ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #391
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: Upcoming DC Universe Figures!

AFI has some awesome early shots of DCIE Lead, the the third oversized figure for the 2012 subscription program!

Available in December of this year, Lead is build using the C&C Darkseid buck, which may seem too big, but works well considering it was the best option Mattel had. Lead doesn't feature the diecast hands or clip-on accessories of the previous Metal Men, but his tunic is a rubber over piece more like a bib then skirt, allowing the figure to retain all its articulation.

DCIE members can expect Lead in their mail box this December, while non-subscribers can get him off MattyCollector.com!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (68.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (92.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (44.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (54.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (37.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (56.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (54.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (87.6 KB, 7 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #392
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Just two small updates today...

If anyone was wondering why the Mattypalooza panel at NYCC 2012 didn't include anything regarding DCUC/DCIE, Toy Guru posted on the Matty Collector boards that the DCUC team was not at NYCC, thus they couldn't do a panel.

Also, it was also announced on the boards by Toy Guru that the guns included with DCIE Red Hood will be red to make this version of the character more comic accurate.

And finally, also over at the Matty Collector boards, Toy Guru has admitted that they are still looking for a home for the Flashpoint Plastic Man figure revealed early in 2012, but that, as of right now, no plans have been made to release him.

Again, not much, but some stuff to think about regardless.

Facebook
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #393
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

The Fwoosh has another first look up for DC Fan's today - DCIE Uncle Sam with Doll Man! Being released in November through Mattel's mail away club, Uncle Sam and Doll Man kick off another classic, and much wanted, team in 6-inch scale - The Freedom Fighters!

The figure, for the most part, is made up from parts taken from past DCUC figures - Gentlemen Ghost and Joker, with some new pieces thrown in to make him the character he is.

This figure looks great, and his face and head sculpt really capture the essence of the classic character. His face is full of personality and, the longer hair and beard visage, reminds me of the characters appearance in Infinite Crisis.

Although he doesn't come with any accessories, Uncle Sam does come packed with a second Freedom Fighter member - Dollman. He is small, but not as small as the tiny Elasti-Girl figure included with Mattel's DCIE October offering. Although Doll Man features no articulation, his paint is nicely applied and he really fits in well with the larger Uncle Sam figure.

Another win from Mattel! It seems like only yesterday I'd gotten an e-mail from Matty showing the figure off to those that signed up on their mailing list, and now, he'll be hitting mail box's in a little over a month!

Look for Uncle Sam and Doll Man, along with John Constantine if memory serves me correctly, to be arriving in mail box's in November!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (53.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (87.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (57.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (70.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (66.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (87.0 KB, 5 views)

Facebook
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #394
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out the latest offering from Square Enix - The Play Arts Kai Dark Knight Rises Batman figure!

It will feature 26-points of articulation, come complete with interchangeable hands, a batarang, grapple-gun, smoke bomb and a small explosive. It will stand 10" high and also come complete with a display stand and special window box packaging!

The figure is slated for release in June 2013!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (8.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (6.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (7.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (7.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (9.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (18.9 KB, 4 views)

Facebook
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #395
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey, DC Fans! This story is a few days late in coming due to technical issues, but, here it is...

Last Wednesday, the DC Collectibles Facebook page launched a new round of Spoiler Alert. On the first day, a heavily redacted, closely shot photograph was posted of a brand new DC Collectible. Every day following that, a new photo was released, teasing fans to the new figures identity.

Some fans correctly guessed the new figures identity right away, but for those who didn't, the mystry has now been solved...

This is Arkham City Deadshot! He will be joining the already previously announced Batman, Nightwing and Talia Al Ghul as the fourth figure in Arkham City Series 4! The next wave of Arkham City figures is set to hit stores in March 2013!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.4 KB, 11 views)

Facebook
Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #396
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out the new Arkham City Series 4 Images released this morning by DC Collectibles! This new series will hit comic and online retailers in March 2013 and include:

Batman
Deadshot
Nightwing
Talia Al-Ghul

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC1.jpg (77.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg AC2.jpg (81.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg AC3.jpg (76.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg AC4.jpg (75.2 KB, 3 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 11-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #397
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

TheFwoosh has some really great carded shots up of the soon-to-be-released DC Unlimited assortment!

Slated for release in Jan. 2013, the assortment will include:

New 52 Batman
New 52 Batgirl
New 52 Flash (not pictured)
New 52 Hawkman
New 52 Superman
Penguin (Super Powers version)

And for those still wondering, I got back in touch with Toys R Us Canada and the line is still slated for a Jan/Feb 2013 release here in Canada!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (97.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (102.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (97.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (100.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (99.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (102.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (95.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (101.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (94.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (102.2 KB, 4 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 11-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #398
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

BBTS has pre-orders up for DC Unlimited series 3 from Mattel! Although no pictures are available yet, the site has a list of figures that will be included in the assortment. Making up DC Unlimited Series 3 will be:

Injustice Joker
Injustice Superman
New 52 Aquaman
New 52 Darkseid

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 11-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #399
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Pictures have now been revealed for 3 of the 4 pieces in DCU Wave 3 - Aquaman, Darkseid and Superman...

Supes is a pass for me, but Aquaman and Darkseid are figures I was looking forward to when they were announced, so I want to give them a chance. A little disappointed Aquaman doesn't have his necklace from Justice League: Origins, but it's not a BIG deal for me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (43.0 KB, 17 views)

Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #400
pud333
Master of the Universe

Wow. Those look... odd. Is the photo stretched or something?