:

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/stat...01280655970304

This is effing hilarious! This is the kind of good will that the Star Wars Haslab is totally missing, not just the announcement of some more Cobra figures tossed into the mix, but doing the announcement with style that Joe fans will get a good chuckle out of.
Is this stuff added to the base offering like Malikili was?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #176
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Yes! It's added to the base (obviously Hasbro's Joe team also getting a bit desperate to move up those numbers to get the thing even made).
Old 12-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #177
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Hype for Skystriker increasing....

I still want to see a painted prototype though...
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #178
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

^ the three Cobras and stickers are added to the base offering, so there's probably $50-60 in value in them. Hasbro Emily is on Hisstank, and she says they will have cards with individual art too.

"FinishThisFiasco" may be the best Twitter hashtag no one will ever use. LOL
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #179
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Considering that the O-Ring Cobra Commander is apparently based on a very rare "mickey mouse" chest emblem variant, the value may be even higher to the hardcore Joe collectors.

It may be a repro, but it's also a rare, limited carded repro that you can only get with the Haslab, so that should definitely fuel demand to see the Skystriker get funded even if it's just at the base level.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #180
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

skystriker should be lowered in price significantly, stripped down of all these extras, and placed on store retail shelves as a regular release.

If a TF titan is $250 and TF commander class is $130 then this should be sitting at about $175 Canadian max.

The fact that a generic 4" brand of military toys can sell a set that includes helicopter, figures, jeep, motorcycle for under $50usd tells me that it really doesn't cost much to produce a 3.75" scale plane.
https://www.amazon.com/JOYIN-Camoufl...8557329&sr=8-9
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote