ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-22-2022, 05:50 PM   #5231
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Kinda crazy how fast the AF Spider-Man, Renew Your Vows 2-pack have sold out on Amazon (AF didn't sell out, but is labelled bestseller) and Gamestop.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:06 PM   #5232
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Kinda crazy how fast the AF Spider-Man, Renew Your Vows 2-pack have sold out on Amazon (AF didn't sell out, but is labelled bestseller) and Gamestop.
Even at the 2-pack price it's cheaper than Retro Spidey on Ebay, and with pinless joints and toe articulation.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:23 PM   #5233
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yeah, that's a problem. It shouldn't be near impossible to amass a team you want if you got into the line late unless you have deep pockets to buy the figures on aftermarket. That's why I think Hasbro should do reissues every few years of popular teams. Even if it's just a made to order type of thing. It would allow newer collectors to be able to hop on board the Legends train and give them more money in the long run. The current system as it is now just deters new collectors away from the line. I'm not saying that Hasbro should start repacking old figures and giving nothing new for already existing collectors, but they should try to make the line more accessible to noobies. Kind like of what black series does pretty well despite all the other problems that line has. They are re-releasing popular characters pretty often.
Ehh I don't know about that. Sometimes you need to reward the people who've been with the line even 6 or 7 years or so. We all have the Jim Lee lineup. If you decide to get into the line full bore mid-stream... you're gonna miss out on some characters/costumes. That's just... the way things are. I would love to get into GI Joe - I think about it every month. But I've already missed a bunch of figures, and I don't expect Hasbro to reissue the ones I passed up 3 years ago. They have re-painted the first series, but there is enough in between that the ship has sailed. I accept that, and I don't blame them for not making every character accessible to me on a whim.

The pace of Legends released DOES mean you have a better shot. Love or hate the cell shading, a bunch of Jim Lee costumes are coming out and are readily available from Pulse, for example.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:13 PM   #5234
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Ehh I don't know about that. Sometimes you need to reward the people who've been with the line even 6 or 7 years or so. We all have the Jim Lee lineup. If you decide to get into the line full bore mid-stream... you're gonna miss out on some characters/costumes. That's just... the way things are. I would love to get into GI Joe - I think about it every month. But I've already missed a bunch of figures, and I don't expect Hasbro to reissue the ones I passed up 3 years ago. They have re-painted the first series, but there is enough in between that the ship has sailed. I accept that, and I don't blame them for not making every character accessible to me on a whim.

The pace of Legends released DOES mean you have a better shot. Love or hate the cell shading, a bunch of Jim Lee costumes are coming out and are readily available from Pulse, for example.
I'm not saying they should reissue every character one wants on a limb. I'm saying they should reissue core characters every so often like Classic Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, etc. I also Never said people who have been collecting the line for years now shouldn't get anything new, reissues and new releases can co-exist. It isn't really fair that if a person wants to start collecting and is late to the game, are stuck paying ridiculous amounts of money for popular character like Wolverine, Iron Man or Spider-Man, etc. Now of course you could always say "lifes not fair, deal with it" but Hasbro's leaving all kinds of money on the table by not doing more frequent reissues of popular characters with their classic looks. If they did so, they would get more casuals into legends which means more Money for them.

Yeah but what if one doesn't like the cell shaded cause of how it looks and that it looks weird next to their other legends? Who even asked for or wanted these cell shaded versions? Fans wanted straight reissue/re-packs of the previous Jim Lee X-Men releases with a bit extra thrown in. Not this cell shaded crap..
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:37 AM   #5235
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

And now the AF has sold out on Amazon. Incredible.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:10 PM   #5236
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
And now the AF has sold out on Amazon. Incredible.
I wouldn't feel bad, you probably would have had your order cancelled anyway. I'm sure you can grab it else where.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #5237
Ksteel
Mutant

We're at the peak of Spider-Man hype. There was a time when Spider-man was the top selling toy IP brand by a vast margin.

Perhaps (thanks to NWH) we're there again.

The selling out is interesting. Makes me wonder if there is less quantity of products now, but more expensive prices.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:47 PM   #5238
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
I'm not saying they should reissue every character one wants on a limb. I'm saying they should reissue core characters every so often like Classic Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, etc. I also Never said people who have been collecting the line for years now shouldn't get anything new, reissues and new releases can co-exist. It isn't really fair that if a person wants to start collecting and is late to the game, are stuck paying ridiculous amounts of money for popular character like Wolverine, Iron Man or Spider-Man, etc. Now of course you could always say "lifes not fair, deal with it" but Hasbro's leaving all kinds of money on the table by not doing more frequent reissues of popular characters with their classic looks. If they did so, they would get more casuals into legends which means more Money for them.

Yeah but what if one doesn't like the cell shaded cause of how it looks and that it looks weird next to their other legends? Who even asked for or wanted these cell shaded versions? Fans wanted straight reissue/re-packs of the previous Jim Lee X-Men releases with a bit extra thrown in. Not this cell shaded crap..
What's crap to one person isn't crap to another. A bunch of 90s kids are happy to have a line themed to a cartoon they grew up with.

All of the characters you mentioned do see a release every or every other year. You just won't see the exact costume you want all the time. A lot of Jim Lee looking characters have received multiple releases in the last 5 years. Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Beast, Rogue... may be forgetting others. Because of the sheer volume of releases from Hasbro, you've never had more of a chance to get something you want if it's popular enough. Hasbro does love a re-use.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #5239
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
What's crap to one person isn't crap to another. A bunch of 90s kids are happy to have a line themed to a cartoon they grew up with.

All of the characters you mentioned do see a release every or every other year. You just won't see the exact costume you want all the time. A lot of Jim Lee looking characters have received multiple releases in the last 5 years. Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Beast, Rogue... may be forgetting others. Because of the sheer volume of releases from Hasbro, you've never had more of a chance to get something you want if it's popular enough. Hasbro does love a re-use.
Re-using molds is Hasbro's way of going green
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #5240
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
I wouldn't feel bad, you probably would have had your order cancelled anyway. I'm sure you can grab it else where.
Nah I'm not worried about it tbh. I have my preorders in, I'm just surprised at how quick it's selling out regardless of the complaints about price.

It kinda prove my hypothesis right that if it's the right character, people will ignore the price increases.